HELP STAYING ON PROGRAM WHILE ON VACATION IN VEGAS.........

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
TRISH

HELP STAYING ON PROGRAM WHILE ON VACATION IN VEGAS.........

Post by TRISH »

I NEED SOME HELP.  I AM GOING TO LAS VEGAS FOR A WORK CONFERENCE.......FOR 5 DAYS.........ANY HELP ON WHAT TO EAT THERE........ANY ONE TRAVEL THERE.  I LOVE SMOOTHIES FOR BREAKFAST AND DINNER........LUNCH IS USUALLY FISH AND VEGGIES.......

I AM STAYING AT THE PARIS HOTEL.  I NEED SOME HELP.........I AM NOT GOING OFF PROGRAM.......

SO ANY IDEAS?                THANKS A BIG BIG BIG  BUNCH  !  !  !  TIRSH     
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: HELP STAYING ON PROGRAM WHILE ON VACATION IN VEGAS.........

Post by MsHeirloom »

Trish- My approach would be to have plenty of fresh fruit and corn thins in my room.  Order a fruit bowl (or 2) and maybe a vegetable omelet for breakfast.  Eat your protein meal at lunch- meat and several vegetables.  Then fruit, salad and/or vegetables at dinner.  Not much harder than at home, except you won't have to cook :angel:!  With your fruit and corn thins you should be prepared for anything.  Maybe you can even get access to a microwave for popcorn!  Best wishes.  I know you can do it.  You'll be so proud of yourself and feel great physically.

Pam
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

*love*
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

Thanks Pam,

I love the ideas everyone has here.  I love this food plan.  First time I am not bored after the first 2 weeks.  I always look for something new to cook up.  I love to cook.  Its hard for only one person, but I freeze if I have to.......

WOW !  your weight loss is GREAT !    keep up the good work.   

Thanks again for your input !       

Trish       
                    *love*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Trish- Let us all know how you manage on your business trip.  You will probably have others interested in LDL by the time you return home.  Pam
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

I WILL SURE WILL.  I AM DETERMINED TO STAY ON PROGRAM........IF I HAVE TO BRING MY MAGIC BULLET WILL ME............LOL      I WILL BE MAKING MY SMOOTHIES IN MY ROOM.......

WE ARE GETTING A FRIG FOR AN EXTRA $ 15.00 PER NIGHT.  SO I CAN HAVE MY FRUIT COLD......

I WILL POST WHEN I GET HOME.........

TRISH
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

gotta love that magic bullet for so many reasons.....its small size means you can find room to pack it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

HI KATHY,

YES YOU ARE RIGHT........I AM PACKING IT WITH ME........SO I KNOW I WILL NOT GO OFF PROGRAM........BREAKFAST AND DINNER WILL BE MY SMOOTHIES.......AND LUNCH WILL BE SALAD WITH CHICKEN/FISH.  TO BRING THE BULLET IS EASIER THAN TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE TO MAKE THEM........ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM GOING TO SEMINARS........I LOVE THIS PROGRAM SOOOOOOOOO  MUCH......I CAN EAT WHEN I AM HUNGRY AND KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF !!!!!!!!!!! 

TRISH     
                    *love*
dehep
New, but learning

Post by dehep »

OOOOH Vegas!!  I love Vegas!!!  I'm jealous - but I know - the temptations!!  You'll do fine - if you get a fridge in your room - that will be sooooo much easier.  Just haul that fruit with you honey!!  HAVE FUN!!

Kathie - so like you to tell her to take her magic bullet - you should be thier spokeswoman!!  I saw one in Kohls this last week for $49.  I have a knock off brand - but it works just fine for now - I may need an upgrade!!
Image   Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

The magic bullet is 49.95 at Bed Bath and Beyond.  But, they always send out those 20% off coupons in the mail.  My store accepts them even if they are outdated.  That would make the bullet only 39.95.  :cool:
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

KATHY, 

ONE YEAR I TOOK MY BULLET TO FLORIDA ALONG WITH MY LAPTOP.  PACKED THEM IN A SPECIAL SUITCASE.......MY DAUGHTER PACKED THE CAR THINKING THE TOP OF THE PILE WAS THE SAFE PLACE.....WHEN WE GOT TO THE AIRPORT TO COME HOME......OPENING THE BACK HATCH.......WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  THE WHOLE CASE FELL OUT........LAPTOP AND BULLET BOTH BROKEN...........THESE WERE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE.........LOL      SO THIS TIME BULLET GOES WITH ME...........SHE OF COURSE IN NOT GOING ON A BUSINESS TRIP........

YES A FRIG IS GOING TO BE IN THE ROOM..........THEY CHARGE  $15.00 PER NIGHT.......IT IS GONNA BE SOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT........

TRISH.
            *love*
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

They won't take the magic bullet from you at the airport, right?  I don't travel by air, so don't know what is allowed.  This may be a totally ridiculous question.  In which case, you may laugh out loud at me!
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Just watch out for those buffets.  Full of extras  But they do have fruit on them and If you look around you can find meat that is LDL friendly
Good Luck  At one time the food in Las Vages was good and made fresh now it is pre made and not as good.  It seems like all of it tastes the same.  Sure glad you are taking your Bullet  I love mine.
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

I WILL PACK THE BLADE PART INTO MY LUGGAGE...........

THAN IT WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE.............

NOT SO SILLY OF A QUESTION. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRISH
julesy
New, but learning

Post by julesy »

I don't know how long the magic bullets have been in stores but I have had mine for over 3 years and I got it off of an infomercial!  I think it was more money that way..lol.  They talked us into getting the two sets, 1 was 'free' but you had to pay shipping and handling.. SO, we have 8 party cups, 2 bases, 2 juicer/blenders and a bunch of the storage cups.  I haven't used it a tremendous amount in the past but I've used it everyday this week mixing beans and smoothies, etc. 

Good luck on your trip + have fun!!
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

WOW !  THAT'S WHEN I GOT MY FIRST ONE TOO !  I GAVE THE OTHER ONE TO A FRIEND......YEARS AGO........ABOUT 1999.........I LOVE IT........I SINCE HAD TO GET ANOTHER ONE.......THE DIFFERENCE IN GETTING IT THRU THE INTERNET IS THEY OFFER INSURANCE.....I HATE TAKING THE INSURANCE........BUT, I ACTUALLY WORE OFF THE BLACK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CUP.......BLENDING IT SO MUCH........THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE FOR ONLY $ 3.99......I AM SURE THE BLADES ARE MORE MONEY THAN THAT.........I STILL AM TOYING WITH GETTING THE VEG MIXER........MAKE THE SMOOTHIES GO LOTS QUICKER AND LET STRESS......IN THE AM......WHEN I WANT TO GET IT DONE SO I CAN GO OUT AND WALK.  THAT AT 6 AM........SO I WANT TO BLEND AND GO.........I AM PLANNING EVERTHING AHEAD OF TIME.  SO I DONT HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT EATING JUST MY SEMINARS.........ALSO, IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.  I CALL MY SEMINAR COUNSLERS, AND ASKED IF I CAN HAVE VEGATERIAN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER ON THE DAY THEY FEED US......SO IT SHOULD GO OK..... REST OF DAYS IS MY OWN.........THIS IS A BIG CHALLENGE FOR ME TO STAY ON PROGRAM. I LOVE CHALLENGES.........

TRISH
savannah

Post by savannah »

Sounds like your well on your way and you'll do fine in Las Vegas....there's always so many places to dine and food choices....you won't have any problem....

Great idea on taking your bullet.......I have a bullet and also bought a LaCucina Brand bullet (clone) from Macy's...they regularily sell for $50....but if you check their ads daily on the internet the prices changes daily...I got mine for $18.99 with free shipping....ended up ordering 6 more for gifts....
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

A BIG WOW !!!!!!!!!!  FOR THAT PRICE.........THAT IS WONDERFUL.........I WILL CHECK THEM OUT.......
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Trish, When are you leaving?  You really have the best suggestions possible!  Let us know how it went when you get back.

Have a great time! :thumbsup:

Julie :rose: