Waddle

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Clown Lady
Master Member

Waddle

Post by Clown Lady »

Hi everyone
Here is a funny question but I have to ask.  As I am getting older my skin has not as much elastic in it.  Plus with 40 years of fat.  Do you think my waddle with shrink or do you think it will get waddlier?  The other thing  I have lost inches alot of them in the wrong places.  I would like to be able to get into the size 22 dress that is in my closet but the roll above my waist just won't go away.  instead I have lost my fanny and my drawers are baggy.    Help with an answer.  Can't wait to wear the new dress.
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
greenheron

Re: Waddle

Post by greenheron »

You must mean your "wattle"...that lovely skin under your chin.  Knowing my family history, I could be headed for one of those, too.

I'm afraid to say that you will probably always have some extra skin there.  If you had the $$ you can get some of that removed surgically...the rest of your face will look slimmer, though, and with all the fresh fruit, water, and low toxins, your skin should look great.

Depending on how much weight you have to lose, the skin around the middle can be a problem, too.  Roger Troy had some loose skin removed after he lost all his weight.  Exercise can definitely help tighten the skin as you lose.

It's not the funnest thing to do, but wearing a nice elastic foundation garment, like Spanx, can keep the loose leftovers under control so you feel smoother, stand taller, and look great.
grambonnie5

Re: Waddle

Post by grambonnie5 »

I too have the wattle just like my daddy and grammy. I have noticed it shrinking from weight loss. I do however think it (unless removed surgically) will never completely go away. My dad is extremely thin and still has it.  :poo: but he is 92 and is as cute as can be wattle and all. Donna, you will be able to get into that new dress before you know it eating this way.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!