Gratitude Party! Come join in!!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
LovinLDL

Re: Gratitude Party! Come join in!!

Post by LovinLDL »

Puddles (because that means it rained) and little kids who play in them:-)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

LovinLDL wrote:Puddles (because that means it rained) and little kids who play in them:-)

This made me smile!  :) 

I'm grateful that I think my life is settling down a bit and I'm going to be able to be on the boards more!  I'm grateful for LDL and the fact that my energy levels are improving daily.  I'm grateful for my friends and for the events that have taken place this last few days.  I'm always and forever grateful to all of you here.  *HUGS*

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Andrea In FL »

I haven't been posting in quite awhile and am grateful to be here once again!  I am so grateful for feeling much better these days.  Grateful for this program of course, and happy to say it's been almost 3 months now and I have lost 35 pounds/2 sizes.  :shock:  I am grateful and proud that I have cut out all sugar and white starches - what an accomplishment for me.  So grateful to Roger and all of you!  *hug*
Gratefully losing
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Andreeeeeaaaaa,

I am grateful that I came on this topic today and saw your post. You ticker threw me for a minute bc it looks so much like mine - I thought I had a Senior moment and had forgotten that I already posted  :laughing:  WHEW! 

You are doing fantastic!  :thumbsup:  Please post in the success stories so that those that are lurking (we kn ow you are out there) will be inspired by your progress to get on the LDL bandwagon. Also are there any tips you  would like to share?  I love to hear variations on what people are doing. Sometimes it works for the rest of us. I have about 25 lbs more to lose than you do and I don't want to see the weight loss slow at all - except maybe for Christmas  *evil*

I am grateful everytime I see Manda's beautiful smile.  *hug* I always want to ask her what the occasion was when that picture was taken bc she looks truly happy!

Today I am particularly happy bc I have lots of energy and am cleaning the house!  Who would think that would make me happy?  But when you have gone through a time in your life when you do not have the energy for the basics - it really makes you grateful when you can finally do it again. Yep, I am gratefull for it all, washing the floors, waxing the furniture and the hardwood, cleaning out the closets, washing the windows. I am excited about doing every last chore!

About the closets - I am even more grateful that I can give away a lot of stuff that has gotten too big on me and will perhaps help someone in need. I have a new wardrobe and I only shopped in my closet

I am very grateful to see Kathy's beautiful smile bc I am reminded of all the Happy Dances she has posted to cheer us on and make us all feel special!  *hug* *hug*

Julie - ya'll - lovely sentiment esp in it's simplicity.  *love*  As you can see, I have never learned to be succinct!  :rolleyes:

I could go on - but I will save some for another day!  Happy Saturday!

Julie :rose:
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I am going to elaborate a bit more...

The day I wrote about the puddles I was enjoying my 2yo and 4yo playing in one.  It was in our front yard.  Later that evening I asked my dh what we should do about the low lying place right in the middle of our front crushed granite walkway.  He replied "absolutely nothing, I want to come home every day to those two playing in that puddle!". I AM thankful it is a mudless puddle and that I have a dh that is such a good daddy."

Blessings,
Julie
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I am so greatful for Snoopy coming on board.  We both have the same goals and our DH's are supportive.  She sent me the blue book and I returned it to her and now we both have the red book and doing well  What more could a mom ask for.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Clown Lady wrote:I am so grateful for Snoopy coming on board.  We both have the same goals and our DH's are supportive.  She sent me the blue book and I returned it to her and now we both have the red book and doing well  What more could a mom ask for.
CL

I know what you could ask for. . . . Move Oklahoma closer to California.  *love* That is the only thing wrong with the lay out of the states now.  And that blue book you gave back to me, I have pass it forward to a third owner, Hawaii Girl.  She has lost 9 lbs and her blood work as all improved  ;D  Thanks to LDL.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

So many things  for which to be grateful, Thank you Jesus for saving my soul, giving me a great family, a roof over my head, friends, my church family, and a new way of eating( food on my table).  There is a song that is similar to  that.  It's nice to be associated with people who are grateful; your lists are all similar and fun to read.  Joyful Friend
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Oh Man....

Once i start counting my blessings in earnest, i can't find an end to the list.

Here goes...

my parents still being alive and healthy in all respects even as i get get older..
parents living near me
wonderful PATIENT husband (i am really a handful)
deliciously handsome husband with the most beautful legs, butt, feet, hands, ears, i think everything about him, even his tummy, is beautiful
being a lawyer (i don't really know how God made that happen...he just put it all together...very  mysterious)
not having lost a case since 1996 (amazing wins in the most mysterious ways...
having really incredible clients who all believe in God (no matter their religion) and who believe in the power of prayer and who join hands with me to pray over their cases....and who praise God when we achieve results that were even beyond our prayers! God is the BESTEST lawyer, judge...
having my own law practice from home office where i can make  a living and also take care of my husband (which i love to do)...
having art in my life...an art studio filled with delicious vintage fabrics, paints, etc.
Having health insurance for both me and hubby at a ridiculously low cost considering hubby is almost 70....all because God let me see one little sentence somewhere that led me to ask the company if i would qualify as a small sole proprietor business....Thank you Lord!  So much peace of mind to know we're both insured for an amount i can afford...
Plenty of food....
four wonderful children (step kids) who love me and who i love and who have promised to take care of me in my old age.. (they made me cry when they did that).
Great relationship with my step kids' mother

(Something is wrong with this window...the page keeps jumping around....so i'll stop my  blessing list here for today.

God bless us all
margo
beliving in God an