For those at goal - need more responses, please?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
LMSP

Re: For those at goal - need more responses, please?

Post by LMSP »

I am on board - back to the basics for two weeks for me - then weigh in to see if this was the extra boost I needed!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey L,

Should we start a thread with 2 weeks of LDL PURE - results!. Or something like that so we can continue to update how it is going and most importantly --- support each other. What do you think?

Kathi, Trish?  Some others may wish to join us and even more may be inspired by the results we will see.  (I am sure we will see great results!)

Whaddayathink?  :D  I'm excited!  :laughing:

Julie  :rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Trish and Tiss are also on board with back to hard core LDL this week....yep, I say start a thread.  Today is going great so far and I am in!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

I'm going to hold out on hard core LDL and see if it makes a big difference with you guys. Right now, I really like eating soup and veggies at dinnertime instead of fruit.  If you all see big results in the two weeks, I'll jump on board.

Good luck everybody!! :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

yayayaya make a thread

Manda your the bestesssssesss for sending me the entire article  :kiss:  :kiss:  :kiss: 

Ok rememebr, today wont count for me cos I ate tuscan bean dip and corn thins for breakie and some now with lucn, no fear its near gone( this is all tiss's fault) I am addicted to this I swear  :'(
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I was glad Roger cleared that up about the weight loss possible in a week in the First article.  I've appreciated the amount I've lost, but it took a month to lose less than the article said you'd possibly lose in a week.  Happy with what I lost and really didn't expect to lose the big amount the magazine said.

[In fact, I almost didn't read the article (which I saw in the hospital waiting room while waiting for my mom to have a procedure done) because I was like, "Yeah, right, like you could lose that much weight in a week."  I'd been praying for help to lose weight that has seemed harder to lose now that I'm 50.  Anyway, I read the article, which amazes me that I did because it just seemed like another one of those hyped diets.  So glad that I took the time to read it.  It gave me that hope I needed to give it a try.]

I've been following LDL a little over a month and have lost 11 lbs.  It has been a delicious way to lose weight and I'm feeling great.  I'd like to join the group doing the faster weight loss for two weeks.  It'll be fun to see if it works for us.  We can compare notes. 

The only thing that will get me to stop is if I start feeling very deprived, like the way that would undermine my overall success.  I'm not thinking that will happen, though, because I love fruit!

It is afternoon, but I already started today, as I followed it without realizing it. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OK my friends. I am going to begin a new thread and we can go there to track our results. Doesn't matter if you begin today or tomorrow or next week. But if we follow the plan as written we will be able to KNOW what our bodies can accomplish. SO this will be like a journal for the team!

Love to all!  *love*

Julie  :rose:
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

julie409 wrote:OK my friends. I am going to begin a new thread and we can go there to track our results. Doesn't matter if you begin today or tomorrow or next week. But if we follow the plan as written we will be able to KNOW what our bodies can accomplish. SO this will be like a journal for the team!

Love to all!  *love*

Julie   :rose:
youz da  best  :thumbsup:

btw I just looked at your age  :shock: not that thats bad or nuffin, I just neva thought you were over my age
now  apic would really toss me ovaboard  :inlove:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Trish  *love* - Pic coming soon. What a nice compliment ---  my posts sound young!  ;D  I am a little shocked myself when I see my age.  :shock:  And I sometimes look like that when I look in the mirror!

I started eating pure today. I really don;t have too much of a choice. I have to get this Rosacea back into remission.

Manda, thanks so much for sending the article. You saved me a bunch of time as my house is in a real mess right now.

crickadoodle - love the screen name. Glad you are joining us. This will be fun to do together!  *hug*  You have really done well so far. Most of us have had good results and of course it is not JUST about the weight though that was the impetus.  We just want to see if it can be pushed into new territory. After this test, we can each make a conscious decision to continue this way or not. Feeling deprived should never happen --- there are too many great choices of foods to eat.  Of course, that is one of the reasons I have not followed the PURE LDL. I really wanted something hot to eat when I came home from work. That could be just habit --- I don't know.  Anyway, happy to hear you are feeling great!  LDL is awesome!

OK guys, see you in the other post! 

Julie :rose:
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Ok, my not so typical story (the short of it because I'm thumbing it in while watching my "littles" play with bubbles and defending the frozen grapes and cherries from the collies)...

My goal when I started LDL was to "lose the baby weight"...I had an idea of a weight I wanted to be, but didn't reach that before my scale broke.

When the scale broke I accepted that as providence and stopped weighing (that was about 2 years ago). 

Since starting LDL I have had some fairly significant life changing events...My baby had a heart procedure, my Grandmother (who lived with us for two years) had a stroke which eventually took her home to heaven, my parents divorced after 40+ years of marriage, my Mother remarried, we moved our family of 8 twice...still trying to sell a home (significant financial strain along with that), another death in the family, a flood that put us out of our home for a few weeks...

I will say this...if it wasn't for the Lord blessing our family with LDL, my entire crew would be much less healthy.  I am certain that my dh, my two teenage girls and myself would all struggle with weight and that dh would still be throwing up 2-3 times/week. 

I feel great with the weight I have lost and the energy I have (I think I can fairly say I have lost my baby weight) but I might still like to be thinner and often wonder if I stayed more true to plan through times with extended family and such if I might be able to lose just a bit more.

Size isn't really a fair indicator in my case  (though many of my clothes now fit very loose and/or I have bought or been given smaller sizes and now share with my teenage daughters), but I don't typically wear pants.  The pants in my picture were a size 6/8...I used to wear about the same pre-pegnancy, but then sizes run very funny.  I have a number of loose size 6 dresses and a size 8/10 that is still too tight to wear.  I guess I keep it around in hopes:-)

So, since I am in "settling" mode, I am going to try the "very true to LDL" plan for a while too, with only fruit for bf and dinner and try very hard not to let myself go hungry (my biggest struggle is getting too busy to eat during emotional times, then not making the best choices). 

We will be going to be with extended family over the next week (SIL having a major surgery...thanks RT for the help with this a while back).  I am going to plan ahead and really purpose to do good LDL meals for everyone.

Blessings
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wow Julie, Sharing your clothes with your daughters must be a real kick!  That's awesome :thumbsup:
And if you are joining us on this quest for purity, that would be great to have a master with us.

It sounds like you have had your hands full for a long time. I know how that can be. The moving alone is enough to make you scream!  But I know what you mean about LDL giving the strength to cope.  I feel that way too! I had a number that I wouldn't let myself go past on the scale and I kept kissing it. If I didn't start LD when I did, I am sure I would have gone way over by now and would have been in really dangerous territory - health wise.

I hope things are getting better and that you and the family are enjoying your wonderful new home. Thanks so much for taking the time to come on and talk with us a little.  Hope to see you on the other thread!

isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

wow Julie, thanks for sharing and reminding us ALLthat

there but by the grace of God go I  *hug*
You have been thru allot and that alone speaks volumes
so I applaud you and I bow to you and hope to learn ALLOT more from you

thank you for being you, sharing and caring  :rose:

*evil* julie, you sound beyong young, I honesly have to say I swore you were younger than me  :angel:
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Trish,

I hope that's a good thing! Anyway I am taking that as a compliment!  Thank you! BTW, Julie means "young at heart". It says so on my cup!  :laughing:

isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

of course it was a compliment, silly one, it surely was not meant disrespectful or rude or mean or crass or snide or or or  :'( 
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

isthis4me wrote:of course it was a compliment, silly one, it surely was not meant disrespectful or rude or mean or crass or snide or or or  :'( 

Stop it now! :D :laughing: ;D  *love*
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Wow, Julie, you have been through so much!  I am glad you are board with us for pure LDL.  :inlove:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.