For those at goal - need more responses, please?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
julie409
Master Member

For those at goal - need more responses, please?

Post by julie409 »

HI Everyone,

I know there are a lot of you out there like Little Mary and Julie (Y'all) that have reached goal weight.
I am wondering how it will go as we approach our goal weight (as you can see by my ticker, I like to plan ahead!  :D )

But seriously, can you please share how much weight you wanted to lose originally?  Did you adjust your expectations bc you KNEW a lower weight was now possible?  Did the weight loss slow considerably when you reached within 20 lbs of goal?  40? How did you stop from continuing to lose -- up your calories or did your body just KNOW when it was done?  Did you stop when you reached a certain size?

It would be interesting to hear from some of you that didn't have that much to lose as well as those who also had a lot of weight to lose, as so many of us have around 100 lbs or more to lose (though that number comes down every time we post ---thank GOD!)

I do know that everyone loses at their own rate and that some of us are dealing with medical conditions and I have no intention of ever stopping this way of eating. I feel much too healthy for that.  I think info of this sort would really set the record straight and help us know what to expect.

So how did you know you were done?  

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on August 3rd, 2009, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Re: For those at goal - how did it feel?

Post by julie409 »

Oh Mary! 

Thanks so much for giving us that insight. I really had an inkling of what it would be like but hearing it straight from you is wonderful! It is incredible what our bodies KNOW and can do if we just get out of the way So we just follow LDL and let our body do it's thing.

It is also comforting to know it is never too late for any of us and we can reverse years of damage from processed foods.

Thanks for inspiring us!

chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Now that was a good question It was on my heart too...I have 100pds to lose so .So when  Mary said her body kept losing  and reshaping I see hope for a butterfly coming from :stop: :stop: LARGE THEN LIFE BODY.. thanks two both of you.. :rose: :rose: :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Chipmunk,

I am right there with you.  *hug*  I see that your ticker is not just pretty but symbolic in nature. (HMMMM, maybe I should start a topic and ask why people have chosen their ticker symbols!)

I believe in visualizing what I am trying to create and hearing from Mary helped to eliminate any lingering doubt.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Julie I agree that it was an amazing question and thank you Mary for the insight! I have people that I have gotten to start LDL and they ask me that question all the time and I didn't know what to say. Now I can tell everyone what happens!  *woot* *woot*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Excellent topic, Julie!
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Julie,

I love that you asked that question.  I was going to ask Mary and some of the others to please show us a day in the LIFE now of daily food and back in the day. Would be nice to know how much less food they eat today compared to back then.

Thanks for the info Mary. It really gives me even more hope and answers lots of questions.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thank you so much for this post and thank you Mary for the response!  I have no clue what to even set my goal for....but now I know, just keep doing LDL and my body will know my goal!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
julie409
Master Member

Re: For those at goal - need more responses, please?

Post by julie409 »

I am responding to myself in an effort to keep the topic on top to get more responses. :thumbsup:
I realize that most people at goal may not come on the boards as much as they used to and I would really like to hear more on the subject although Mary gave us an incredible response. I know she helped a lot of people to trust it could happen to them too!  :kissed:

Julie  :rose:
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Per Roger's response --- I guess that is the key to the quicker loss if we want it.  And I think for most of us, we don't mind the 8-10 lbs a month eating a more varied LDL program.  So I think I will test this out - I have been on program since May 24th (if I remember correctly) and I am down 18 lbs... so starting tomorrow I am going to go back on the First Mag's LDL eating program (no wraps of course) for 2 weeks and then weigh myself since I usually weigh myself every two weeks.  I just weighed in today and have remained at the same weight since last weigh-in. 

I trust Roger completely and I am sure that the basic LDL strategy works for more rapid weight loss, and I am really trying to get to the next level for me (into the 240's) vs the 250's where I am now.  I keep a food journal so that I stay accountable.  For the next two weeks you will see lots of fruit listed there again....and for me here in PA now it the time for fresh wonderful fruit -- cause come Winter - there will be alot more canned etc choices only.  My goal is 150-160 (160 would be wonderful) for me that is a size 12 which is my comfort size (well at least 25 yrs ago it was  :D) -- how time flies!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks Roger, for the reminder. I am going to try that again.  :thumbsup: I am very grateful for the good health and weight loss that LDL has provided. It is coming off steadily and that is a great blessing.  :angel:

I loved hearing how Mary reached her weight goal and then continued to lose inches. Would you care to share with us how it was for you when you reached goal?  I am sure that everyone would be interested.

LMSP, I am going to test that too!  I will send you a PM. Maybe we can buddy up and compare results :cool:

Julie :rose:.
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Hey Julie - I replied to your message - Are you doing a food journal?  I am and you can see what I will be eating there/
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

After reading this thread, I went back to the article in First.  I only briefly read it the first time and got the book and started with that.  I was surprised when I returned to it last night to see Mary and Julie in the article, duh!  I did not remember that, lol!  When I read the article, it was before I met them.  Then after I got on these boards, I never returned to the article again.  Sorry ladies, but congrats on the magazine fame!  Anyway, the point of this post....I am going to stay with fruit for breakfast and dinner this week and see if that shakes things up a bit.  It will be more like the article....but no wraps of course!
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Ok Im gonna do this too girls
Also I have a journal
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

turkkm wrote:After reading this thread, I went back to the article in First.  I only briefly read it the first time and got the book and started with that.  I was surprised when I returned to it last night to see Mary and Julie in the article, duh!  I did not remember that, lol!  When I read the article, it was before I met them.  Then after I got on these boards, I never returned to the article again.  Sorry ladies, but congrats on the magazine fame!  Anyway, the point of this post....I am going to stay with fruit for breakfast and dinner this week and see if that shakes things up a bit.  It will be more like the article....but no wraps of course!
Kathie

or anyone
do you have a copy of the article, I lost ( or dh tossed or the dogs ate it) my mag  :'( so I dont recall exactly what it said and of course they dont have it online :thumbdown:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I have a copy of the article.  My scanner is broke or I would scan and email it to you.  Anyway, it is pretty much the ldl lunch we are used to.  But, breakfast and dinner is fruit only.  Other times of the day, for snacks, it is also fruit only.
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Trish,

I'm emailing the article to you now, let me know if it doesn't go through, sorry the file is so large, I don't know how to size it down!
Last edited by MandaM on August 3rd, 2009, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Kathi,

Isn't it cool to go back and see Mary and Julie all glammed up?  When I re read it a while ago, I noticed that it was them. I was quite delighted.

Trish, I will look for my copy later today. I know it is around here somewhere.

I am going to do it the way Roger says in the book on page 43 and see if I can push things a little. I am so close to onederland- I can taste it!  And I want to follow Tina - she has been my inspiration!  I have already noticed a big difference in following what Lydia was doing - eating as much fresh foods as possible and no more sauces in jars etc. I lost 3 lbs this week alone and last month I lost 7.5 lbs for the whole month!  So that already made a huge difference.  :cool:  (I know, I know, I am not  :stop:  supposed to weigh myself but that is one habit I am not even willling to break!)

Anyway:

Breakfast: Eat as much Fresh Fruit as you want.
Eat nothing through the rest of the morning.

Lunch: Make this your main meal.
Eat extra lean Beef, chicken, turkey, fish and other acceptable proteins.
You may also have all you can eat of acceptable soups, salads and vegetables.
Eat nothing until Dinner.

Dinner: First eat as much fresh fruit as you want. (canned or frozen is also acceptable.)
A smoothie is also acceptable.
ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED after eating the fruit, then you may have acceptable soups, salads, corn. beans, peas until satisfied.

Evening Munchies? Fresh fruit/ fruit smoothie/frozen grapes.  ONLY if these do not satisfy, then go to other acceptable snacks like soy nuts, raisins (little), popcorn, SF Jello, cool whip lite (a little - not spooning it out of the container like I did - totally stalled me  *lipssealed*  ), veggies with acceptable dip. (There are others in the book but I figured this was enough to get us started if we are in this together.  :thumbsup:

What do you say - want to see what's up?  (I am going to continue to exercise the same way I have so I do not affect the results.)