How late can I eat dinner?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
michelevalencia
New, but learning

How late can I eat dinner?

Post by michelevalencia »

I usually start with my fruit smoothie around 6 am with my coffee, and I am good until Let's Do Lunchtime around 12:30 - 1:00,but I get home from work and cook dinner for my family, from which I take my protein for my LDL lunch the next day, and often I do not get around to eating my salad or fruit salad or smoothie dinner until 8 pm and I go to sleep by nine-ish. Am I eating too late?
I lost 20 lbs in the first month, and kinda stalled, but suspect it is water-weight that comes along once a month......

Thanks for any insight...

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
niki
Administrator

Re: How late can I eat dinner?

Post by niki »

michelevalencia wrote:Am I eating too late?
I lost 20 lbs in the first month, and kinda stalled, but suspect it is water-weight that comes along once a month......

yes, you are eating too late....
as far as water weight goes, it's the 20 pounds that is mostly water weight.....it isn't a plateau after the first month or two, it's just that a lot of the initial loss is water weight.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
michelevalencia
New, but learning

Post by michelevalencia »

as far as water weight goes, it's the 20 pounds that is mostly water weight.....it isn't a plateau after the first month or two, it's just that a lot of the initial loss is water weight.......

Water weight?  :shock: all of it?? I only had about 50 to 60 lbs to lose in the first place. Is 20 lbs all water weight? So I should expect weight loss to slow way down??
I promise I will eat dinner earlier!!!  :) even if its a quick smoothie made before I make the family dinner.....

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Ok I gotta wade in on this water loss thing.

If we are eating till we are full--which we probably weren't before, how is this water loss?  I'm eating way more than I did before--well actually less now that I've been eating smarter for three months--If I'm losing inches all over, not just in my fingers and feet like I did on diets, how is it water loss?

What is water loss vs weight loss?  Are they the same?

If its just water loss then are the inches coming back if I drink a ton of water?

I think I'm reacting to the the term "water loss" as badly as I did the scale.

RB Kayaking