Crohn's Disease

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Crohn's Disease

Post by crickadoodle »

Does anyway know of things that help this?  A friend was just diagnosed with this.  We are praying for a miracle foremost, but I know lots of people have lots of wisdom about different things on these boards.  Is anyone doing LDL who has this disease?  Does it help at all? 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Crohn's Disease

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle,

What specific things would you like to know about the disease? There is a lot of information that I could post but it's definitely a lot. If I know exactly what you're looking for maybe I can help you understand it much better.

But there is no known cure.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, are there things he can do to help his symptoms?  Like, are there things to eat or supplements or something??  I think I've understood in the past that there is no cure for it yet.  Is that right? 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Crickadoodle, make sure he speaks to his physician about the following before taking this advice. And, yes, you are correct. There is no known cure.

The foods that trigger symptoms differ for each person with Crohn's disease. Many people with Crohn's disease find that the foods on the following list aggravate symptoms during disease flares. So it's likely that at least some of these listed foods will trigger his symptoms:

alcohol (mixed drinks, beer, wine)
butter, mayonnaise, margarine, oils
carbonated beverages
coffee, tea, chocolate
corn husks
dairy products (if lactose intolerant)
fatty foods (fried foods)
foods high in fiber
gas-producing foods (lentils, beans, legumes, cabbage, broccoli, onions)
nuts and seeds (peanut butter, other nut butters)
raw fruits
raw vegetables
red meat and pork
spicy foods
whole grains and bran

He needs to be on a high protein/calorie diet. Crohn's is an inflammation of the bowel and causes the body not to be able to absorb nutrients the way it should, therefore, causing malnutrition. Also, taking 3,000 mg of omega-3 a day has proven to help the inflammation.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on September 6th, 2009, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wow, that list of food to avoid leaves very little to eat that I can think of.  I guess you just have to eat cooked vegetables, chicken and fish, not much else.  Hopefully, he'll find out which things trigger his and not all will do this to him.  Thank you for the information.  I've known several people that have this and knowing this really makes me feel for them. 
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Crickadoodle, I have no info to offer but I will send up prayers for your friend.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Thank you so much.  My husband and I stood at the altar today in prayer for him.  I know God can heal and we are praying for this miracle to happen for him.  He has overcome so many addictions in the past and is such a testimony of God's grace.  He is an awesome worship leader and has really been a blessing. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle,

I'm a firm believer in God. If it's His will then your friend will be healed.

I, too, will say a prayer for him. :angel:

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Thanks so much. 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Seeing this after years have passed. This friend of ours did the remote feedback hand cradle and the homeopathic doctor said it showed he did not have Crohn's, but instead had some type of parasite you could only get near Mexico City and had he ever been there. Well, he had as a teen with his family. She prescribed various natural things, herbs and drops and stuff. After several months he was totally cured. He eats anything he wants and has not had any symptoms like Crohn's ever since. It's been over 5 years, for sure. Seeing this wonderful answer to prayer.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/3/17
I bought a book the other day by Dr. Mercado about healing the body with 9 simple changes. Drinking water was one, hetalked about grounding(walking barefoot in the grass), exercise in a fasting state to burn the brown fat, Eating no grains and sugar, and it sounds so much like LDL as far as the diet goes. I gave it to my son-in-law for his birthday. I will find out the exact title and author and post it. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/10/17
I feel God's direction in my life. I am starting to lose again and developing some good exercise habits through my chiropracter and Physical therapy. Life is good and I feel the freedom of LDL.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11