Newbie with questions

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
runnin momma
New, but learning

Newbie with questions

Post by runnin momma »

Today was my first day. I have a couple of questions. I can't reread the book because I was telling my mom about it, and she begged me to leave it with her to read.{We are going to the bookstore this week to get her a copy for herself}

1. Do you eat breakfast when you feel hungry or do you get up and force yourself to eat regardless of whether or not you're hungry?

2. As dinner time neared, I knew I should eat some fruit, but all I had on my mind was the low fat popcorn I had been thinking about eating all day. The minute I ate the popcorn I wanted my chocolate. My curse! Should I just not eat until I start to feel hungry, or do I just force myself to have some fruit first?
Getting full on fruit is a new concept to me. I am going to raid the grocery store tomorrow to find all of the fruit I have never eaten because it was too fattening! Maybe if I have something to look forward to beside the same old boring apples it will be easier.

I guess I am little nervous. I am combining this plan with a book of daily devotionals and bible study that a christian weight loss plan uses. I like your natural approach to food, but I need lots of spiritual help too   :)

Thanks for a plan that is simple and reasonable. I can't wait for the time when I can post in the success stories area.
xraybedo

Re: Newbie with questions

Post by xraybedo »

hey runnin momma. i'm new at this too. Today is Jan. 6th and this is my 4th day. I have children too. I'm 37 and my daughters are 17 (18 in feb.) and 9. my oldest is graduating high school so there is always something going on with us. i love fruit. always have, but just have never given myself permission to eat it freely like i'm doing now. i'm from the south. fruit has always been a snack, not a meal so this is new for me too. i find i'm already waking up looking forward to my smoothie. it really gets me going in the morning. this is amazing when you consider that our usual breakfast was biscuits with saugage gravy. gravy is a beverage in the south by the way. keep us posted on how you are doing. i like hearing how others are succeeding.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Runnin momma and Xraybedo,
It is great to read your comments and excitement about LDL.  My family has been doing this program since October and we have had great results!  Even with the Holidays our household has lost 90lbs. My husband has lost 39 lbs and I am so proud of him and I lost 20 which was my goal!!  We have 2 of our 7 children also losing weight on the program.  The most amazing part is we are never hungry!!  I know what you mean about gravy as a beverage...I live in TN and if you ask my 3 year old what color Daddy's eyes are....she says gravy instead of gray!!  So many people notice the results and we have gotten several family members and friends started on LDL as well.  Even the children that arent following the program because they do not need weight loss have lost weight just eating healthier with the extra fruit and I know the butter substitutes and Stevia are a big change for us.  Keep up the good work and if I can stay away form chocolate anyone can!!!! ANG
runnin momma
New, but learning

Post by runnin momma »

It is awesome to have such a great place for support. I have now been eating successfully for 6 days. I was down another pound today for a total of 7 so far. Today was the first day that I wasn't overcome with a horrible craving for chocolate! I can't believe that I can say that I haven't eaten chocolate for 6 days. That is a miracle in itself!

I had a meeting today in my classroom, and I had to laugh to myself when I saw another teacher eyeing all of the baggies of fruit on my desk.
I didn't feel very hungry today, and didn't eat very much. I did make sure I had the food on hand though.

I am planning what recipe I am going to make tomorrow. It is so exciting to be excited about cooking! I think my sons and husband are going into shock. They are going into frozen dinner withdrawl. hee hee.

My mom is following the diet too. We are both reading the book for a second time now. We agreed that we really missed a lot the first time. You just can't absorb everything on the first read through. I'll have to get out the highlighter and note pad this time. I was thinking about typing a little chart to help me remember which foods are appropriate at which times of the day until I get the hang of it.

Thanks for all of the support. For once, I don't feel alone in my quest  :)