Where did the cellulite go?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
preachwife

Re: Where did the cellulite go?

Post by preachwife »

Crickadoodle...That is what I wear and I am pear shaped too...I really think they cut clothes bigger then they use to years ago, so you might be suprised when you reach 130lbs...

Have A Blessed Day At Church Tomorrow
Preachwife
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

One time I got down to my WW "goal" of 143, but I did not exercise and I looked like a walking skeleton.  I looked ok in my size 2 dress, but my poor body was not a pretty sight.  I was 5'6" & one of those who really ARE big boned.  I am anxious to see where the Lord and my body decide my real weight should be.  At 300-something, I'll have to wait awhile to find out!
Last edited by Gwennaford on September 27th, 2009, 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I know, Gwen, it is so much more than height that you have to figure -- bones, muscle mass.  God made each of us to be unique.  That's why one of us can eat one thing and it doesn't bother us, but another person is allergic.  We've got to understand what our bodies do.  I've really enjoyed having all these different voices to listen to what has worked for them.  I can try it and it might work for me -- or it might not.  We get to know ourselves better, and therefore learn to take better care of ourselves.  Like most women, I've been so focused on caring for the others in my life, I forgot about taking care of myself.  Now that I'm home full time caring for my mom, it is easier than caring for everybody and having a full time job too.  I remember telling myself, "One foot in front of the other, just keep going."  I knew toward the end that I was going to not be working this school year and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but to get there took just plain old stamina and determination.  I was a crazy woman while in the midst of it all, but I did it.  Now, I actually have time to focus on getting in shape and healthy.  I can care for everyone else so much better because of it.  This has been such a blessing to us all.  I can tell my husband likes having me home and has found some things are so much more important than money.

Wow, did I get off topic!  Well, I guess not, because of this, my cellulite is going away.  My skin on my legs really does look lots better than it did and I am glad someone mentioned this, because I hadn't noticed that.  LDL is great. 
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

WHAT a perfectly YUMMY thread this is! I have enjoyed just sitting here reading the whole thing... wow! I am down 17lbs from my original weight of 194, 14.4 of which I've lost with LDL... I'm doin serious exercise 5 days a week, which includes weight training on 3 of those days, on a 6th day (which I call a activity day) I don't do gym type stuff.. but instead I go on a nature walk with my kids, or bowling with my kids (always a family activity). So, it's a restful day, but not a lazy day. On Sundays I give myself rest, rest, rest! Again, I'm not lazy, no sitting on the couch watching tv, but I don't do anything to get my heart rate PUMPIN!

I too am seeing my skin look smoother... AND another little victory for me has been that when I got in the car to drive yesterday I noticed a GAP between my tummy and the steering wheel! WHOO HOOOO! I've always hated that my tummy rubs on that stupid wheel... like a constant reminder..."your too fat"! Well not anymore baby!

:D Have a happy Lord's Day!
Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Hi Tiffany,

I know that steering wheel dilema quite well! A few months ago my stomach and steering wheel were quite a pair!  :laughing: I couldn't even put my seat back to get comfortable b/c then I couldnt reach the pedals to drive! One thing is for sure...LDL along with the weight training I'm doing is quite a good pair. Even though you don't need to exercise on LDL to lose...which is true...if you can exercise it really is a plus. I've got to tell you...NEVER in my wildest dreams did I imagine that eating the LDL way was flushing great amounts of fat out of my body. I'm not big on meat, chicken or fish...I make lots of bean soups...and if you look at it (especially if you're adding corn to the soups), you're getting protein and your getting fiber...what's a better combination to flush fat. :laughing: I didn't realize when I asked about celulite that it would be such a great information forum :D I hope we get lots more interesting info from others about what LDL as done for them. I know one thing for sure, I've been on lots of different diets and lost weight before....but never had cellulite disappear, never had so much energy or had my skin look so good...there is definitely something amazing about LDL!
Cheryl
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I love this post too.  It made me take another look at the positive changes -- like diminished cellulite.  I have been this weight before and it looked so much fatter than it does now with doing LDL and exercising -- walking and weight training.  I can't imagine how good my goal will look!  More importantly than anything, though, is how good I feel.  My joints feel so much better and my feet feel so much better.  I started at 175 lbs. on a 5'7" frame.  I'm now in the upper 140s.  It is amazing the difference 25 lbs. can make.  I have more range of motion.

I remember just before LDL I saw a lady who was older than me stoop down to tie her shoe and then just get up afterward.  I thought, "I want to do that!"  I have to really use my arms to push myself back up.  I think I'm going to be able to do it.  I notice things like being able to walk up the stairs without holding onto the rail.  The little victories aren't so small.  Isn't it wonderful to have an attitude of appreciation?
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

All I can say is Wow! Such encoragement! I appreciate you all sharing.
Hugs,
Bobbi
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Hi All,

The amount of fat being flushed out of our systems is amazing. Since starting LDL and exercising things are most definitely easier to do. Many of us here are about the same age...I'm 57 and I remember when I was a small child and my grandmother would drop something and bend down to pick it up...her butt would go up in the air and her legs seemed to almost split -  :D. I remember thinking, "Oooo that's not happening to me." LOL guess what ... it did. I do find, however, it is changing. As a matter of fact, everything I do during the day...I try and add an aerobic or exercise move to it. Every little thing helps. I'm almost down 30 lbs. (over 20 lbs lost on LDL) and when I think of the fat that has left my body it just amazes me. I still have 40 lbs. to go (ultimately I would like to lose another 50) but I will know when I reach the best place for me...and it isn't always what the scale says. While doing LDL along w/weight training...as I mentioned in an early post, I've weighed less than I am now...but I haven't been as thin. So who knows. One thing is for sure...each of our success will be measured differently and everyone here cheers us on!

Thank you everyone!
Cheryl