Supplements? - also not much lbs. lost yet.

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Bethann
Master Member

Supplements? - also not much lbs. lost yet.

Post by Bethann »

What about Supplements? Should I be recording them in my food journal? Could some of them make a difference in loosing weight or not? For example the essential sugars supplement. Do you recommend a daily multi-vitamin?

I have enjoyed LDL and feel that God has lead me to it! I finally see a couple lbs. lost this last 2 days though I have been doing LDL for the last month (but I had company and such (but still followed LDL) and wasn't getting my exercise in and out of normal routine). I read the book a lot (and take notes that I refer to) and am following it closely I believe. I am a detailed and intense personality! I am hoping I will see more loss in this next month.

I am so thankful LDL has helped me to cut down in fat intake, sugar and bread. I had cut down some before in my sugar and bread but in the past couldn't resist that chocolate bar when I went out and other temptations and was cutting down in bread but would go crazy for awhile every now and then. So far I am thankful that my cravings are less and I haven't had to have that chocolate and bread etc.

I usually loose weight easily and quickly at first but can't stick to a diet long term. I need to loose as I see it in my health. High blood pressure diagnosed summer of 08. Aches, pains, stomach acid etc. etc. I want to be around to help others. Also I want to set a good example to others in my family who are struggling with weight. I have prayed about this for a long time and feel like I have been doing research for a long time (with myself as the Guinea pig).  :) This is something that I am going to do for the rest of my life so if it takes longer at first to loose weight I don't mind. I have about 50 lbs. to loose.

Thank you for being here LDL and your support!
Love and blessings to you in Christ Jesus - Bethann  *love*  and have a GREAT day!  :)
Last edited by Bethann on October 3rd, 2009, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethann
Master Member

Re: Supplements? - also not much lbs. lost yet.

Post by Bethann »

Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated! Thank you!

I don't know what I am doing wrong!
We are all different so maybe for me it is just taking longer for some reason.
Well, I am sure I haven't done everything perfect because I am an imperfect person. I will try hard to correct what I can.

But I have eaten till I am full and have had no sugar, no bread etc., no potatoes, very very little skim milk and even less no-fat cheese and all the fruit etc. that I want.
Maybe I need to cut off coffee (I'm down to one cup most days) entirely but I don't know if I can handle that yet. Before this I only used Stevia and Xylitol. I have cut out Xylitol almost completely in the last month but I have started to take Splenda w/fiber in my coffee in the morning. I sometimes had molasses in my coffee buy I don't do that any more.

I have been journalling for the last weeks. I have read your book more then 3 times but I will read it again. I have been eating until I am full. I will keep trying and I am not going to give up. I think it has helped my cravings ... (thankful). I didn't feel tempted to take the desserts at the weddings I went to. But I haven't been exposed much to desserts/sugar up to this time.

I am hoping through this to get off some of my supplements because I believe that it is better to get your nutrition through food and there is something missing in the supplements that the food has. God designed us to eat food and not supplements. It doesn't seem right also because they cost so much money. I want nutrition that can help my whole family! That's one of the reasons I love the idea of LDL because my whole family can benefit from it!  *love*

I'd like to know more about the Science and research behind LDL!
I am so impressed how God lead you in this way of eating!
I take these essential sugars (powder made from Aloe Vera Extract etc.). The research on Glyconutrients (essential healing sugars) has won a Nobel Prize and has been developed into supplements AND I know this is one of the reasons that people receive healing when they are doing LDL and other healthy eating programs because they are taking in more of glyconutrients or whatever that God designed for healing for our bodies.

I have been wanting to harvest weeds as well because my Dad was interested in them and he did so well with his health. He always ate the weed Lamb's Quarters. Recently I have read that it is one of the most healthy plants you can eat. Weeds have more nutrition then garden vegetables is what I have discovered through my reading. All this because I do not want to have to depend on expensive supplements.

Your busy and my apologies for this long posting!

Thanks again! I will keep at it!
Blessings!
Bethann
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I don't have the red book but I do have the blue book plus the additions.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

bethann, you have to write down exactly what you're eating and how much and when.....
it IS possible that some of the supplements you're taking contain sugars(even if they're healthy)..
also, if you're not a person who retains a lot of fluid, you won't have that dramatic loss in the beginning....... 
let's start out by your writing everything out that you've been eating....have you gone off in that month(not followed let's do lunch strictly)?
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Niki,
Thanks for your reply!
I just finished a long reply but some how it didn't post.

-(discussing the sugars and that is true but I have not felt as well with out taking the Ambrotose Glyconutritional Dietary Supplement (immune support Formula) in the past year or so it has helped me with my health and when I have stopped taking it I have missed it but I am hoping to get off it as LDL is a healing way to eat). It doesn't taste sweet though. Here are the ingredients: Arabinogalactan (from Larix spp. wood) Rice Starch, Aloe vera Extract (inner leaf gel), Ghattie Gum, Glucosamine HCL (from Shrimp, Tragacanth Gum.) It has the glyconutient research behind it (Nobel prize winning). They took this research and made this product. (I see now it has rice starch in it - I don't like that). I am getting their newer product and I hope it doesn't have that in it.) I only take about a tablespoon a day of it though.

Please feel free to look at my journal that I have been keeping for the last weeks! (I started yesterday? following advise of making it more detailed - I am very busy but I will do the best that I can. I appreciate any help I can receive). I thought though that amounts didn't matter just as long as one got full and ate LDL foods but that's okay I will list everything.  :)

Thank you so much!

In appreciation!  :rose:

Bethann
Last edited by Bethann on October 3rd, 2009, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poppie

Post by Poppie »

Hi y'all,
I heard about this eating plan from a friend (long distance) and I started what she explained.  I can't afford to spend on the book at this point.  Can you explain the basics of the plan for me.  I need help.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Hi Poppie,

I haven't been on the plan long but I am enjoying it and would like to encourage you.

The Let's Do Lunch site here is wonderful and very educational! I haven't figured out how to put in links yet but I know if you travel around the Let's Do Lunch Site you will find all the help you need.

If you start a new post asking questions the people on here are caring and attentive and will help you.

I am sorry I can't be of more help as I have not been a member very long.

God bless you!

Bethann
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you so much for your reply Roger!

I like what you said about liquid nutrients! Some of my friends are on a liquid supplement that has helped them because they claims our bodies absorb the nutrients better if it taken in as liquid. But I would rather try LDL because I feel that God gave us these wonderful foods. This is His ideal idea to get our nutrients through food!  :)

I am very busy but I will do my best to follow advise given!

Thanks again!
Blessings to you and your family!