Beans and gas

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
KathyPrulhiere

Beans and gas

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

:blush: Is it true that after awhile the gas goes away?  How long??

Kathy
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Beans and gas

Post by VickiLynn »

Kathy,

If you are using canned beans, rinse them until all the foam goes away.  This method helps a lot to keep the gas down.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Kathy,

Taking a probiotic supplement will help eliminate bloating (gas) and other GI issues that you may have starting LDL. It's a much healthier alternative to Beano and other anti-gas products.

CQ
KathyPrulhiere

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Thanks guys, I've told a couple of people about LDL but the bean issue has taken away their interest. I'm so happy about the results so far that I will wait this problem out. :blush:

Kathy
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

The gas does go away.  It did for me except when I eat butter beans.  No matter what I try they gas me as well at onions if I eat to many of them. 
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Well......just look at it this way......for every toot.....there goes more weight ...  YaHOOOO!!!!    ;D
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

jjelli  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Probiotics worked for me also. The gas is caused from an overgrowth of yeast in the GI tract. The reason it goes away eventually on this WOE is because you have cut out the sugar (which yeast thrives on) and you are flusing it out with all the fiber in the beans and whole fruits and veggies. DH loves pinto beans but I could not eat them because of the gas and cramping that went along with it. So I just omitted the beans and ate all the other high glycemic foods that 'agreed' with me  *woot* Wrong!!! So if you want to get over the gas quicker, try the probiotics. You will certainly be alot more comfortable with beans until the natural process kicks in.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Linda,

Thanks for the information on using probiotics, but I don't know what they are.  Can you by this over the counter?  If so, do you know what some of the brand names are?  This information would be helpful for my daughter-in-law who after two days on LDL said she couldn't continue because of the problem she was having with her bowels (diarrhea).
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

VickiLynn, this will explain what they are.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=8125.0

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You can get them over the counter although there will be a better selection at a health food store. I personally like Dr. Becker's BioNutrients Probiotic Plus FOS because it does not need refrigeration and the tablets can be crushed and sprinkled on baby food (we used it for the grandbabies who would get very gassy on formula and milk). The Health Foos Store also have a chewable form that is similar to Tum. DH is taking those. Give them to granskids once they got teeth and could chew. It is just trial to find what works for you. All of them are good and choices are personal preferences. There are many other brands I have used especially when they were on sale! Hope this helps.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...