roasted artichoke hearts

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
malmq

roasted artichoke hearts

Post by malmq »

I have been reading about roasting/toasting crunchy garbanzo beans so I thought, why not try this with quartered artichoke hearts!
So while my beans are drying, I have a pot of hearts on the stove.    I drained and dried the hearts and tossed them w/ a small amount of olive oil and sprinkled a small amount of ff parm. cheese to coat.
They are on the stove as we speak, so I will post the recipe in the snack section if they turn out as I'm hoping they will :-)
Mo
malmq

Re: roasted artichoke hearts

Post by malmq »

OH YEAH !!!!   That's what I'm talkin' about !!!!
I toasted them on the stove top to get them browned but decided to add them to my garbanzo beans, which is a good thing I had any left to toast!, and put them in the oven @ 400 degrees to take the rest of the moisture out of the hearts.   It didn't take long so I was glad I was watching my beans.   I ended up putting the beans on the highest shelf cuz they were toasting a little too fast.    
I'm glad I tried these both cuz they are coming w/ me to our Packer game party tom. .........   yeah, I know,  what's up w/ the Pack?????
My buzzers going off and my Pizza soup needs a good stirring so I'm off..............

Ok, day two..........  the hearts were good right out of the oven, but not so much the next day so I put them in my morning omelet.    Now that was really good  :D
Last edited by malmq on November 15th, 2009, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

OOOh, A Packer game.  They are so much fun.  I miss my Packers--just not the cold weather.  I need a new smaller jersey to wear.  I guess I'll go looking for one when up there in Packer land next week.

RB Kayaking
malmq

Post by malmq »

WOW !!!    that game yesterday was AWESOME !!!  They sure needed that kind of a victory :thumbsup: