storing toasted garbanzo beans..?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
malmq

storing toasted garbanzo beans..?

Post by malmq »

I toasted  some garbanzo beans today but once they cooled and I put them into glass container, they became soft.  But they were good in my Pizza Soup :-)
How are you experts keeping them crunchy?
Thnx,  Mo
KathyPrulhiere

Re: storing toasted garbanzo beans..?

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Malmq
Don't think I'm an expert, but try baking them a little longer. Mine are like rocks and have been stored in a sealed container for several days. You can probably salvage the ones that got soft. Just put them back in the oven for a while longer. Watch closely, they can burn pretty quick.

Kathy
malmq

Post by malmq »

Thanks Kathy,
I'll definitely give it a try.....    Yeah, they weren't real crunchy when I took them out in the first place.    Next time I'll know better :-)
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

HIya, just curious, how do you toast garbonzo beans???  I assume you put them in the oven, but for how long and on what temperature?? ~jess~
KathyPrulhiere

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Hi Jess,
Just put them in a hot oven. I think I had mine up to smoke alarm level. (400) Stir every 10 minutes or so. They will put out some steam at first. 30 or 40 minutes should do it, but check often. At the end they can burn easily. Sometimes I take out the brown ones if their "friends" are lagging behind. :D

Kathy
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Thanks for the info!!
Linda1930
New, but learning

Post by Linda1930 »

Are the toasted garbanzo beans to be used as a snack if your hunger gets the best of you?
KathyPrulhiere

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Hi Linda,
I'm new, but my understanding is beans can be eaten any time.  I eat the roasted garbanzo beans whenever I can't get full with other things. I can eat a couple of handfuls and drink water. They are very good and satisfying. I carry them in my purse in a ziplock bag in case I'm delayed and can't get home to eat when I'm hungry. I don't want to be tempted to stop at Taco Bell. :bomb: The days I go to the gym I'm really ravenous and sometimes I can't go straight home to eat so I plan ahead with a LDL food.

Kathy