problem

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
lpomlove

problem

Post by lpomlove »

I am having a few problems and need to know if anyone else is.  If I eat just fruit (especially banana)  I feel nauseated and dizzy.  I have tried all diffrent things but banana's seem to be the main problem.  Also I just am STARVING in the morning. (first thing) and in the evening,  9pm or later?  I have hasimoto thyroids and hypoglycemia.  Any one with some help?
KathyPrulhiere

Re: problem

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Hi IPomLove,
I, too, have trouble with only fruit, especially at breakfast. I consider myself borderline hypoglycemia and try to always eat some kind of protein with my fruit. Bill's Mashed Potatoes are great made like a pancake for breakfast and so is the Egg McMuffin on Corn Thins. If I am really hungry in the evening, I make a BIG batch of popcorn in the microwave, spray it with butter spray and season with whatever seasoning I'm in the mood for.  My favorite is garlic and sea salt. One of our group has suggested stevia mixed with cinnamon if you want something sweet. Make a nice cup of decaf tea and eat till you drop the hunger pangs. If I'm still hungry, I munch some of my roasted garbanzo beans and have a handful--or two--frozen grapes.

This thing really works, I don't have any food frenzy problems anymore! I've only been on LDL for one month and I don't get hungry like I used to, (you know, wanting to eat anything in the house that wasn't nailed down or on someone else's plate.)  :D

Blessings,

Kathy
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

thanks Kathy, will file this for reminder.  and Mr. Wilson.  I do eat until I am stuffed at each meal, but are you saying I can eat "anytime " of the day for now?  Sorry just confussing to me..
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi Ipomlove,

With Hashimoto's Disease your body needs to have a high fiber diet so I would definitely take Niki's (The Bean Queen) advice and eat as many beans as you can. According to Niki you can never have too many beans in your diet.

Also, beans will stabilize your blood sugar whether you have hyperglycemia or, in your case, hypoglycemia. In the meantime, I'd definitely include some protein with your fruit to keep you from bottoming out until your body adjust to this way of eating.

CQ
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I don't do well without my beans for breakfast along with my fruit.  As for dinner I have my fruit along with a salad with black bean salsa on it.  Some days I eat beans at all three meals.  that is when I am doing the best at weight loss.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

thanks everyone, I'll sure put these to work.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have been on this way of eating for almost a month now and I am just in the last week eating just fruit for breakfast.  To begin with I had to have protein with my fruit so I ate refried beans heated and spread out on a plate with 2 fried eggs and 2 slices of ff chedder cheese.  I found this to work wonders for my day. ( I lost 14 lbs do this) When I started I was sooo hungry if I tried to eat only fruit I would get shakey and not feel well plus in an hour I was hungry and searching.  I really had a hard time thinking I would be able to eat less protein and more fruit with my medical problems but my body has worked it out.  I feel healthier and I haven't had a shakey dizzy spell since after probably the first week.    I make sure and eat my protein now at lunch and I eat enough to take me through the day.  Sometimes by dinner time I am not really hungry so I have a bag of popcorn or maybe a bowl of fruit.  Your body will tell you if what your eating is right for you.  There is so much variety on LDL if one thing doesn't work don't get discouraged because there is alot more to try. 
You will do great!
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

I have had no banana for 3 day, and that feeling has been gone.  So I will work that way for a while and see what happens ,  and also I have increased my beans.  and they have made me fuller longer.  Thanks all , Jessica
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I had the same problem with only fruit for lunch.  So I started eating the refried beans and eggs with a piece of fruit, that worked for me.  I am still hesitant to try a smoothie in the morning, I thought I might try one at night and see how it effects me.  Today I made the turkey soup that has lots of beans in it, it is delicious the best turkey soup I have ever eaten. 
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

I think it will be trial and error.  But I have faith I will find what works for my body.  And I keep my eye on that 100lb loss goal. :D