coffee cream

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Karen Weeks

coffee cream

Post by Karen Weeks »

*love* I LOVE 1/2 & 1/2 IN MY COFFEE. THE REAL STUFF. IS THAT BAD FOR ME/  IF SO, I CAN LEARN TO DRINK IT BLACK AGAIN. JUST CURIOUS.  ALSO, THIS IS CRAZY BUT CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A TICKER.  THANKS  MILLION FOR ALL THE HELP  LOVE TO ALL AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL WHO LOVE THEIR GOD SO MUCH THEY WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR BODY
Scotsgal

Re: coffee cream

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi Karen, What makes you think that having coffee black is OK?  Still full of caffeine
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Well, some of the creamers are totally fat-free, I think you could probably use a little of them, but check what other ingredients are in the mixture. I stick to 1% milk and put a splash in my coffee when I have to have coffee.

As far as the ticker goes, I figured it out, but it was trial and error. I can't even repeat how to do it. Some of the people on here will be able to help you. Keep your query at the top.
malmq

Post by malmq »

I, too, love cream in my coffee..... so I have been using "Silk" creamer found in the health dept. of most grocery stores.  It's a soy product and I have lost wt. switching to this instead of fat-free creamer.
Hope this helps.....
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

A lot of the fat free coffee creamers contain corn syrup or some other type of sugar. And if my memory is correct, Silk creamer contains maltodextrin.

Just use a little skim or low fat milk.

CQ
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Been having a hard time giving up my coffee with a little creamer and a tiny bit of stevia. I have lost 30#s so far but am stalled. Need a substitute if I am going to give it up. I work nights and it gives me the go power to work all night. I only drink 2 cups a day...... fortunately I guess,If I drink more than that my tummy really complains.
Any ideas on a substitute? Tea is OK for once in
awhile but don't like it that well.
Thanks,
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Not sure that little bit is causing your stall. It may just be your body is re-adjusting. I would wait it out and increase the whole fruit especially when you get sleepy at work. I am not a night person and I know what a struggle it is to stay awake at night on the job. Hang in there. I believe you will start to loose again after the re-adjust.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

hopefull,

There is no need to give up your coffee but I definitely wouldn't drink more than two cups.

If you've lost 30 pounds drinking coffee with a little cream then chances are that has nothing to do with your stall. We all hit a plateau sooner or later and that's probably what you are going through right now. Give it time and you'll start losing again.

CQ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hopefull wrote:Been having a hard time giving up my coffee with a little creamer and a tiny bit of stevia. I have lost 30#s so far but am stalled.

you're not stalled......just keep making good choices and all of a sudden, you'll wake up 5 pounds thinner..............i'm so glad you DIDN'T use the word "plateau"........i hate that word.................we're NOT climbing mountains here...we're changing eating habits to make better choices..............
i drink 3 mugs of coffee every morning.......i warm a small amount of 1% milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and i love the way my coffee tastes....i would NEVER tell anyone to give up their coffee..................
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Encouraging posts!  :rose:
Thanks!  :)
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Tea first, then coffee.

Measure how much cream you are adding to your coffee.  If it is just a tablespoon then two tablespoons aren't going to stall you.  If it's a 1/8th to 1/4 cup then you need to switch to lowfat or 1% milk.

RB Kayaking
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks so much for all the encouraging words. I will do just what you suggested and keep on with eating LDL. I still love this way of eating and am ever so amazed at that. There are so many choices I never get tired of planning what to eat. Yup I like that. My body is just readjusting!!!!!!