Meatballs

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Meatballs

Post by Gwennaford »

MissBizzyLizzy wrote:i looked up the brand!  i can almost guarantee that is national because i know the store brands of the places i shop.
http://www.swfinefoods.com/products.html

Hi Lizzy!  I looked up the site because I want to see if I can find them here.  I loved that you can link to the nutrition facts for each of their products, along with a close-up photo of the actual labels.  Beautiful pics of their food.  

BEWARE -- the STEWED Italian style tomatoes DO contain HFCS.  

I believe you must have the REDI-CUT Italian style tomatoes, which lists the ingredients as you mentioned.  These sound so good I really want to see if I can get them here.

Check out the recipe on the Green Chilies & Spices tomatoes:
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 23rd, 2010, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
tprouty
Master Member

Re: Meatballs

Post by tprouty »

I was at the store last night and looked for these tomatoes. Didn't buy any, but looked at several varieties for future reference. Yes, Gwen, the "stewed" tomatoes do have sugar, and the "Ready-cut" Italian tomatoes are sugar free. There are a number of S&W ready-cut tomato flavors that look delicious. But BE CAREFUL! Some of them DO have added sugar, so don't assume they are all good. Keep practicing your good habit of reading labels. There were several safe varieties that look absolutely delicious, though, and will be a fun flavor addition to lots of recipes.

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of these new possibilities, Lizzy!

Terri