Help!!! encouraging words needed

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Help!!! encouraging words needed

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sweet Rose, in the sample menu for a day on LDL, you are having animal protein two times, LDL sausage for breakfast and chicken for dinner. Roger, Is that okay?  I understood that animal protein was only once a day, so maybe the new book will give this as an option?  Maybe I've read the posts wrong.  Just want to be sure that what I'm telling people is correct.  Thanks, for this wonderful WOE.  :D Joyful Friend
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Joyful Friend, from what I understand in the new updated version, we can have any LDL foods at any time throughout the day. Roger made it clear that we're to eat whenever we are hungry. He said in another recent post that we could have meat at all of our meals if we want. We're to make sure, of course, that we choose the leanest meats possible.

Wow! :D

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I'm certainly glad that Sweet Rose posted the menu.  I am fine with meat once a day, and I have lost well, but at times, I would have maybe enjoyed a salad with a little animal protein.  I haven't read all the posts this summer-quite busy, but now  I know, the rest of the story has been told.  As Paul Harvey would say.  Thanks, Sweet Roe and Roger for the updated info.  I have been telling info wrong.  So many people don't have computers, but have the red book.  LDL Sausage  and eggs in the morning!!!  I'm at goal, so I don't have a problem, so I shouldn't gain.  I've done animal protein once a day for a year, and I really didn't miss not having it.  I love LDL WOE.  It's the greatest--No cravings, and no hunger, and a new body.  Thanks, Board Friends, I learn so much from reading your posts, whether I comment or not!  :thumbsup: *hug* :laughing:  Joyful Friend
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Joyful Friend, your name fits you to a T!

SweetRose
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I plan on sticking to the "once a day" at lunchtime for the animal protein. I don't miss it at the other meals and some times I have to remind myself that I haven't had any animal protein for a while. And I'm not a vegetarian...love a good steak.

Blessings
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, I like the once a day as well, but still good to know if we should want more at other times.  I love the veggies, and fruits that some days, my protein comes mostly from beans and corn.  Ollie, I like your picture so much--you look good in red.  Thanks, Sweet Rose for your comment.  *love*and  :D :D Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Not to start anything, but I'm just wondering who tested this new idea of having animal protein more than once a day?  I need to know a bit more about this, if I'm going to share this information with others.  It is not the way I lost my weight and I have believed not eating the complete protein at night was one of the key reasons why I did lose the weight and why this way of eating works so well.  I felt that it makes so much sense to not put something heavy like that on your stomach at night, when you aren't very active.  It's what set LDL apart from other ways of eating and what really caught my attention for it being different.  I know that Roger actually eats just one meal a day -- at a late lunch, most days.  He's shared this before.  That's why I'm surprised this is in the newest book.  I'm just confused by this -- like why was this changed?
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I like eating my main protein at lunch so it has time to digest.  I have ate chicken breast at night and still been down the next day but if I eat soup with beef in it I find I am up the next day.  So I think it will just be a once in a while thing to have protein at night.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I think it's a matter of choice. I personally like it the way it is now.........don't know why the change either.............WITHER
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Crick,

I'm thinking the weight gain the next day after the beef soup is because of sodium. If I eat soup in the evening I generally have a sodium gain the next day.

SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Roger, You said the new ldl book has become "Losing weigh your WAY" are you changing the Title of the book?    WITHER
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

SWEETROSE    :rose: 
If I eat soup in the evening I have always got a weight gain even before LDL. I never realized why. I just don't do it      WITHER
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

A good title would be: Let's Do Lunch......breakfast, dinner and snacks!

SweetRose
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I'm thinking that the color of the new book should be GREEN- like in GO!  :thumbsup:

SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Funny, I was asking my husband what color the new book would be. Then I said I think it should be Green...........So 2 votes for GREEN      SWEETROSE  :rose: WE MUST BE ON THE SAME  PAGE            WITHER
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 7th, 2010, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, since my favorite color is purple, I vote for purple grapes! But right now I like the red watermelon better than grapes, LOL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

SweetRose wrote:Crick,

I'm thinking the weight gain the next day after the beef soup is because of sodium. If I eat soup in the evening I generally have a sodium gain the next day.

then, eat fruit....or salad...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

crickadoodle wrote:Not to start anything, but I'm just wondering who tested this new idea of having animal protein more than once a day?  I need to know a bit more about this, if I'm going to share this information with others.  It is not the way I lost my weight and I have believed not eating the complete protein at night was one of the key reasons why I did lose the weight and why this way of eating works so well.  I felt that it makes so much sense to not put something heavy like that on your stomach at night, when you aren't very active.  It's what set LDL apart from other ways of eating and what really caught my attention for it being different. 

if i discuss let's do lunch with someone, i tell them what worked for ME......at the time i was first introduced to it, it was complete protein once a day(including eggs)....americans eat WAY too much protein and that's why kidney disease, obesity and so many other diseases are rampant in this country............
if someone said to me, "i could never eat protein only once a day,"i would THEN tell them they could choose to eat it more than once a day but i would suggest to them that they go online and investigate this subject of the consumption of too much protein and would tell them that for their health, they should make it one of their goals to eat protein once a day.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..