WHERE ARE YOU?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
SweetRose
Master Member

Re: WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Wither!

The island is kind of small but there are other people on it. He also owns a lot behind his cabin that also has a lovely lake view. I really want my SO to build a small cottage on the lot so I can keep my lovely things there. The original cabin is kind of small- about 1200 sq. feet. But will be beautiful when it's completely finished. There's
also a floating boathouse and numerous boats, including a pontoon boat. Oh, it's really lovely, this setting. But I'm not sure I want to live there full time! However, I'm really crazy  *love* about my SO so we'll have to see! Almost everyone says I'd hate living there all the time, but my SO says we can go outside in the winter. "Outside", meaning to the lower 48 where it's more tropical!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on July 29th, 2010, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sweet Rose,  I've always said I wanted to visit Alaska -- maybe an Alaskan cruise one day.  I did "see" Alaska from the plane when we went to Japan -- saw Russia too.  They were basically white -- it was in November.  :)  Sounds like a beautiful place to explore creation.  What an adventure it must be to live there.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

The pontoon boat sounds great to me....Maybe you could keep it as a vacation spot..........Anyway is it far from your job or would you have to find another...I think like your friends..sounds like a drastic life change to me............maybe you could do a trail run.....I could have lots of fun vacationing there.........don't think I could see it permanent..........It does sound very beautiful though....wither
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I live in California.  6 years ago we sold our home and move into the mountains on 3 and 1/2 acres with many beautiful Oak trees.  We have wonderful neighbors and we all help each other.  My dh and son grow a lot of produce that I enjoy and my son has a veggie stand on the highway to make a little extra money. I have always wanted to live up in the mountain on some land, my dream has come true. The weather is never too hot and in the winter we do have some snow but not alot.  We are located near Palm Springs.

I have 4 grown sons, 6 grandchildren and 6 great grand children. 
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I know exactly where Banning Ca. is. We pass go threw there on are way camping when we go to the mountains Since we changed Motorhomes we don't go to the mountains too often. Motorhome  too long..........We try to stay on flater grounds.
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

I live in TEXAS  :D its Very HOT in the summer! but it can go from sunny to storming in 1 day lol
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

OMGosh, Brittany. Your picture is beautiful!!!

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Where am I? I am inside with AC and fans running. It just hit 101 outside in full sun. Heat index is 110!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

barrypaxton wrote:OMGosh, Brittany. Your picture is beautiful!!!

Blessings,
Ollie

Thank you Ollie :)
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Brittany,

Your photo is lovely, of course, but the light in your eyes is what is the most compelling! 

Congratulations on losing 3 lbs already.  :thumbsup: It doesn't look like you could possibly lose another 35 lbs.  I don;t know where it could be hiding!  Anyway, you will find as most of us do- that LDL will take your body wherever it wishes to go.
Some of us find our goals adjusting along the way.

Julie :rose:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Julie, how much more do you want to loose?    Wither
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Wither which mountains to you go to.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Wither,

Have you ever been to the Trinity Alps...? :laughing:  That's what my sister calls them. That's where we stayed in California in June. We rented a cabin on the Trinity River.

CQ
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Patapples........I was mistaken we go thru Hemit on the way to Idyllwild ....VERY PRETTY THERE        WITHER
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

CQ, never been there.Is that in northern California?...wither
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Wither,

Yes, my biological father and his wife live in Weaverville...west of Redding. It was really pretty there...some of the mountains still had snow.

CQ
patns

Post by patns »

witheraway1 wrote:Sweetrose   :rose:
Is that cabin far out away from other people? JUST WANDERING IF THEIR ARE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE  ISLAND.......IS THERE ELECTRIC AND RUNNING WATER THERE? If there's not that's  going to take some real  love to move there..    :laughing:  ..I know it must be relaxing and pretty though.......Wither

SweetRose. we are "almost" neighbours. I am in Edmonton Alberta, lots of what you described about Anchorage sounds like here- especially the midnight sun. I walk in a national park. I don't have to worry about bears but unexpectedly came face to face with a enormous bull bison the other day. I took off running and he decided it was too hot to be bothered with me. I often see American license plates on cars in the parking spots there, mostly people on there way to and from Alaska.

Pat
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

I am in Salinas CA near Monterey
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Wither, I live in the Idyllwild mountains towards Banning but still in the mountains. 
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

The Idyliwild mountians are beauitful....you live in a dream place.we don't go there much anymore since we got the longer motorhome though. We tend to choose flater grounds. Wither