WHERE ARE YOU?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks everyone, You can see how full of life the boards used to be, so much fun then. It's good to go back and reread. Have a good day all!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I was glad to see a couple more responses recently on the Happy Birthday threads that  Linda RN so faithfully posts. I know she get up very early in the morning to put them up, so it's nice when people respond.

Thank you Linda! some roses for you :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Double that bouquet.  :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: !!! :)  JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Tres, My husband lived in oklahoma city all his life. He came out to California when he was 18 met me and never went back. He had a little girl friend living next door he was suppose to take out on a date when she was 16. Guess he broke her heart by not going back....but he met me...what can I SAY.  :thumbsup:
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Well I guess I will put in my two cents worth. I was born in Chappell, Nebraska. I moved to Lincoln Nebraska when I was 18 yrs old. (Go Big Red) I married my husband in Lincoln. we are  going on 48 yrs. and have three boys and a girl. We wanted a safer, more laid back area to finish rasing our family. We moved to a small town in eastern Nebraska called Beaver Crossing. Back in the day, the beavers were plentiful and a lot of trapping went on. The Big Blue River  is about a mile from our home.It used to be really wild and wooly I hear.
In 2005 we relocated to Lakewood Washington. Our daughters husband is in the military and he was often deployed to Iraq and now Afganistan. She had two small sons so we went there to fill in the gap. Then last year my husband decided to move back to Beaver Crossing. So now, here we are. Same house, same phone number and same longtime friends.
We have four seasons here and we really enjoy the autum colors as well as the new hope that spring brings.
Now if our daughter would move closer to home, it would be perfect!
Well, you now know more than you ever wanted to know, but I figure at my age, I am entitles to ramble. :rolleyes:

Linda Lee
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Glad to get to know you, Linda Lee!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Ramble on, Linda Lee
We enjoy the litlle details.
You have a lofty goal of loosing 143 lbs but already down 11 you are well on your way!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda Lee, nice to hear from you...Your little town of beaver crossing sounds interesting, do many people live there?

We would love to hear from more of you!
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Hello Wither,
Beaver Crossing has 460 really nice folks and 3 grouches. :D And no I am not one of them. Grouches, that is.
We are mostly a farming community. They raise seed corn and regular corn. Kids get to detassle the seed corn and we have a big influx of teens for about 4 weeks in the hot July month.
We have a bank, post office,beauty shop,gas station(one pump w/premium only) a co-op and a wonderful hardware store that attracts folks from all over.Yes, it is that good.
They just opened a youth center trying to reach out to the teens in the community.
When we first moved here we had 6 churches and 1 home church. We are now at 3 churches and 1 home church. But we don't have a bar :thumbsup: One church sayes they claimed that the walls would fall in just like the walls of Jericho and Shazaam, one night the thing just collapsed! Everyone got out safely.Now, that is the power of prayer! Well, my housework is waiting so best get busy. Have a blessed day.

Linda Lee
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda Lee.

I really enoyed reading about your little town. I take it everyone knows everyone, and probably their business  :laughing:  Thanks for sharing...
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

It is not what you see in Beaver Crossing, but what you hear that makes it so interesting. :shocked:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda Lee,
Are you the one that said there was no grocery store in your town? How far do you have to go to the store?. I go sometimes 3 times a week. Lots of stores here. And places to spend your money. My street I live on only has 6 houses on it, feels like you are living in the country. We only have one nosey neighbor, she works very hard at it. Keeps me busy staying away from her.
tres

Post by tres »

Linda Lee, your town sounds wonderful.  I'd love to be out in the middle of nowhere.

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda Lee and Tres how about a picture?
tres

Post by tres »

Well, I tried and tried using photo bucket and just couldn't get it on my profile.  My resident techie is going to look at it, but he's pretty busy.
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda RN WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP YOU WITH THAT, JUST ASK HER.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Open your picture in photobucket, RIGHT click on the picture and then click on Properties. In the Properties window, highlight the URL (starts with http and ends with jpeg - make sure you get all of it) then Right click on the highlighted URL address and click copy. Now go to your edit profile page and in the window that says i have my own picture, right clik and click on paste. Now be sure to scroll all the way down and click the button that says CHANGE PROFILE. That should do it!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

to Linda R.N., I can't get my picture out of Picas. Any suggestions?

Linda Lee