corn thins? wasa crackers?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
brittanynicole

corn thins? wasa crackers?

Post by brittanynicole »

so are these both LDL friendly eat as much as you want? and I can't seem to find them at my local walmart.
where can i get them? i need some kinda of bread material :tongue: ohh how i miss my breads :'( lol
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

JEM

Re: corn thins? wasa crackers?

Post by JEM »

I have found Real Food's Original Corn Thins on Whole Foods shelves, but I buy them from my health food store because I find them a beat cheaper than at whole foods.  Brittany, I used to eat bagels and danishes and rice all the time.  I'm Asian, so I grew up with rice.  You know what, since I came back to LDL (this is my 2nd time, long story) almost 1 month ago, I haven't had any cravings whatsoever for those things.  I'm doing so much better this time around because from my first round of LDL last year, I've really come to believe and feel how bad these things are for me.  I don't miss them at all.  In fact I can't believe how full I am with what I eat nowadays without the rice or the bread or the pasta.  The cravings will go away.  Load up on fruits and smoothies.  I put small red beans with my banana smoothies.  They taste awesome. No sugar needed if you have sweet ripe bananas.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

ok this must be a mistake..i dunno corn thins are 30$ its says??
are you serious??
lol
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Don't freak....that's for a case of corn thins...not just one package.

CQ
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

lol OHH!! haha ok! thats a good thing then! lol  :tongue: I live closer to houston...sanantonio is kinda far.

do cornthins taste like rice cakes?
are rice cakes approved?
BreeBree

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Rice cakes are not LDL approved.  Corn thins are just great.  :thumbsup: JF
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Corn thins are awesome as an egg sandwich, or with refried beans and salsa,  or with your tuna or chicken salad..lots of things to use them for!  I use the Wasa crackers as the crust for my little pizzas...  just put LDL friendly sauce and toppings with a bit of FF or RF cheese and pop in the toaster oven for a bit...I don't miss real pizza at all!  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Rainbow, I use corn thins the same way, really are delicious.What are the ingredients that use  for your Wasa pizzas sauce? i would like to try them too.
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Cameron, I just use Spaghetti sauce with no sugar added.  Ragu has a tomato/basil one.  Even my SO who just started LDL about 10 days ago would eat these with me  before he started LDL.  Who misses real pizza when you can be so creative with healthy pizza!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thanks Rainbow, I'll be trying those for sure.                          ck
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

If your local stores stock Classico brand pasta sauce, there are several varieties that have no added sugar. Be sure to check the ingredients, though. I thought all the tomato-based ones would be safe, but found sugar in a couple of them.

Mmmm! Corn Thin or Wasa pizza!  :kissed:

Terri
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Unfortunately most of the spaghetti sauces have added sugar.  I had held off on using any until the other day when the Ragu No sugar added finally showed up at my Walmart.  Talk about a happy girl..lol..  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hunt's used to have a canned spaghetti sauce without sugar, but seems like the last time I checked I could not find any that did not have sugar. I don't need the sugar in my sauce, thank you, I like my spaghetti sauce tart and spicy. But the sugar keeps people addicted and coming back for more.....ugggh marketing ploys playing with our health!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

cameron wrote:Rainbow, I use corn thins the same way, really are delicious.What are the ingredients that use  for your Wasa pizzas sauce? i would like to try them too.

i make homemade pizza for my family with dough i make myself.....try using crushed tomatoes...it cooks on the pizza....just add oregano and pepper....some crushed tomatoes are courser than others....i used to like the tutoroso tomatoes for pizza for my family because they don't like the little pieces of tomato....
you guys have to branch out when it comes to sauce....look for the recipe i posted for sauce the way my friend's mother used to make it...once my kids ate THAT, they wouldn't eat mine....so, i had to change the way i made my sauce...the most expensive jarred sauce has the least amount of ingredients....just make your own..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

RT, is this recipe in the recipe section?  Mary, REALLY, you found Cornthins at H-E-B Plus?!.....that's great!
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

RT,
I understand....hardly ever use my ovens at all, but I still think this would be good for the recipe section.

Blessings,
Julie (who is on her BB or she would cut/paste it herself)