rate of weight loss

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: rate of weight loss

Post by crickadoodle »

Actually, when you lose your weight, you could eat mac and cheese and get right back on, but you probably won't find that it does for you what it used to do.  Most of what you get from it and the way you are crazy about it is tied up in the fact that you crave it.  That is being broken by eating this way.  I've eaten a few things that I used to love, and, yes, it tastes good, but not as good as I remember it.  The hold it had on me has been broken.  Once you are free, you don't ever want to be a slave to food again.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Roger, I agree with you 100%.  why tempt it?  I have recently realized that for some reason, to get some people more open to trying LDL, it helps them to know that one day, if they want to, they can have whatever their favorite food is.  We know that actually they can eat it again, if they want.  No one is controlling them and what they eat, but the chances are that they won't really want to eat it as much as they used to.  When you see the trade off of such good tasting food that is also healthy and slimming  or  good tasting food that will get you back into bondage to food and make you fat again, hopefully you'll make the wisest choice.  If not, it surely is easy to get back on the LDL plan! 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I've gotten off the train a couple of times by eating things at work that I knew wasn't LDL approved but convenient (sometimes we caught up in meetings and can't leave). I really don't enjoy them anymore...In fact, I threw away a po-boy that was so greasy that I thought that I was going to lose my cookies. I use to love the Cajun dishes from NOLA's down the street but I just can't handle them anymore....and I'm Cajun....there must be help for me, yet. ;)

Now, my boss makes sure that I have a huge salad with blackened chicken (dressing on the side) waiting for me...he can be very sweet when he wants to be...I just wish he'd give me a raise.. :D Or, at least, send me on a nice cruise to the Mediterranean for three weeks like the one he went on last year. :thumbsup:

CQ
TonsAfun

Post by TonsAfun »

Welp...Weigh Day was Monday.  That is a full 14 days on the LDL Li"v"et.  I LOST 7 LBS!!!  I kow that won't be the norm as I get closer and closer to my new self, but for right now, I'm faaa-lipppen ecstatic!  Thank you all for your support!!!

By the way...are the new McDonald's Fruit Smoothies ok?  I hear they have yogurt in them and am not sure if they would be an "acceptable" item.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

TonsAFun,

Congrats on a super two week weight loss  :stop:

McDonald's fruit smoothies were discussed previously and I am giving you the link that will show you why you should not be fooled by their commercials.

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9640.0
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yeah!!!  7 pounds discarded forever.  Life is good :rose:!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I don't think they are OK.  I believe there is a thread asking about them somewhere -- it's called "Fruit Smoothie Alert.".  Here is a link to it:

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9654.0

You know, when I was losing my weight I thought like you do about the rate of the weight I was losing, but that honestly didn't happen for me.  I pretty much steadily lost 2-3 lbs. a week.  Now, when I still lost below the goal I'd set and I was really already in the low end of the normal BMI range I might have slowed down -- but it was really because I was already a great weight.  Even now, if I'm off plan a little -  travelling or whatever -- and I get back full fledged on the program, I can lose like 5 or 6 lbs. in a day.  I think travelling affects me that way.  Not moving around and being in the car makes me retain fluid.  Anyway, I've never had a problem with the rate at which I lose for the most part.  I did it the LDL Pure way that Julie is talking about on the thread LDL Pure -- Restart.  I also exercised everyday with walking and also weight training (2-3 times a week).  I reinjured myself a few weeks ago and have had to stop with exercise for a few weeks.  Hoping I can get back to it soon.  Exercise is such a stress reliever and I miss it.  (Never thought I'd say that a couple of years ago!)
TonsAfun

TonsA Fun Update

Post by TonsAfun »

Day 19 .....down 11 lbs, Baby!!!!!!
*love*

so happy...so happy...Thank you LDL! and all the supportive members!!!

Ya'll Rock!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations!! You're on your way now!!!

Keep on keeping on!!!

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Wow! Tons you are doing great!
Welcome to this wonderful woe.

You are doing it!!!!!!

I loose weight slowly, but was able to loose at a steady pace. I have reached below my original goal! Yeahhhhh.
While I was loosing I lost 2-6#'s a month. So you are really doing great in my book.

Keep it up.
hugs,
Bobbi