Something missing on my LDL home page

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
julie409
Master Member

Something missing on my LDL home page

Post by julie409 »

When I logged on to the site today - I noticed that the box at the top of the page is missing - it's the one that allows me to click and see who responded to topics I have posted on and who posted new topics since my last log in.  I no longer have that option.  Are any of you experiencing this?  Is it just me? :wrong:

Can anyone help me to get it back?  WAH! :'(

Julie :rose:
niki
Administrator

Re: Something missing on my LDL home page

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote: Without a doubt, though, my absolute favorite link that I have saved in my favorites is one that Niki (or actually her son) shared with us. Copy & paste it and then Save it!  It's  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ion=recent

AND, after my son set up my new computer a couple of years ago, i DRAGGED out the old one and connected it to get this link....so, the more people that use it, the happier i am.....every so often, i post it for the newbies.....it makes checking the boards so much easier...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Mine is gone - how do I get that back.

BTW - that link is terrific. Thanks Mary and Niki.

Julie :rose:
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

marysimmons wrote:You mean the thing that looks like this on the top of the page???

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

It's still there on my page!

Still on mine too!  Mary, I booked marked this thread to keep your link -- works great!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

It is not the web site since my page is just fine both at home and at work. Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work you may need to delete temporary internet files and defrag the hard drive. That will usually do it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

HaHaHa, Mary ;D
I know enough computer stuff to probably be dangerous. I was completely computer illiterate in 1997 when someone showed me the backspace key. I thought I was in heaven! *love*
I bought a computer late 97 then spent hours on the phone with tech support (thank God for Gateway) because I would go off deleting those Icons that I thought was slowing the computer down.  :thumbdown:
I then learned I needed a computer tech at home, so sent daughter to school. Then she went off and got a job, so I decided to go to school myself. I took several classes at VoTech, and basically learned to completely take a computer apart and put it back together. Probably been 10 years since I had a class and alot is changing. Need to take some more classes, but alas....I just keep on working.
Need to take some programing classes and web site too!  :wacko:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Ahhhh...the backspace key....now the "undo" symbol on Word is my favorite...lol    If only life were like that, or cheating on LDL!! 

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

Mary . . . this is my first message online, and yours was the only topic vaguely related, so I hope you don't mind my question here!?!

Will I need to use a DIFFERENT Name & password for each media type, i.e. smartphone, laptop, etc. ???

The LDL cookie only grabbed my home computer, and I don't know how to include my other media without having different names, etc. 

Frankly, my memory isn't good enough to remember all the numbers and it's frustrating to have to look them up every time I want to log on - especially if I'm not at home where I keep them written  :wacko: .

Did this make sense . . . I hope so . . . if not, please let me know!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Hi Exodus,
When I got my IPhone, I synced it with my computer. I had the LDL site in my favorites on my computer. Syncing put it in my favorites on the phone. I had to log in the first time I went there on the phone. Have not had to loggin since.

Hope this helps.

So tell us a little bit about you. How long have you been doing LDL? How much weight are you wanting to lose?

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I use the same log in and password on my phone and on my computer at work. You can select log in forever and as long as you don't delete the cookies you will be logged in each time you click the link.

Hmmmmmm.......deleting cookies, deleting files........YES  :thumbsup:
DELETING POUNDS AND INCHES! ;D
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I think there's a slogan in there somewhere, Linda!  Pam