Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member

Hi,
Im Cindy and I just found Rogers book and read it totally by accident. There must have been a higher power working here. I was researching corn thins and saw the add for Rogers book! Not sure if it is blue or red since I bought the kindle version! I like the program sounds very healthy and from numerous research I understand the role that stabilizing your blood sugar plays with food cravings. I just started yesterday and I do feel better. I do have to have yogurt since I have a calcium deficiency. Hopefully it wont slow my progress. I have a long way to go but this program feels right!
Peace,
Cindy :thumbsup:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Member

Hi Cindy Welcome to LDL
You will love this way of eating and you will see immediate results.  Just remember to eat until full all the LDL approved foods.  Within a short period all cravings should be gone and your body will be so satisfied.
Make sure and ask any questions on these boards and you will find a wonderful support group to help out.

Hi Cindy, and welcome! Will your doctor allow you to take Tums for your calcium supplement? Please start on Let's Do Lunch, after getting your doctor's approval, by doing the following:

The evolving science of Let's Do Lunch now says that you can eat all the acceptable heavy proteins you want (including lean red meat) whenever you want them, all the unprocessed starchy carbs you want (except for potatoes) whenever you want them, all the sweet fresh fruits & veggies you want whenever you want them and all the acceptable soups & salads you want whenever you want them…and still lose all the weight you want!

All the different beans, lentils, corn, popcorn, corn thins, peas, carrots and sweet fresh fruits (unprocessed starchy & sweet carbs) are harder to digest than processed starchy and sweet carbs, and therefore they stabilize your blood sugar...forcing you to become less hungry and start eating less. And because your body can't tell the difference, when you eat unprocessed starchy and sweet carbs it eliminates your cravings for the processed starchy and sweet carbs.

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Roger,
Is it okay to chew Tums for calcium on LDL?  I used to alway take Tums but I figured it wouldn't be permitted because I think they have some sugar.  I would love to go back to chewing Tums.  I always forget to take the OsCal and I can't swallow them without cutting them up four ways.

jencita,

I'm not Roger but you might want to consider the following information before taking Tums.

Gastroenterologists generally do not prescribe calcium carbonate-containing antacids such as Tums or Rolaids. The reason for this is a phenomenon called acid-rebound. Calcium carbonate-containing antacids, unlike other over-the-counter antacids, stimulate the release of gastrin from the distal stomach and duodenum. Gastrin is the hormone primarily responsible for the stimulation of acid secretion by the stomach. After the direct acid-neutralizing effects of the calcium carbonate are exhausted, the secretion of acid rebounds due to the release of gastrin, and there is an overproduction of acid. Theoretically, this is not good for the stomach and duodenum.

Over time the acid-rebound goes on to produce what is called GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. This will often lead to Barrett's esophagus which basically is a precancerous condition.

CQ

Hi  Cindy! And welcome to the boards.

DH used Tums all the time before LDL and ate alot of them. There is 3 grams of sugar in 2 tabs for only 800mg of calcium.
He kinda figured he was getting to much sugar and bought the sugar-free Tums. Thank God for LDL he doesn't need them now.

Welcome, mroszczak1
I believe God led you here as he has done for many of us.
The deal with the dairy is it has more calories than most of the other foods on LDL.
This is just my personal advise, I would continue the yogurt in only the prescribed amount.
After being on LDL for a few months make an evaluation.
Are you loosing at an acceptable rate.
If you are, continue on with LDL.
If not, have your calcium levels checked.
If all is well, then wean or stop the yogurt and fill up on the other calcium rich foods.
Most have found this WOE to be very close to the Manufacturer's Handbook and that all your systems tend to normalize.
Pay attention to your body and continue to ask questions. You are on the right track.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Hi Cindy and Welcome to LDL,

I don't absorb supplements very well so I use nonfat Greek yogurt in my fruit smoothies and it hasn't affected my weight loss.

I also try to incorporate as many calcium rich foods as I can...e.g. salmon, white beans, navy beans, black turtle beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, turnip greens, Chinese cabbage/bok choy, okra, kale, mustard greens, broccoli, Chinese broccoli, rutabaga, sea cucumber and seaweed.

I'm sure I've left quite a few out of the list but you should have no problem meeting your daily requirement with all the recipes you'll find on the boards using the above food items.

LINDA RN,

If I remember correctly, you said that your DH was a Type O blood type. They have a tendency to produce more gastrin than any other type. That's why they have a higher rate of GERD and Peptic Ulcer Disease. The LDL program is the best thing for it. As Niki and I said before, LDL is an alkaline forming diet and helps eliminate those type of problems.

CQ

Thanks for the info CQ and LindaRN - No Tums for me.
Cindy,
Welcome to LDL! It has been the best eating plan for me.  I also struggle with low Calcium levels.  I used to eat yogurt daily before LDL.  Once I lose the weight I want to I plan on adding the yogurt back into my diet.  CQ mentions some great foods high in calcium.  I also take OsCal daily.  These boards are a great resource, filled with very supportive people and I count on daily!!

Hi Everyone!
TY for all the welcomes and info the more the better! I cant do the tums instead of my supplements due to my knees and calcium deficiency. I'm including lots of calcium rich foods! And I love the wide variety of choices! I not a big potato person but I cant wait to try some of the substitute recipes for potatoes! I do like pats in limited amounts. Is low carb pasta ok or is egg noodles the preferred. I don't eat it often so it really shouldn't be a problem! Also I tried to order the recipe cards and had a problem with the link as well as posting a picture. The only on it took was a 30 year old one it kept rejecting the digital ones!  lol
Peace to all!
Cindy

Well Cindy, I would be most happy to help you with your picture. Send me the one you want and I will make it the acceptable size. Remember you have to post comments 10 times before you can post it to your profile. Keep chatting and we will git er done

CQ, DH is type A. I am type O. Weird because he had the gastritis and I never did...
except when pregnant. LDL cured it.

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Was he diagnosed with atrophic gastritis? That's common among Type A blood types.

I never had problems, either until I got pregnant. My oldest kept kicking the tar out of me and now I have a hiatal hernia because of it. LDL has helped me tremendously.

CQ

CQ,
He never had a GI work-up. Just took Tums and Zantac.
Never had to use the Zantac after a few months of Probiotics.
No antiacids at all after LDL.

Now, if we can just get EVERYONE on LDL. :thumbsup:

CQ

If that happened there actually might be enough healthcare providers to take care of any issues that LDL doesn't "cure".
Suddenly health care could really be affordable.

CQ and Linda you are so right!    :thumbsup:    I wish everyone would LDL.  I was thinking about this today.  So many people (I use to be one of them) want the quick fix to lose weight and might lose the weight but for the most part what I see is they lose their health along the way (they may have some improvement but not like I see with LDL).  My DH and I are doing so well on this and feeling better than we have felt in years.  Our appetites are decreasing which I never thought would be possible and we aren't trying to decrease the amount of LDL foods we are eating but are only eating 1/2 to 1/3 of what we previously would eat for a meal.  LDL is the healthy way to lose weight.

:thumbsup:

welcome cindy glad you decided to give this woe a chance...It's the best.I lost 35 pds 3 yrs ago and back again to drop some pds I gained...If I would eat normal but no......Ask question lot new people but still a great support group...

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Cindy, we haven't heard from you for quite awhile, how are you doing?