Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another new member :-)

I can't remember how I found the book, actually, but I bought it on Amazon and I've been reading it and thinking about it for several weeks.  I am a teacher and I waited until school was out and now I'm ready to take the plunge. 

I am 48 and I currently weigh 214 pounds.  I had a huge jump in my weight this winter from 196 to my current weight, possibly because of hypothyroidism.  I am currently on Armour thyroid and it has helped a lot with many issues I've been having.  I am on a low dose of Ziac for high blood pressure, but my blood pressure has been well controlled now that I've been on the thyroid med.  I also have GERD and am just controlling it with natural means--apples, apple cider vinegar, pickle juice--just depending on where I am and what I have on hand.  I am also insulin resistant, which I am concerned about, although I'm not diabetic yet. 

I have felt like such a failure because I just can't control myself when it comes to food.  I crave chocolate from the moment I wake up, and also carbs--pizza, etc.  My waist has been kind of large for a long time, but when I gained the weight this winter, it ALL seemed to be in my waist--my waist is HUMUNGOUS now.  It's horrible.  I'll be on a diet for a day or 2 and I just quit because the cravings are so bad.  Not that I'm hungry--sometimes I feel stuffed, but I'll still crave high-sugar, high-fat foods. 

I am introducing myself so that I make the commitment to myself to start tomorrow and I really want to be healthier.  My father died young of a heart attack and my half-brothers (same father)--two of them have died in their early 40s from heart attacks as well.  I have mitral valve prolapse and an irregular heartbeat because of it, but I've had stress tests and such and so far I appear to be okay. 

Does everyone just eat fruit for breakfast, like the book says?  And how do I make the ticker for how much weight I need to lose, as some of you have on your signature?

Profile Send private message  

Welcome to LDL
I eat alot of fruit for breakfast.  But I also eat whatever of the LDL foods sound good like refried beans heated w/ cheese and put on corn thins.
I love eggs and make lots of different dishes.  I have also in the winter months been known to eat taco or pizza soup as my morning meal.

Look through all the wonderful recipes on the boards and you will find alot of foods that are good any time of the day.

Make sure to eat until full and in a short time all cravings will disappear.  Eat lots and lots of fruit for you chocolate cravings.  I was a sugaraholic when I started LDL and now crave fruit not sugar. 

Welcome Megara7,
Swearing off the grains will definitely help with the insulin resistance. Not eating any wheat, oats rye or rice will show a dramatic reduction in your waist (and remarkably your thighs). You will notice the GERD disappearing and eventually the cravings do go away.
I was a bad chocoholic also. But before LDL I became a label reader, and found most chocolates contained High Fructose Corn Syrup. I had also heard dark chocolate was good for you (not good for weightloss however because of the high fat content), so I had begun buying Lyndt 85% dark chocolate. After starting LDL I continued to have sweet and chocolate cravings, especially at night. When those cravings were not satisfied with fruit, I would have a square or 2 of the Lyndt dark chocolate. After 3 or 4 months, the chocolate cravings went away and now I find myself really craving fruit. The longer you committ to this WOE (way of eating) the more you will truely crave the healthy whole food. And what Crickadoodle says, Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels will become a reality to you. You can do this and you will find like many others, it is the only plan that really works.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Welcome Megara! You are going to LOVE Let's Do Lunch!

Please get your doctor's approval before starting on our program, but that said:

1. I'm sure that one or more of our "hypothyroid members" will get back to you with suggestions

2. Please read the following, which will be incorporated into the next printing of the book:

The ONLY Way to Start Let’s Do Lunch:

To begin with, when you get up each morning, eat Until Full ANY Let’s Do Lunch foods and/or recipes (including heavy proteins) that are appealing to you…and continue to do this every time you become hungry.
(When doing this, you must realize that fruits are the ONLY answer for a sweet tooth!)

Then, when all your cravings are gone (including your hunger), start following what the book says.

3. You have been eating when you felt full "because your blood sugar was spiked"...which FORCED you to become hungry again, even though you DID feel full.

4. With your doctor's approval, you need to eat the sweetest fresh fruits and fruit smoothies each and every day until you are full, whenever you are hungry!...in fact, until you can't stand the sight of anything sweet!...and you need to do this until your body starts to crave fruits and fruit smoothies INSTEAD of chocolate!

5. Let's Do Lunch should be called the HIGH-CARB DIET...because it is chock full of carbs, albeit UNPROCESSED CARBS!...e.g., all the different fruits, all the different beans, lentils, corn, popcorn, corn thins, peas, carrots, dry-roasted soynuts, edamames, dry-roasted edamames, etc....and when you CONTINUE to eat all these different UNPROCESSED CARBS it WILL eliminate your cravings for all the fattening carbs (both sweet & starchy) you have been eating in the past!

6. Eat Let's Do Lunch foods and/or recipes like Little Mary's Pizza Soup, to eliminate your cravings for pizza!

7. Eating the Let's Do Lunch way WILL STABILIZE your blood sugar, which will FORCE you to become less and less hungry as each day goes by! Thus, you will begin to "just naturally" start eating less and less...WITHOUT DOING PORTION CONTROL!

8. I'm sure one of our members will explain to you how to make your "weight-loss ticker".

God bless, enjoy, and keep us posted as to your progress.

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Megara- You are in good company here.  We can all identify with your out of control weigh gain, your feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, your frustration, embarrassment, and, frankly, fear and disgust!
This way of eating has been a miracle to me.  As you begin, eat as much of all the allowed foods whenever you need to until you are satisfied.  Once your cravings are under control (eliminated) you will find your food intake falling into a pattern.  For many of us that is a pattern of a later breakfast, a later lunch (our bigger, more traditional meal) and a snack-like dinner.

Breakfast- generous serving of fruits, occasionally egg dishes
Lunch- meat, vegetables, beans, potato if desired.  There are so many great recipes to try out that it will take you a year just to try out the ones that sound good.  Many of us make up soups and casseroles in quantity and eat it for a couple days, or freeze leftovers for busy days. Fruit if desired.
Dinner- fruit, popcorn (I enjoy it with cinnamon and sweetener), vegetables- salad, dipped in hummus, or cooked, or meatless soups.

It all sounds difficult now, but it truly is easy and freeing.  The food addictions will be conquered in only a short time if you do not give into the cravings.  Avoid added sugar like the plague.  It will just start the vicious cycle of cravings, indulging, disgust.

I had such a love-hate relationship with food that we ate out a great deal, ate convenience foods, or my husband fixed us something to eat.  Now, I enjoy preparing beautiful, whole, nourishing foods.  It truly is a miracle!!!!!  My blood pressure medication has been cut in half and, since I began LDL over 2 years ago I have needed to take an antacid less than half a dozen times.  I have also lost 60 pounds and am no longer an obese woman!!!

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch.  Post often.  These boards have been my lifeline.  Please let us know how we can help you!   Pam

Last edited by MsHeirloom on , edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the supportive messages.  I definitely need a support network!  My doctor is fine with me eating a healthy diet, which this would be.  I can eat fruits, that's not a problem.  I just hope it really solves the craving issue, which you all suggest it does.  It's why I can't stay with any diet, up till now. 

I found the ticker thing, so I'm hoping it posts when I post this message.  We'll see!

I see it.  Congratulations for having the courage to change.  Welcome to a very exciting ride!!!  Pam

Megara,
      A great big welcome to you. So glad you found Let's Do Lunch. You will find that this is the best thing EVER!
And if support is what you want and need then you came to the right place. These boards have been a life saver for me.
You can do this. Once you start I think you will find that it is really a very easy plan to follow.
                                                                                Blessings to you,
                                                                                          Char

Megara,
If you will hang in with LDL this summer, I would be willing to bet you will be down at least one clothes size before school start back in the fall. After about 6 months on the plan they will be wondering if you had gastric surgery! Read and reread the book and the boards to absorb as much info as you can because once your transformation becomes obvious, they will ask how you did it! It is such a great feeling and LDL is so liberating from the old obcession of food!

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Thanks, Linda.  I just posted under a new topic, but I will mention again--I just found out I AM gluten sensitive.  Got the test results today.  This will probably make it easier to stick to the diet.  :-/

Welcome Megara!  I haven't been on these boards for awhile, no time and crazy life.  LOL  I do read them as much as possible which is really helpful and you will find a great group of people!

I understand what you are going through.  I too, am hypothyroid and have insulin issues.  It does make things a little bit more challenging but the more discipline you are the better you will do.  Don't beat yourself up when you feel you didn't make it.  Forgive yourself and pull yourself right back up by your bootstraps and you will be just fine.  You will still be ahead! 

Check out this site too stopthethyroidmadness.com.  I have been on this protocol and it has helped.  You might have to find the right doctor to work with you.  I recently have had to be on corticosteroids and a stronger one which when I ate fruit (which I love this way of eating with LDL) but could not as I had the side effects which is hyperglycemia and it almost put me in the hospital being in an out of it state until I could figure out what was going on.

I am still now unable to eat fruit or at least eat a protein and then a very small portion of fruit. (I normally have 2-4 servings of fruit a day.)  I have to have more protein than others which means I lose more slowly but this is the best way of eating!  You will have to throw out old programming from past "diets".  I do my very best when I write down what I eat and have a plan and also don't allow myself to get too hungry.  Although not being strict LDL I have maintained at least a 17 lb loss since last October and it was up to or should I say down to 24 lbs.  I love to eat this way and can't wait to get past health issues to continue with my weight loss.  You can set this and forget it by eating this way and go on focusing on life.  The best I feel (except when I am dealing with medication or some type of health issue) is when I eat this way.  I can tell you for a fact if I were not at least eating mostly LDL I would have not only gained my weight back but would be even heavier.  When you don't see a weight loss you will see your body reshaping which is what we really want! 

My very best tip that helps me the most is I pray for God to help me only want to eat LDL!  I also pray for LDL'ers and to help everyone on these boards every day.  All I can say is God is awesome! 

I wish you the very best success and if you only folllow LDL you will see success like you have never seen before!

God bless  *love*

Wecome to the boards and to LDL.  :thumbsup:  JF

welcome to let's do lunch......i can relate to your feeling enslaved to food....i have the same problem...as long as i eat this way, i'm fine....i lost all the weight i wanted to lose and then i told myself i'd go off for a period of time during christmas..........i came to realize how bad that was for me.....a week of eating the wrong foods and i'm back where i started from.......i go from one craving to another.......and, i did that a number of times, fighting my way back to eating right each time...the longer i stayed off let's do lunch, the harder it was to get back on track..

since the beginning of the year, i've been on track and have lost a lot of that weight AGAIN........i have definitely come to realize that it's not worth it..

i have an underactive thyroid also and have had a lot of problems with fatigue in the last 10 years.....part of the weight i regained in the last couple of years was because of problems with my medication......it won't affect your losing....MAYBE a little slower, but who cares?......

healthy eating.......... :rose: niki  

Hi !

I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
I hope we will have great time here. and I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members,
hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge. Nice to meet you..

Welcome to Lets Do Lunch, Anora.
Happy to have you aboard the train to Skinnytown.
Wither started a thread for Newbies to introduce yourself and for you to learn about other members.
Please tell us about yourself here:
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9613.0

Welcome, Anora. I've been reading your other posts. We're glad to have you aboard and are willing to help you in anyway that we can.

Many blessings,
Ollie

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

Welcome to LDL. This truly is an amazing way of eating. I have tried many a diet over the years and I did manage to lose 20 pounds on LDL which I consider to be a miracle. I also have huge issues with food, especially sweets. I cannot seem to deny myself, but eating lots of fruit does help to decrease those cravings.  Remember to eat until full all LDL foods.  I lose best when I stuff myself with the LDL.  Everyone on this site is so supportive.

Megara -- hope you are still with us!  This way will work if given the chance.  Nothing I tried before worked as well as LDL. 

Jencita -- nice profile pic!!  :thumbsup: 

!!!WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME !!!

we are just one big family here, always happy to help and encourage one another...

need a recipe idea?  need a kick in the pants? need a shoulder to cry on?  need to know if you can eat a certain item?

just ask one of us, more than likely at least one of us has the recipe, right shoe size, available shoulder, knowledge of the food item, or maybe even all of the above!! :)

read and reread the book, this program works!! that's what is great about it, you CAN stick with it, and surprisingly easily! it won't take long and you'll be wondering where all those craving went! you'll be looking and feeling fabulous!! so sit back and enjoy the ride to skinny town!!  :thumbsup:

others have said it, but it must be stressed...make sure to eat until full!! it's important to your success on this plan and it's what makes this plan better than any other "diet" out there!! YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN BE SATISFIED AND LOSE WEIGHT!!  :inlove:

blessings...
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com

Thanks crickadoodle  :)