Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My hubbys "office"

My hubby is working maintenance at Voyageurs National Park this summer.....here are a few pictures:

Image   here he is in his office

Image    looking at one of many lakes in park

very pretty park

kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10

Last edited by graceface66 on , edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: My hubbys "office"

Now that's an office!!! :thumbsup:
Nice pic Kris.  Thanks for sharing.
mrsj

Kris, he has a wonderful office.  love the picture.  do you get to visit him often.

Hi mom,
            this is about an hour from our home and usually he comes home every evening. sometimes if they are working at the other end of the park he stays monday thru thursday. most of the park iis only accesable by boat.
                                                kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10

This would truly make me want a "go to work with spouse day"  hope you get one at least once in the summer  :angel:

Looks like a wonderful place to visit and commune with God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martha

I wish I had your husband's office too! We used to go there quite often and were just this weekend we talked of how we MUST go back. Nature at its finest! BTW, you look great, Kris. I hope all is well with you.

WOW!  So happy he is working - AND in such a beautiful place.  Sorry it has to be so far from home.  What does he do?

He is working with a crew restoring old cabins....replacing roofs, floors etc.    An hours drive is really not so bad......no traffic...beautiful scenery.  He will be working thru september......then we start looking again.
                                                                      kris

Where is this park?  My husband would love a job like the one your husband has!  

I live in New Hampshire and it is one of the smallest states in the U.S. (8,968 sq mi.) Our White Mountain National Forest occupies most of the northern third of the state.  We have over 1,300 lakes and ponds, of which Lake Winnipesaukee is the largest at 72 sq mi. There are 110 mountains -- 48 of them over 4,000 ft high (all within the White Mountain National Forest) with Mount Washington (also in the WMNF) is the highest at 6,288 ft. high.

After Maine, New Hampshire is the most heavily forested state in the USA, with 86% of the total land area covered by hardwood and evergreen forests. We have 53 covered bridges dating from the 19th century.  Also, from where I live in the Lakes Region, we can drive to the ocean in 1 hour!

So much for the history lesson!  I guess I just wanted members to know a little more about my beautiful state.  You all have an invitation to visit and see for yourself -- we have 3 bedrooms that are unoccupied and just waiting for company.

VickiLynn

Last edited by VickiLynn on , edited 1 time in total.

OK,
where do i have to send my application documents to ?  ;D

Lucky Guy..

here is some info from the Voyageurs national park website

QUICKLINKS:

Directions

Operating Hours & Seasons

Fees & Reservations

Centennial Initiative 2016

Park Newspaper

Invasive Species Alert

Guided Tours

What's New
  Explore the Lakes of the North Woods

Nearly 200 years ago voyageurs paddled birch bark canoes full of animal pelts and trade goods through this area on their way to Lake Athabaska, Canada.

Today, people explore the park by houseboat, motorboat, canoe and kayak.

Voyageurs is a water-based park where you must leave your car and take to the water to fully experience the lakes, islands and shorelines of the park.

WATERS

Water is the defining feature of Voyageurs National Park. The interconnected waterways provide recreational boaters with an unparalleled opportunity to explore the northwoods lake country.

Voyageurs National Park adopted new boating and fishing restrictions and best management practices in 2007 to protect the park's interior lakes from aquatic exotics such as spiny waterfleas. Click on the Management link or Nonnative Species link for more information.

SCENERY

Forests cover the land, thriving on a thin layer of soil that has formed since the last glaciers melted around 10,000 years ago. Rocks that formed when the earth was young are exposed here. In Voyageurs National Park, you can touch some of the most ancient rock on earth and watch light reflect on the lake. The waters are blue during the long summer days and bright white when frozen beneath a blanket of snow in the winter. 

WILDLIFE

The distant howl of a wolf, the snap of branches as a white-tailed deer or black bear moves through the forest—sounds that remind us that although we are visitors here, Voyageurs is home to a rich variety of wildlife.
more... 

VISIT

Whether you are here for a day, a week or longer, the lakes and land of Voyageurs National Park offer plenty of opportunities for exploration, fun, relaxation, and learning. 

Write to

Voyageurs National Park
3131 Highway 53
International Falls, Minnesota 56649
E-mail Us

Phone

Park Headquarters
(218) 283-6600

Rainy Lake Visitor Center
(218) 286-5258
Fax

(218) 285-7407  Climate

Voyageurs has a cool, continental climate with short, warm summers followed by long, cold winters.

Average summer temperatures are 60 degrees F to 80 + degrees F; winter temperatures range from below 0 degrees F to 20 degrees F. 

Skip to SearchSkip to NavigationSkip to BodySkip to Footer

Did You Know?
Voyageurs National Park is home to several wolf packs. Listen for their distinctive howl or look for fresh tracks in the winter.

Thank you for the information...
I think i have to go there someday...

Chrissy