Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Julie,

Beautiful picture!!.  I, also, love to see everyone's beautiful smiling faces.  Hopefully this weekend I will find the time to look for a picuture of myself to post.  Then I may be calling on Gwen to help me post it as well. 

Kathy

Profile Send private message  

Thanks Redcat!  Can't wait to see you!  Gwen is a doll for helping us.

J :rose:

crickadoodle wrote:
I'd just feel funny having my picture up there.  I don't know why, but I just would.  Come to San Antonio -- I'm really thinking I'm going to go -- but of course I live much closer than you do.  I'm even thinking that if my sister can't come to take care of Mom, maybe Mom would enjoy going on a trip herself!  I can take care of her there as well as here. 
Doodle, it did feel funny to me when I first posted my picture.  I wasn't sure I wanted to see my mug all the time.  Now I'm used to it and it's no problem.  Whatever you do, it will be nice to "see" you.....here and/or San Antonio.  It would be nice to meet your Mom too.
Btw, have a great vacation!
mrsj

Thanks, Mrs. J.  We had company last night and it was a late night.  I was a night owl like you!  Well, that means I woke up much later.  I'd gotten up in the night to check on Mom and smelled the fragrance of oranges in the air.  She had gotten to the oranges and had eaten one, so I knew sleeping late wouldn't be dangerous for her diabetes.  Well, when I did get up, Mom informed me she'd changed her own bag and even rinsed out the old one!  Can you believe it??  She told me that since my sister will be taking care of her this upcoming week, she wants to be able to help her!  :laughing:  Notice she never thought about learning to do this to help me!  That kind of tells you what our relationship is like -- she is very dependent on me, but doesn't want that kind of relationship with my sister.  I am the baby of the family, by the way.  It's funny how relationships develop and change over the years and with the circumstances. 

I have a good "fattest me" picture from April in San Antonio, when we went there for our anniversary.  I want to go back to the same place and take another picture in the same pose so it'll really show the before and after difference.  The more I think about it, the more I think I'll be able to go in March.  My mom is from Port Arthur, Texas, and we can go there too and visit her sister and some cousins and an uncle who live there too.  One of my best friends live right outside of Houston, and we can visit her.  (BTW her son was just diagnosed with H1N1 and needs prayer -- his name is Samuel and he's 16 and a uncommonly sweet boy.)

crickadoodle wrote:
I'd just feel funny having my picture up there.  I don't know why, but I just would.  

Hey Doodlebug!  I know how you feel, I actually feel the same way. I guess it is a little shyness. I don;t act shy in most situations but there it is. And I am really not photogenic at all.  :sideways:

Maybe you can take some photos on vacation with your husband and post one. Do you think you will feel better if he is in the picture?

Hope you have a great time and get some quality time with your husband.

I'll miss you!  *hug*

Julie :rose:

crickadoodle wrote:
  One of my best friends live right outside of Houston, and we can visit her.  (BTW her son was just diagnosed with H1N1 and needs prayer -- his name is Samuel and he's 16 and a uncommonly sweet boy.)

Crickadoodle I will be sending up prayers for the entire family.

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

Oh, her son is fine and the daughter caught it too, but she is also fine.  Great news!

Nice to finally "See You", Julie.  :D

BTW CRICKADOODLE:  Where is your picture???????  We would like to "See" you, too.  :D

*hug*

Ginny