Pat's Menu

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
patsyfay
Master Member

Pat's Menu

Post by patsyfay »

9/8/2013
Breakfast: One extremely thin pork sausage patty and one egg; V-8 w/ lemon juice
Lunch: LDL Meatballs; 1/2 cup store bought spaghetti sauce w/o sugar or fat; big tossed salad with garbanzo beans, lemon juice and Bragg's liquid aminos; frozen grapes
Dinner: Fruit smoothie; popcorn
Snack: Fat free canned refried beans mixed with garlic and onion powder and sriracha sauce

9/9/2013
Breakfast: Bean Pot and V-8 w/ lemon juice
Lunch: Marinated grilled chicken thighs; green beans; frozen peach slices with stevia
Snack: Kosher dill pickles
Dinner: Apple Pie In a Glass smoothie {5 raw almonds (I know, no nuts on LDL, but I only have this once or twice a month and I'm still losing) 1-2 apples, washed, cored and chopped, 1/2 - 1 banana; 3/4 cup fat free yogurt (still only twice a month); 1/2 cup apple juice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice; combine all in blender on high for 30 seconds or until of desired consistency}; popcorn

9/10/2013
Breakfast: Spicy refried beans topped with one thin slice fat free sharp cheddar and topped with an over-easy egg; V-8 w/ lemon juice
Lunch: Dreamfield's with fresh tomato sauce and 2 meatballs; watermelon
Dinner: Big tossed salad with garbanzos and fresh veggies topped with lemon juice and Bragg's liquid aminos.

9/17/2013
Breakfast: Egg salad on corn thins; V-8 with lemon juice
Lunch: Cooked broccoli slaw with LDL meatballs and bottled spaghetti sauce;
Snack: Dill pickles
Dinner: Small pork loin serving with sauerkraut; asparagus; frozen grapes
Snack: Some cheese

9/18/2013
Breakfast: Big mug of split pea soup; V-8 with lemon juice
Lunch: Large tossed salad with lemon juice and Bragg's; corn thins with tuna salad; frozen grapes
Dinner:

10/07/2013
Breakfast: Black refried bean base topped with scrambled eggs; V-8
Lunch: LDL Meat Patty; garlicky green beans; sliced tomatoes; frozen grapes
Dinner: Quick Borscht (see recipe below); frozen pineapple

Pat’s Quick Beet Soup (Borscht)

2 cans shoestring, sliced or whole beets, chopped & undrained (I had roasted about 8 lovely beets and had some in the fridge. I threw those in along with 1 can shoestring beets. Not everyone is going to have roasted beets in their fridge, so just put in as many cans of beets as you like up to three.)
4 medium to large carrots, sliced
4 large celery ribs, sliced
1 medium to large onion, sliced
1 Tab. jarred, chopped garlic (or fresh to your taste)
½ cup sugar-free ketchup
2 heaping Tabs. sugar-free raspberry jam (yes, I had it, put it in and it was wonderful)
1 regular sized can crispy sauerkraut, undrained (the recipe usually calls for cabbage and a bit of vinegar, but I didn’t have any except in a can!)
1 Tab. Mrs. Dash original seasoning
2 tsps. dried dill weed
2 bay leaves
4 cups beef broth (I made it with beef base and hot water)
1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained (you can add more than 1 can and any kind of bean)
A bit of water to make it as “soupy” as you like

Heat EVOO in a large soup pot, add sliced onion and sauté a few minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute or so. Add carrots, celery and sauerkraut. Stir and bring to heat. Add everything else EXCEPT the beets and beans and the extra water. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 1 ½ hours. Remove the bay leaves, add beets and beans, and the water, if you want it, and bring back to heat. Let simmer ½ an hour and serve. I didn’t add any salt because of the salty broth, and the vinegar from the sauerkraut adds a nice tang. I thought it was great. It’s all about the seasoning. Hope you enjoy it. You can also add stew meat that has been cooked until tender or left over pot roast, chicken, etc.

10/08/2013
Breakfast: Broccoli, Cauliflower and Kohlrabi Soup; Decaf with 1 tab. cocoa
Lunch: Big salad with sliced chicken, tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms, lemon juice & Bragg's
Dinner:
Last edited by patsyfay on October 8th, 2013, 10:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

omalani
Master Member

Re: Pat's Menu

Post by omalani »

I think I'll try your apple pie in a glass but use coconut milk. It's not LDL either but I use EVCO to fry things and haven't had any problems with it. I want to make a pumpkin pie too. I found some recipes on 50 Best Paleo pumpkin recipes the could easily fit into our program. Soup weather is coming on fast and the hot pumpkin smoothies will be nice too. Keep on posting, I enjoy hearing from you. Life is good.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Hi, Omalani!

I've been so negligent in posting my menus, but I've lost about another 1 1/2 pounds. I'm losing slowly, but surely. I just make the Libby's pumpkin pie, but I use Splenda instead of sugar and no crust. My mouth is happy. I just love soup when the weather turns. There are so many recipes out there. I've loved soup for years, but when I first came to LDL and found what adding pureed beans and all those lovely herbs and spices did for them, I was hooked. I make soup every month of the year...cold, warm, hot, crunchy, smooth, meaty, veggie...you name it, I eat it! Nice talking with you, Omalani. See you again, soon.

God bless you,
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I love when you post menus - it always helps to give me ideas. Unfortunately I am not organized enough to stay ahead - a goal of mine. Your menu looks healthy and yummy! I made meatloaf previously and substituted squished kidney beans for the oatmeal and my kids loved it and actually prefer it to the regular meatloaf. When I went off LDL, I just made the regular and they all wanted the bean meatloaf :)) .
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Jencita,
Thanks for the kind words. I'm making spaghetti sauce this morning. I love to let it simmer for a long time. At the end, I'll add sliced mushrooms and sliced stuffed green olives. That's our favorite way of eating it. Since I only have Dreamfield's about once every two months, I've begun to eat broccoli slaw in place of the pasta. I parboil it in seasoned water, put the sauce on top and dust it with some parmesan. So good! We're supposed to get into the mid 80's today. I'm SO looking forward to the cooler weather. By Sunday it's supposed to be rainy and 60's. I'm doing a happy dance in anticipation. Nice talking to you, Jencita. Hope to see you soon.

God bless you and yours,
Pat

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I love the Broccoli slaw idea. It is one of my regular "instant meals" cut up and ready to go. Cold or hot.
I have had to par boil and freeze because life happens and I didn't want it to go bad. So now, when it's on sale I buy two. One to eat fresh and one to freeze for later, just in case. Right next to the spaghetti sauce.
Zesti
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I do the same thing. When I buy the slaw I toss one in the freezer and parboil one for immediate use!! I made some sugar free tomato jam the other day. Then I bought some Laughing Cow lite garlic and herb cheese products, spread it on a corn thin and spread a little jam on top. Good!

Pat