Vickie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Vernswifevickie

Re: Vickie's Journal

Post by Vernswifevickie »

:yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn: (That's all of us singing)...

Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and Majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You. ....
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Vernswifevickie wrote: :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn: (That's all of us singing)...

Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and Majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You. ....

girl...you ARE on fire..............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Here I am singing alto harmony...  la la la  I love those contemporary worship songs, too.  I also really love the traditional gospel songs, but I like them jazzed up with a foot-tapping rockabilly beat. 

I'm not really here - I went to bed at 9:30, remember?  sheesh.  Couldn't resist checking in on our Miss Vickie.

Loves ...
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Vernswifevickie

Good morning ladies...she says as she runs through the journal waving and checking in on her way to the shower. I spent way too much time in the kitchen this morning...but now I have six each of beanana muffins and apple/pumpkin spice muffins...and a small loaf of beanana bread to show for it! WhoooHooo!!!!

:yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:
All together now..

Give thanks to the Lord
Our God and King
His love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
With a mighty hand
and outstretched arm
His love endures forever
For the life that's been reborn
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise

Yeah
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever

From the rising to the setting sun
His love endures forever
By the grace of God
We will carry on
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise
Yeah
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever
Forever

His love endures forever
His love endures forever
His love endures forever
Forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise
Yeah
Forever you are faithful
Forever you are strong
Foerver you are with us
Forever
And ever
Yeah

Forever you are faithful
Forever you are strong
Forever you are with us
Forever
Forever
You are God.....
Forever
And ever and ever ....
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

So...here's what I've eaten today:

Pre Breakfast:
large glass of water with psyllium husks
2 mugs coffee

Breakfast:
Beanana Muffin
Banana
Lg cup herbal tea

Lunch:
Roasted Turkey Breast (from the grocery store, same case as the roasted chickens)
Spaghetti squash
Iced herbal tea.

Dinner...Hmmm
I'm thinking popcorn and fruit.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Wonderful menu today.  We have GOT to all get together to record some praise & worship music.  Maybe they will have a recording booth in the cruise ship on our next LDL cruise.  :laughing:
ImageImage
Vernswifevickie

Good morning my LDL friends! It's Saturday and I am getting ready to go and get some housework done but I had to check in here first. I woke up with a stiff neck and a killer headache...took something for it and I'm hoping it will go away soon!

Gwen...I would LOVE to have a praise and worship session with you and Niki and the rest of the gang! If not here then at the wedding feast of the Lamb!

Today is my "knit together" group at church. I am looking forward to it...just a bunch of ladies getting together to knit and crochet! I crochet...I don't know how to knit.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

Good moning...Happy Sunday...This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

So...Vern and I had a date last night. We rode the trolley into old town. We walked through the shops and played the role of tourists in our home town! We ended up in this darling little creole cafe for dinner. We couldn't tell from the exterior of the place that it would be so expensive! we had limited funds for the evening so the only thing we could afford from the menu was a bowl of chicken/sausage gumbo. It was just meat and broth...but the broth was made with a dark roux...it was OMG!!! Scrumptious! I'm thinking of trying to find a recipe for it and seeing if I can re-create a similar soup from LDL friendly foods. However...the white bread I dipped in the soup and ate was most definitely not LDL friendly. But that was last night and today is a new day.

Have a happy day my friends
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

I skipped breakfast this morning...no time....but I had the best lunch! I had some leftover LDL legal spaghetti sauce I had made earlier in the week and a little bit of spaghetti squash...but not enough to make a meal. So I dumped it in a sauce pan and added a can of corn and a can of bleack-eyed peas....the result was an itialian, spaghetti soup...it was very yummy!

Now I'm going to go take a Sunday afternoon nap!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

Happy Monday!!! I am off from work today and have a ton of errands to run. But, first I have a boatload of ripe bananas to peel and freeze, and some beans to get started cooking.

My spaghetti soup kept me full all day yesterday and I had some popcorn and a smoothie last night while we were watching extreme makeover.

I'm going to have a great big smoothie this morning to hold me while I run my errands. I have some chicken leg quarters thawing to cook later.

OK...gotta get moving this morning
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Vickie - I really look forward to reading your posts.  You just brighten my day. 

IT IS SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK and sounding so cheerful.  I'm jealous of your date.  Our last date was to the hospital! 
ImageImage
Vernswifevickie

Awww Gwen...thanks so much. It's GOOD to be back. It's good to be back here and it's good to be back on plan, knowing that I'm putting healthy foods in my body. And...it's good to have you here cheering me on and inspiring me  :inlove:

So...here's how yesterday went.

Pre breakfast:
Coffee, large glass of water with psyllium husks

Breakfast:
Banana

Lunch:
Met a friend for lunch at Chili's. I ordered the guiltless grilled chicken. I substituted black beans for the rice. So my lunch consisited of, a grilled chicken breast, a small cup of black beans, a corn on the cob, and some steamed broccoli...it was GREAT!

Dinner:
Butternut squash soup
beanana muffin
popcorn
an orange

I was on the run from morning until late afternoon...I got a lot accomplished.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi Vickie,

Just popping in to say good morning...I've been busy and not had time to post as much as I'd like to.  Plus, I don't have a good ISP at home, so I do most of my online stuff during slow periods at work!

About the praise and worship session - count me in...I hope to have a big role in the Heavenly Choir when God calls me home!

Have a BLESSED DAY!

Love, Doreen
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Vickie - You are doing GRRREEEEEAAAT ! ! ! (Where is Tom with a picture of Tony the Tiger when you need him?)

You are being active and productive.  I'm so very glad the Lord has blessed us with Let's Do Lunch, aren't you?  Everything about it seems to make me a better person.  People are sparkling with enthusiasm and energy.  It's so wonderful.

I was shocked (in a good way) at how many good LDL choices are on the Chili's menu, if you just swap out the rice for beans or extra veggies.  Their broccoli was SO GOOD.  Large, fresh & al dente, just like I like it.  Last time I added a broiled portobello mushroom cap that was so good it amost made me cry.  How can it possibly taste so much like steak?   God is soooo GOOD!

Right, Doreen?  :thumbsup: :D
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Good morning Vickie,

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, it is so nice to see you posting again.

I would love to join you guys in the music making, do you take us people  that don't have a good voice that has a hard time staying on tune and can't play an instrument?  If so, count me in. :D

I've been trying to have a little more time to make some good food but something different than the quick beans, corn, onions, and tomato stew that I usually end up with just because it is quick and easy. 

Have a great wonderful day!

Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hey Carrole - when I get in a stew rut like that, I just go get inspiration from the recipe boards.  I can always find something to cook that I have the ingredients on hand, or can make a substitution.

OK - let's do this together: [[With a big-old smile on the face, and a loud WOO HOO shout to the Lord, Claps hands & stomps feet in time to the music (or close to it) ]]  :D
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I'm with you now as I can do the clapping and stomping just fine.  I love you guys already, so neat coming here and getting fed, that is how I look at it. 

Carrole
Vernswifevickie

You guys are so funny...and such an encouragement to me! I can sing a little and sometimes I can clap on the right beat. Stomping my feet isn't a problem but my dancing isn't anything I'd want to do publicly...But I have heart and I love to worship the Lord so I think we'll all make a great worship team!

Just checking in from work. I managed to get out the door in time to walk here. I can most definitely tell that I haven't been walking lately...I was almost out of breath walking here. Yikes!!! Gotta get back in shape!

I drank my smoothie while I walked. It was an apple, a banana, some pineapple chunks, and some pinto beans. I'm still full and it's almost 12:30!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

Ok...another great day coming to a close!

along with my above mentioned smoothie I had:

Lunch:
Leftover roasted turkey breast, shredded and mixed with a little light mayo, wrapped in lettuce leaves
Butternut squash soup

Dinner:
Butternut squash soup
beanana muffin
bowl of orange sements and pineapple

I might have some popcorn later....but maybe not
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Good menus going on here, Vicki.  I especially liked the orange segments and pineapple.  Sounds refreshing!  And the turkey/lettuce wrap sounds good, too.  Thanks for the good ideas!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.