Lulu65's journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Lulu65's journal

Post by MsHeirloom »

Oh, Lulu! I am so sorry about your injury, surgery, rehab!!! What a bummer! I am hopeful that you will receive very needed good news at your cancer check-up on April 15th. How long after that will you get the results? Prayers for a "clean" check-up.
Hugs to you. Welcome back-
Pam
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I find out on the 15th.. CT scan results will be faxed as well as blood tests as well they burn a copy of the scan on a disc for my doctor to read.. I have a good feeling but I need to get active.. I had joined water aerobics and was enjoying them so much but physiotherapist does not want me to resume them yet as there is jumping etc...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

So a week from tomorrow you will have all the results. Hope the time goes very fast (and, of course, that the results are very good).
Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

It is so good to hear from you Lulu. I am so sorry to hear about your fall, but I am sure everything will be fine very soon.

Did you have a good birthday?
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Cameron... very uneventful bday as it was on Good Friday and Easter weekend so dear daughter ended up making Easter dinner and we were all there.. Next year I am starting to count backwards not the big 70... :)
Hockey has started but I really am not into it that much.. maybe as playoffs approach maybe more...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hi Lulu,

I was just thinking about you.
Just wondering how you are feeling, and how is your ankle? I remember that you had that nasty fall a few months ago.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wow! It has been awhile. Hope things are going well for you, Lulu!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

My goodness My LDL friends... It certainly has been a very long time... Just been busy since health is quite stabilized... |I am into my second year of remission (since Nov 17 2013) Took a lovely trip to Prince Edward island this summer and taking care of home grass flowers etc keeps me busy... I am working with a Diabetic dietitian as my sugars are very high and pills are not working.. I have a huge list of food I must not eat frequently.. all root vegetables squash which i love or squash soups etc or pumpkin and of course rice pasta etc.. some fruit apples pears, melons.. My doc wears two hats.. .he was a nutritionist for 13 years and then became a doc.. so am working on getting my sugar down.. Been around 270 and higher but right now is between
180 and 225... so I really need to get this down...

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you... May you be blessed with good health and happiness for the coming year also
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lulu- What a gift to hear from you that you are continuing in your remission. May you have a joy-filled Christmas and continue to enjoy your gift of health. Glad your blood sugars are coming down a bit. Hang in there and let us know how you're doing!!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Great to hear from you Lulu. I am a diabetic as well and had problems with my sugar at one point. I did not want to take insulin injections, so was only open to oral meds. When I started losing weight everything went well for a while but my sugars were running high. Could have been stress or inflammation somewhere in the body. Inflammation and infection will cause the blood sugar to go up. I went to see a diabetic educator and she started me on Lantus, a long acting form of insulin. Since then I have been able to cut down on my oral meds and my sugar levels are steady between 90 and 120, usually in the 100's. I think the biggest nutritional source of the highs was wheat and sugar because I have had less colds, congestion and sickness since getting off them. When I do get small amounts hidden in restaurant food or desserts that I succumb too I experience nasal congestion and a puffy face. Sounds like you have a great doctor, it is so rare to have one that has a background in nutrition. May God surround you with His power excelling angels to continue ministering healing to you. Life is good.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lulu, I was very happy to see a post from you this morning. It sounds like you are doing quite well, great news about the remission after all that you have been through.

Have a wonderful Christmas, and all the best in the New Year.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wecome back LuLu and praise be unto God for your complete healing.
Blessings to you this Christmas and good health throughout the coming year!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Thank you for you for the warm welcome back Cameron, Pam, Omalani and Linda.. :ymhug: Hope you all had a great Christmas... I forgot to mention that my ankle is giving me great grief... with all the swelling pain in the back of the ankle as well as the bone (outside of ankle) where they operated.. I have a hard time putting on a pair of winter boots that cover the ankle..we have had lots of snow and ice here and I have worked hard to try to keep up and I think I over did..
Christmas was quiet for me as we are all going to my son's in another province on the 29th to celebrate with all the family but i did a lot of baking for that etc.. There will e twelve of us..
Feels good to be back among you folks... I just wish I could follow this plan My doc does not want to put me on insulin... I guess he will do that as a last resort..

Today is boxing day her but i don't do that too many people in the stores etc..

I sincerely hope you all had a nice Christmas... Many places were hit bad with ice storms.. My girlfriend lives in Jonesport Me and had no power for a few days will call her later to see how things are today..
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I know you will enjoy the time with your son and family. I flew to San Jose on Christmas day and on the way to my daughter"s home in Pacific Grove I saw the most beautiful sunset over Monterey Bay. When we got out of the car and I smelled a combination of salty air and cedar, I was transported in memories to my youth. I grew up in southern Calif. and the first time I visited Pacific Grove was at age 16 on spring break with my Girl Scout troop. We were Mariners which they no longer have, but were grouped into senior scouts. Our group was together from the 4th grade through high school. We have gotten together from time to time, the last time was our 50th high school reunion in 2010. A small core of us remain friends over the years. Life is good and precious memories bring smiles and laughter. Live! Love! Laugh!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Hang in there, dear Lulu! I hope your ankle is better very soon. I fell over cords at the beauty shop last summer and broke my hip. I had a pin and plate installed. I did all the rehab and continue with my exercises, however, the pain has never resolved. On January 9th, the surgeon will remove all the hardware which he believes my body doesn't like. I hope I will have less pain after I recover from that surgery. The bone has healed quite well. Fingers crossed.
Have a great time at your holiday celebration in a few days! We had the flu all week so we'll visit our local grandsons this weekend and our out of town granddaughters next. Sometimes, holidays have to be celebrated whenever loved ones can get together!!!
Again, congratulations on your remission. Have a great new year!!!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

ouch so sorry to hear this Pam.. I have heard of people who cannot stand the hardware in there and it has to be removed.. and with all the weight you have lost you should be good.. I pray you are.. I had the flu shot and pneumonia shot.. I did not want it but doc said being diabetic I was better off having it.. so before I knew it I was whisked off into the nurse's office for the shots.. Arm was sore for a day or two but not bad.. You look amazing Pam.. So happy for you..You enjoy your grand children as health permits.. Happy New Year to you too and the best on the surgery and removal of hardware.
Omalina. I used to have an aunt that lived in Monterey.. I personally have never been to California.. It is lovely to keep friends for years and catch up with each other from time to time.. I do that with my girlfriend in Maine.. i have known her for over 55 years.. We got together this summer... Her Mom is a grand lady of 91 and sharp as a tack.. Only her sight is failing her quite badly...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I cannot believe it has been so long since I have been here...I hope all the folks I know here are fine and healthy and happy... A few things have changed in my life... I bought a house last year... Yes a house.. I was renting and figured it was better to put my money into a house than continue to rent. It was 4 years I had rented. At $1200 mth renting plus utilities plus doing the grass and snow I figured it would be cheaper to buy so here I am..It is a lovely litle home 913 sq ft and just right for me..

Health wise I am doing ok.. I did exercises this winter twice a week but my side effects from the colon surgery and chemo have not stopped the runs I am continually dealing with. If all is well on Nov 17 it will be three years I am cancer free.... Praise the Lord.. The doctor has told me I cannot take Imodium like i have been as it is bad for the heart???

My weight has not changed but it is so limited as to what I can eat due to my issues... Did not take holidays last year as I was busy planning the move etc...

Saying hello to Linda RN. Pam, Cameron and all the others I know....
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lulu- How wonderful to hear that you remain in remission and are confident enough to buy a new home and move. Your very own little nest! Congratulations in all arenas!!! As long as you are well and eating healthy foods, what does it matter that you weigh a bit more than you want. In the entire scheme of things...

My "simple hardware removal" became a major problem when I came home after the outpatient surgery and my hip broke in a new area. It likely was broken all along and that was the cause of my pain. I ended up with a total hip replacement, rehab (again), and another period of recovery. My new hip is great, I have no pain, but did lose some ground with my mobility. I need a cane all the time and often use a rolling walker. I have adjusted to that and continue to eat well, enjoy my family, and travel every chance we get!

The boards have been very slow. Those of us that you mentioned are still here and posting- as is Omalani and a few others. We have a couple new members, but wish we could get more excitement going on here. It really is the best plan around and very effective in getting us to a healthy weight.

Keep us posted. Again, congratulations on your continuing remission, your new home, and new life. It's so great to hear from you, Lulu!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So great to hear from you LULU.
Praising the Lord with you for your healing and health, and a new adventure in life.
Hope you come back often to post.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

LULU, my fellow Canadian, I am so happy that you posted!!! I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you were.

Great news about the remission, and how nice that you purchased a home. That is a good size for one person, big enough, and easy to look after.

Please keep us updated as to how it is going! :ymhug: