EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by EnJae »

Breakfast: Herbalife Healthy Meal 1 (2 scoops), Personalized Protein Powder (1 Tbsp), 1/4 C soy powder, mixed in water.

Lunch: Salad Bar at United Grocery Store (8oz bowl of chili, Romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper, 2 boiled eggs, 1Tbsp of blue cheese crumbles) coffee, water

Snack: Simply Flax Snax (flax seeds, sesame seeds, tomato paste)

Supper with family: (not LDL) 6oz of Dr Pepper while supper was being made (blood sugar was low), homemade sloppy joe, zucchini patty, OreIda fries, small serving of a cherry fritter, water.

Snack: strawberries, water
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Breakfast: bananas and water.

Snack: canned spinach.

Lunch: canned pinto beans and corn and water.

Supper: (at friends' home, nonLDL) pepperoni pizza and a Dr. Pepper 10.

Snack before beginning at the gym: water with lime juice and Stevis added, Simply Flax Snax.

Bedtime snack: strawberries and water.
Last edited by EnJae on March 27th, 2013, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

*Hugs* You are working your way back girlfriend. :) Love you so much!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You are making progress!
Good for you.
Consider starting to cook some of the delicious LDL entree's and take on with you to friend's house.
If they taste it, they may prefer it to pizza!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Linda brought taco soup to work the other day and we all pigged out. It is one of my new faves. It is lighter than chili, but has all the flavor. It's nice to work with Linda and other friends that work days, but I miss the nights, where I have weekday hours off to get things done. My favorite hours are 8 hr. eves 3:45PM to 12:15AM or 12 hr shifts 6:00PM to 6:30AM. I guess working days is encouragement for me to retire!! Keep us current with your progress.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you for the encouragement and the suggestions.

I do not cook. A couple of years ago my sister-in-law and I traded gas stoves. She cooks all the time and her oven qiit working. The guys traded out the stoves, my brother got her stove working the same day. I learned later that my goster-brother simply moved my stove into the right place. Never hooked the gas up. Oh, well.

The meals where I ate poorly were set up prior to returning to LDL. From now on, I will be able to say "Let me bring my own food", or "may I suggest we eat..."
Vernswifevickie

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Hi EnJae, I just returned to LDL. You're one of the familiar faces I remember from when I was here before. I just wanted to say hi and I'm glad you're still here :)
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes Vickie! I just started back, too. Glad you're here!
Vernswifevickie

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Yay!! We can be back at it together!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I haven't been too consistent about writing my foods here. But I'm eating good!
I love me!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Enjae I am horrible about keeping a food journal! I've been eating 100% LDL until the last couple of days. I did the best I could with what was available at the hospital. I'm going shopping today to get groceries and fill the house with good food again. :) I love me too! AND I love you! *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by EnJae »

mwah! (that's a kiss)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

*runs by and leaves a big ole hug for Enjae* Love you sister!!! :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by patsyfay »

Enjae,
I don't know if you remember me, but I do remember you. I was on the boards several years ago and have returned to lose again. There doesn't seem to be as much traffic on the boards as there used to be, but I see that many of the folks have jobs and that could be the reason.

I'm so glad to see that you are still hanging in there (like me) and doing good things for yourself. Hope we can "talk" from time to time.

Patsyfay
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Let's see if I can do this again.

27 November 2013
B: coffee, banana, donuts (!), water.
L: Grill cheese sandwich and water.
__________ saw an encouragement from Vee to brother Tom on FaceBook and decided to get back here...
s: spicy, ground beef. water.
D: canned beans & corn, water

On a side note: I drink a LOT of water through out the day. I weigh 252#. yHalf of my weight in pounds is 126. For weightloss I try to drink 126oz of water throughout the day. (¡Never more than 8oz during any given 1/2 hour because I don't want to damage my kidneys!) I buy water at my local Water Store & everyday I refill 8 16oz glass bottles. I sip from those through the day.
Last edited by EnJae on November 28th, 2013, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good to see you back, EnJae. Just in time to prevent holiday weight gain. You can do it!!!
Pam
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

God, thank You for my many blessings.

28 November 2013

B: coffee, water, grapefruit juice, banana, eggs, some of the hamburger-beans-corn I mixed together last night.

s: My tummy's still full, I don't want a snack. Drank water.

D: turkey breast, bacon wrapped jalapeno popper, salad with olive oil and vinegar, raw brocolli with sliced raw carrots, english pea salad, devilled eggs, beef-pintos-n-corn casserole. Water to drink.

s: small slice of pumpkin pie, water.

S: pinto beans. Water.

I usually need something like a banana or cereal at bedtime. I didn't need anything else tonight.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

29 November 2013

"Whom have I in heaven but you Lord, and earth holds nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:25-26

I'm awake in the night, so I've been reading. I just saw a recipe that OmaLani posted in her food journal last year. Don't want to lose it, so pasting it here...
french drsg: 1 sm. can tomato sauce, 2/3 can vinegar and 1/3 can EVOO, 2 tbs. mustard and splenda

I didn't have a bedtime snack. So now would normally be a time to scout out the possibilities in the kitchen. Instead I just drank 8oz of water and headed back to bed. «grin»
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Think I will go to bed early. I overdid it today but your Psalm had renewed my strength and I will prevail. Thanks so much for sharing everyone. It is hard not to get in a rut. It reminds me of the story of the frog who fell in a wagon rut. His friends tried to get him out, but were unsuccessful. Later in the day they saw him hopping around town and asked him how he escaped. He said,"A wagon came along and I had to get out." I think that's how it is when you are miserable enough, you do what you have to do!! LDL gives you the tools and God gives the strenght. LDL for life. :x