TELL ME WHAT IS EATING YOU? Talk to me! Michele in hawaii...

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: TELL ME WHAT IS EATING YOU? Talk to me! Michele in hawai

Post by MsHeirloom »

I have eaten many desserts in my life, and I loved them all. I remember how wonderful they taste and how good they felt in my mouth as I enjoyed them.
I also remember what I felt like 88 pounds ago, how large my clothes were, how I hated to look in the mirror, how people looked at me in restaurants when I was eating or when I was grocery shopping- a mixture of disgust and sympathy... I never want to go back. I won't. I know what causes obesity, and I will not indulge in behaviors which would lead me back down that path.....

Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, you are so right--just like I was. I was a dessert nut--not one slice of carrot cake--the whole cake. I never want to return to food bondage and such unhealthy eating. :ymhug: JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Amen!!!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yep, me too, deserts were my downfall.
Have to keep reminding myself, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Michele, please pray for me. I was given administrative leave tonight, because I had a complaint made against me at work. Sooo I went to prayer meeting to ask for prayer for Crick's Mom and for this situation at work. Well the pastor sermon was Matt.6:28 "Consider the lilies". When we looked it up in our Bible, I have The Message which is a modern paraphrase. My eyes just happened to catch vs. 6:34 which said "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." The pastor also said, when the devil tries to distract us, remember how God has led us in the past. I felt like God was talking specifically to me in those words. So I keep 3/1/13 in mind, my retirement date and I know I am in His hands. Thanks dear one for your prayers.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Omalani, In 1984, Matthew 6:28 spoke to my need. I had gone to Church with a heavy heart. Lilies were in the front of our Church. God brought that passage of scripture to my heart. Then the minister used Mark 35-41 for a text. That day changed my faith--With Jesus, all things are possible. Another sister in the Lord saw me shedding tears. She became a truly wonderful Christian confidant and prayer warrior for me. She is with the Lord, but what she taught me still lives within me. We are here to help each other. My joy is in the Lord. Circumstances may not change, but with Jesus, we know we can get to the other side. I am here today to witness about God's faithfulness. I will be praying for you. We serve a mighty God. :ymhug: JF
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Tonight is my first night as Housekeeping Assistant. It hasn't been too bad. I just cleaned a bathroom and emptied trash and wiped down the chairs with disinfectant. My fellow employees cannot believe they would pull me from nursing and put me in housekeeping. DH said "You might like it and come home and clean up around here." I asked the Supervisor if I could go upstairs and eat with my friends and she said yes. So I had a pleasant lunch. The other employees I work with can't believe it but I am being made an example. But it's not bothering me any, less stress and better hours. So I canceled my vacation and they will have to deal with me everyday. They better hurry with the investigation cuz they are short of nurses. I will retire 3/1/13 Then it is party time. I am going on a mission trip to share the gospel with all my friends and relatives. I will talk to my attorney on Monday. To date there are no formal charges, just a satisfaction survey that said I was cold and rude to a child. I am sorry they percieved it that way, it was not intended. Maybe some good will come out of it. God bless you, Aloha Lei
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

By the time I worked 10 hours and finished wiping down the chairs, my back was hurting and I had a pain going down my left hip. I got the Torodol shot and went home early. I need to see my Dr. in the morning.
Please pray that this whole incident will be removed from the record and I can retire with a clean slate. I can do a lot of things, but all the heavy labor of cleaning a hospital is not one of them. Thankfully Linda has been so supportive with me. Thank you for keeping my spirits up with your messages. Aloha Lei
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Omalani,

I feel so bad for you, and am hoping that the situation is resolved quickly.

I think that it is terrible that they are making you do all those tasks that are difficult for you, honestly I have never heard of such a thing. Thankfully Linda is there with you.
Singforjesusmichele

Post by Singforjesusmichele »

I'm gone for two days and all heck breaks out! What the heck? My poor omalani...Oma~goodness! We are just going to pray for favor for you concerning this case and we bind you satan and all your fiery darts that are sent to destroy our lovely friends reputation as she is about to retire...we pray in agreement in the mighty name of Jesus is the creator and master of all the universe.....Step in lord and give my sister the vindication she deserves! We all agree and pray this.....amen!
Good grief.......the enemy is after your beautiful ok ole sistah! I am soooooooooo sorry my love......I am requesting that the Holy Spirit be sent to you to comfort you in this test......you're gonna be alright gf! Kill the dragon! Step I
On his throat! No weapons shall proper......! You are the daughter of the almighty king.....you are royalty and tho the enemy is trying to get you down just as you are in the last throw of your glorious retirement, we rebuke this evil plot to destroy your joy and we ask for victory in the mighty name of Jesus..all for your glory...an excellent outcome! You just keep singing your Christian songs while UR scrubbing them eat de twoilet sissy.... and that will really piss the devil off! Sing! Sing! The joyyyyy of the lordddd is our strength.......!praying for all day and night .....we are all with u in your trial......you're gonna come out smelling like a rose. Lei....like a sweet Hawaiian flower...that you are! Ok? Hang in there sistah! Rock and roll.....love love love Michele xxxxxxxxx :x :-o :ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymhug: :D ;;)
Singforjesusmichele

Aloha
I am fighting the urge and addiction to weighing myself every morning......I am going to weigh myself once a week......what do you guys think? Love Michele. On my way into town Honolulu for work...love you all in Jesus name
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Aloha Michele.

Hmmm, I just looked at your weather report. We could use a little bit of your sunshine here in North Idaho. It's cold and snowing like crazy, and looks like it will snow all week. It is soooo beautiful, but I had to turn up the heat in my office to keep from shivering. ;)

I'm not an expert on the weigh-in issue. But I think a lot depends on how much weight you want to lose. If you have a fair amount to lose (I started at needing to let go of about 80 pounds), your body fluctuates more from day to day. Some days you can be retaining several pounds of fluid, perhaps while your body flushes out the toxins and "ashes" of burned fat. So if you have more to lose, you shouldn't weigh in every day. The ups and downs could get really discouraging.

For those who have less to lose, or are ready to maintain, a daily weigh-in can help keep them focused. Getting off track a little bit will show up quickly and can be corrected before it's a 10-pound gain.

Choose what you can live with, but whatever you choose for weigh-in dates, determine to let LDL do its work. Even if you hit a stall and don't lose weight for a while, you will still feel so much better by eating the LDL way!

God bless you!
Terri
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

OH SUCH WISDOM IN THIS COMMUNITY OF FRIENDS
I don't know why I choose to step on the scales as it affects me adversely when I am already down.
Tuesday I ate all day :( Nothing can fill that empty spot but Jesus and "comfort foods" is a lie from the devil.
Thank you Michele for reminding me that we have a Comforter sent from above to be with us. My DH found my cell phone, so now I can talk instead of eating. It's 2AM and I am going to bed, have a big day tomorrow as I go face the Philistines. 8-| Aloha Lani
Singforjesusmichele

Ok ..so I have a bunch of lbs s to loose...so not gonna weigh but once a week......sound good? Btw. My teenager is giving me a run for my money......wearing me down with demands...I'm a single parent ~ she's my last....thank ya Jesus~ Kiddin. Love her. But between work and school and the house. She's wearing on me......how's the housekeeping going o? Kill the philistines! UR in my prayers. sissy....
Oh....ill send some sand and sun over TO ya girls! You can send me a born again George clooney look alike...it was my birthday Saturday! :ymparty:
I m sucking on my life plan...good one day....semi bad the next. Cooking like crazy. Soups veggies..salads exhaustion...daughter eating all my cooking that special for my diet..........nothin for me when I get home....late ......... :(( scared to weigh Monday....
.right hand swollen from eating Kahlua roast pork.......like the Hawaiians remember lei? Hawaiian salt...............home Thursday from work..dr yelled at me ......... my feelings hurt and arguments with strong willed dotter wearing my spirit out...... Watching. Mosab yosef ex terrorist on utube Muslim converted to Jesus. Beautiful scared enlightened story about Muslims and Jews and American Christians. He's a big cheese. Was Hamas prince ........love u. Praying for u lei.....sleeping its 2 am nite. Michelelele ;;)
Singforjesusmichele

Was pretty good today?.....feelin mighty fat...fluffy......round ...rotund...... Did u hear about the cheerleader who is getting kicked off her Super Bowl team because she gained 1.8 pounds.....she s. 5 ft 6. And weighs 105 pounds........what's wrong with this picture?
Our society has lost its MINDDDDDDD! What kind of women are running this team of women? A skeletal crew I guess.... I didn't mean to make a joke but I have a bone to pick with them.....oh, know.....I bet get outta here.......or there will be nothing left but skin and bones..........btw..I think my left thigh is about equal to one cheerleader..... =)) /:) :ymparty: B-) Whateverrrrrrrrrrr.....just a little food for thought........ :)) :(( :-o ;;)
Just trying to be on the lighter side of things......ok ..really ..I'm leaving...hugs. Michele. Fluffy in Hawaii and so tired of society's ridiculous fascination with 9 year old little boy figure women with breasts.... :( O:-)
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Michele, my belle, ringing for Jesus. You make me laugh!! I only worked housekeeping 1 night for 10 hours and now I'm off on employees comp., that may last for 45 days. I hope they get me cleared because I would like to work at least a few days as an RN before I retire. I go to the Dr again on 2/6 to get rechecked. Thank you dear sister for your mighty prayers. I haven't weighed since 1/28, don't have scales at home. I always weighed at the Y and at work. I am eating LDL foods, except last night at the BD party, but no sugar. The Dr. will weigh me on the 6th. My back still hurts, the pain get worse and eases up with pain meds and Physical therapy Tx. at the Chiropractor. Only the Dr. hasn't cleared me to swim. I'm like a fish out of water in many ways. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your prayers, I feel the spirit moving in my life, and I am going to be better when this is all over. Luv U sister, Leilani Mc Anear, see you on FB???
Last edited by omalani on February 8th, 2013, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Singforjesusmichele

Aweeeeeee that is amazing! Good for u on the off time.........God. Rocks doesn't he? SOOO happy for you sissy...I used to have a Facebook. But....I dunno.....I'm so busy......maybe in the summer. - there aren't too many girls here that chat- I really desire more support.......but I don't want to have to pay 16.50 a week on weight watchers online..plus I want to chat with believers......where is everyone? Also the way they have it set up is weird to speak to one another here.......any suggestions? Love you and sure wish you lived around the corner.......I really need the support...... B-) well I also hope youngest your hearts desire to get a couple of days work as a nurse one more time.....you gonna do any private nursing? Well, it's 900 pm here I. Hawaii...I just washed my hair and it looks like a Brillo pad....hehehehe her see some graham crackers over there on the counter ...fortunately they are all wrapped up ..so no easy access ....hehehehe n. Jesus please heal my friends back in the name of Jesus...all those pulled or torn muscles..Lord God maker of the universe , we ask for perfect healing on my sisters backside and her body and her spirit and her mind in the mighty name of the creator of the world....
Write again soon...love Michele .....
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I wish I lived around the courner form you too. I chat with Linda a lot on FB, She is always posting healthy and inspiring things. I also keep up with my children and grandkids. It seems like so many people are falling away from FB and maybe it's because of the time factor. Well I'm hungry now so it'm time to enjoy my banzos. :D
Keep those Heavenly thought processes going, I'm sure that you will do well at whatever you desire. Keep slaying those giants!! B-) my cool friend.
Last edited by omalani on February 8th, 2013, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I discovered Banana pancakes this weekend and I thought I was in heaven. I don't know how old those strawberry preserves were with splenda. I figured if there were any germs in them, nuking it would kill them. Wella, strawberry syrup!! :D Next time I'll mash a banana and put some frozen blueberries in it and nuke it and I'll have blueberry sauce on my pancake. I've got an idea for making manicotti with egg and butterbean pancakes. I have that recipe for stuffed zucchini enchiladas, I might make the vegitarian by stuffing them with chili. I'm not feeling up to housework but I sure like to cook. Wish I could write like you do. Your posts make me laugh, and when you laugh you breathe in more Oxygen. Your body needs O2 to burn fat, therefore laughing helps you burn fat!! ;) ;) Thanks for helping me burn some fat!! =)) & the rolling on the floor exercises!! Just do your best everyday and remember, it ain't over till the fluffy lady gets to skinnytown, and it's not over then either!! Buuuut I have it on good authority that Jesus is coming soon. Take care of yourself beautiful.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Hope you are doing well girlfriend. I am getting better, but still not up to the rigors of housekeeping. To bad they didn't detail me to the kitchen, I love to cook. I've been making all kinds of food, in fact my fridge is overfilled, had to take the grapes to Gina's cuz there is no room in my freezer. I bought a new dishwasher and it is great, really quiet and holds more dishes. I have my eye on a new built-in range, with double ovens. the one on top is smaller and has a broiler which would replace my toaster oven, and I will remove the fan above my stove and replace it with a microwave. That will clear up my counters and make it roomier. I won't replace my range till it dies and it's been here since the house was built in the 70's. (the oven door is avocado green!!) May God bless you as you slay the giants and give you wisdom liberally as promised in James 1:5. O:-) May the God of the angel armies be with you at work as you deal with the Philistines. Take care of yourself, we love you. (*)