Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Patapples

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by Patapples »

Where do I find the lemon-mustard baste?  It sounds like it might be good on salmon.    I bought Old Bay a few months ago and then never used it.  Maybe I will try it on chicken and see. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I don't always copy and paste who posted the recipe. Apparently this one was posted by VickiLynn:
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9449.0

I am going to try it on chicken sometime this week.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I am so excited today! A coworker told me that she and her husband (both Diabetics) were starting LDL last week. She has a screen name but is lurking. Saw her this morning and noticed her face was a bit thinner. I asked how she was doing and she grinned from ear to ear and said she lost 8 lbs in one week and her husband lost 9!! Asked what she was doing to loose and she said basically eating LDL foods and fruit only for supper. I just got in a case of corn thins and had a sleeve with me so I gave it to her. They are not eating grains and had not heard about the corn thins yet. Then one of our Pediatricians signed on today. She doesn't have much to loose if any, but says she loves beans and was really interested in looking at the recipes. I am sure she will be contributing some of her own later.

Hang in there Lisa and other newbies. It will happen for you too. I have been waiting 7 months for this. Persistence in staying with LDL, when no one notices or takes you seriously, has its own rewards!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Wow, 8 pounds in one week, how terrific.  I am happy with 1.  Only having fruit for dinner is such a change in the way I ate in the past, I am not sure I could do that.  Is it difficult for you to only have fruit for dinner?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Actually not difficult now. I thought I would not ever be able to do that, especially since DH looked forward to me coming home and both of us eating a delicious meal together. Then it was him who decided he could cut back at night. We started having only popcorn or watermelon. He was OK with me not fixing supper so if he got hungry, he opened a can of beans or chili. He was still loosing so that was OK with him. I was so surprised that I could manage on just a huge bowl of popcorn or half a watermelon at night. And I found out I was OK with just coffee in the mornings and an apple or pear around 10am. Then eat a regular lunch. Once you start, it is easy and as soon as the pounds start dropping off it is even easier.
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda RN, I am still waiting for someone to say something. I have so far lost 18lbs. And see alot of people everyday no comments yet. maybe I need to lose more for people to notice.  I do know the rewards will come, maybe I have to get to goal. But I have learned you have to have patience.      Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wither- When people don't say anything I think maybe they never saw me as being any heavier ;)!  Actually, a couple of people have asked me, rather privately, if I am feeling okay or have I been sick.  I guess they are afraid I have a terminal illness!  I know 18# has to be very noticeable on you as you are so close to goal weight!  Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on June 30th, 2010, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thank you Pam you are always so encouraging I just love your posts. You help more than you will ever know. Wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

No one really noticed the first 20lbs I lost either. I was the only one who has noticed my coworkers 8lb loss but it was because I was looking for it. I remember another coworker who said even loosing 49 lbs no one noticed, but when she lost that 50th lb then everyone was making comments. It will happen for you and it will seem very sudden, but you know how long it took, and you will still be happy.
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Yes, it did take along time. 6mos. to lose 18lbs. That's 3 lbs.a month! And I might say there were no months it came off faster. So yes I was happy because the scales were going down. Maybe that's why noone has notice. My husband has , ofcourse but he knows what I am doing.I haven't told anyone except my family. So I will be very happy when someone out of the blue says something. When I see someone losing I always try to notice, I know how important that is.  I have had to learn lot's of patience, and these boards have helped me with that.SO KEEP POSTING YOUR SECCESS,    :rose:      WITHER
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Thank you so much for helping me with my picture ! *love*
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh, Miss Donna, you are so welcome and good to see you now!
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Time to update my journal. I remember when I first started, I so wished I had already lost a bunch of weight so that I could share LDL with a little more credability. But I shared anyway and people smiled politely. After l;oosing about 20 more lbs, now they are really noticing. They still smile politely when I share LDL with them, but I can tell they are begining to think there must be something to it. Even though I have stalled, I am now getting several a day comments on loosing weight! So if you are a newbie wishing you had more loss to show off, be patient, it will happen, and YES, IT FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD!
Linda

Sharlet2808
New, but learning

Post by Sharlet2808 »

I really really want to be able to tell about this WOE.  I really enjoy my morning smoothies.  I take in a big cup full of fruit smoothie, and feel really dehydraded if I don't have it.  I will drink one or two of these before lunch.

Anyway, I'm not weighing but I want it to be obvious to those around me.  I want my pants to fall off.. (not while at work, but you know what I mean) so I can buy new clothes!!

Sheila
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWDBsfw/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

It will happen Sheila, keep you eye on the prize
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sheila- There is no doubt that LDL will "knock your pants off."  I have gone from a 24-26 pants to a 14-16.  I have lost 12" off my hips.  This is such a satisfying and exciting journey.  We look forward to sharing your victories.  Pam
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Linda, it worries me that I can't eat the smoothies.  I eat so much more then the other posts that I am afraid I won't lose.  I am not sure I can cut back.  I read others successes and it gives me hope but not sure I will be able to eat that way.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Pat,
Don't even try to cut back until you no longer feel hungry. It will happen when your body is ready. If you don't loose for several months, at least you are not gaining. Just keep eating LDL foods and no cheating and the shedding of pounds will kick in. Be patient. I did not start loosing for 5 months. I am again in a holding pattern. I tried eliminating this, that and the other thing, and finally gave up. My body is adapting to this lower weight and even though I want to get lower, there is no need of starving to get there.
Linda

Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Thanks Linda for the encouraging words.  I tried cutting back yesterday and only had a smoothie for dinner, just orange juice and a frozen banana,  then after my dh went to bed I began eating and eating all the wrong foods.  Guess I learn the hard way.  Even thought it might be best to just go back to counting calories,as it worked before, only thing was I had cravings and would binge off and on.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The orange juice may be a problem for you. It is a concentrated sweet. If I use juice at all in a smoothie, it is only a tablespoon or 2 to liquefy and actually water works just as well. For your smoothie, mix some frozen fresh fruit with the banana and just ice. If you are still waking up hungry, add some white beans to thicken and slow the absorption of the fruit.
Linda