I am back... first part of my day is great ... need to incorporate the last part

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
True
New, but learning

I am back... first part of my day is great ... need to incorporate the last part

Post by True »

Breakfast: hot lemon water
fruit smoothie: banana, blueberries, mixed fruit, slice of ginger, grapes, cranberries & water (no sugar)

Lunch: Balsalmic vinegar & olive oil salad: avocado, cucumber, celery, romaine and spinach, tomato, green onion & tomato (spices of pepper & sea salt).

Dinner: Need to work on this! Going to go look for some soup and especially bean soups!

I am doing really well with breakfast and lunch... started doing this this summer and have gotten in a pretty good habit... not forced and enjoy my first part of the day. Would like to be that inspired for the rest of the day too!

I haven't been here for a while but wanted to see how well I could keep the first part of my day with ease and feel really great.... I think I could continue with LDL with some great recipes for dinner time. During the summer my weight started to come off when I stayed with fresh produce of fruits and veggies. I think if I would get the rest of the day (dinner) in balanced the weight would fall off! :) So, I am going to search for soup recipes! Can't wait to start but first lets get the recipes! See everyone tomorrow!
T :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: I am back... first part of my day is great ... need to incorporate the last part

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back,True, and best wishes for success!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: I am back... first part of my day is great ... need to incorporate the last part

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back True.
Stay with unprocessed foods any time of the day and you can't go wrong!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

True,

I am not seeing any meat protein in your menu. Unless you are vegetarian, you should try to eat meat once a day. I find that I am less hungry and eat less other foods when I eat meat. That being said, I forgot to eat meat yesterday. I had fruit, tomato soup (has beans in it), and popcorn. I am really hungry this morning and I know it's because I didn't have enough protein yesterday.

Take care,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I agree.  Sometimes, I just don't want meat, but pay the next day by being too hungry, so I usually try to eat a little each day.  Sometimes, I eat a whole lot.  :thumbsup: JF
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

Thank you, Pam, Linda, Ollie and JF!

Yes, there are a lot of things I need to adjust as I am getting into the habit of eating well. Today wasn't one! Unfortunately, I seem to have to start, stop and start again! I do really well in the beginning of my day, if there isn't anything to temp me and I've gotten a good start... but like Ollie mentioned, protein could also be of help... I did have some avocado for lunch... I have noticed when one is eating, blending or juicing veggies... there are a lot of protein in them, as God intended... so that is good for me! I need to find that website again... I believe some fruits do too!
Tomorrow is a new day... I will see if I can get some soup made... I thinking if I get some foods prepared that will help my temptations!
Thank you for the support and welcome!,
M :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Cooking ahead and pre-planning are important to success on this plan.  I always like to have some entrees in the freezer!  Pam
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Pam,
I usually have some entrees in the freezer. Maybe a small meatloaf or a LDL burger. I know my meatloaves are gone. I might have one burger in there. Happy Saturday!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

Yes, I do believe to get into a routine one does need to be prepared. This summer I was able to do that with the garden right outside my door and just having lots of produce on hand. Getting into that type of habit and then preparing a lot of meals to freeze really is a great idea! At least having a huge pot of soup to start with!

Jotted down some recipes for soups and stews. I remember eating beans is very helpful also! This week I'd like to get on track!
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

Made some black bean soup in the crock pot after soaking them the morning before... added carrots, onions, celery, ham hock and spices. Turned out really good! I didn't have very much ham, so I suppose that is a good thing! Guess I'll freeze some for next week and see what other recipes I can conjure up!

Ate my regular salad and morning smoothie! Blendtex does a nice job with frozen fruits! (My Christmas present!) I received it before December but it was so worth it!

Checking out some more recipes for this weekend!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Good job True, your soup sounds delicious!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

True,
When I make bean soup. I add "Liquid Smoke" instead of meat. It gives it a good meaty flavor without adding extra fat and calories. HHHHHHUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM, now I getting hungry for beans!!!  :rolleyes:

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

I've never bought smoke type flavoring but should try it! There wasn't very much ham but even though there wasn't very much meat... it was good! Still trying to stay on track... not having very much luck yet... the last time I was... I only had fruits and veggies and a lot of them! Avocados have protein and right now they are very affordable! I am going to try to stock up on some fresh produce. I have lots of beans, peas and lentils; so should try to make a few of these recipes this weekend... oh, yes, I think I'll buy some freezer packages too! Okay, now I am getting excited!

Would like to know what others have done to stay on track! :)
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

What else Bean;s Bean;s good for you heart....I love me some beans....Got to share this with you.Iam also back on LDL after being gone for a while like 3 yrs,lol.Any way so I fix me pot of chili wed nite,eat chili Thurs for lunch and Thurs nite dinner cause we go snow in Tn where I live and just wanted something hot..Then brought me another bowl for lunch Fri..So in mean time my gf calls wants me to come after work to play cards and guess what????????She has made a big pot of chili for us to enjoy...... *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*So f.Friend I'am oh how nice, looking forward to that...lol...This reminds me of that episode on Andy Griffin where Andy had eat dinner at every ones house and think they had spaghetti,,,,Sorry got carried away....

CM In Tn
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I love liquid smoke on green beans with a little chopped onion. Really adds flavour.  wither
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

That's very cute about the chili! Well, I am still thinking about all that I can eat and what I need to improve on... it is getting easier when I have it in my home to fix...

I fixed some bean soup and my collie loves it! I am going to make some more tomorrow. 

I am also looking to make a list of foods I love that aren't processed.

One of my new loves, is Balsalmic vinegar and olive oil. I also enjoy avocados, cucumbers and anything that I can put in my salads for lunch! Another favorite that I think I'll incorporate are sweet potatoes! I keep saying mornings are for smoothies but here again, evening time would be great too!

Well, just journalling and hoping to get a great start for the end of this month!