Idahoali's Food Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Idahoali's Food Journal

Post by Joyful Friend »

I found El Pinto at Kroger's--no El Pato.  El Pinto is LDL friendly--picked up mild and hot.  Will enjoy.  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

El Pato Hot Tomato Sauce Mexican Style made with fresh chiles, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and garlic. This sauce is ideal for making enchiladas!

INGREDIENTS: WATER, RED CHILE PUREE (WATER, DRIED RED CHILE PEPPER), SUNFLOWER OIL AND/OR SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, CORNSTARCH, GARLIC, GLUCONO-DELTA-LACTONE (A NATURAL PRESERVATIVE).
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Idahoali

Post by Idahoali »

Thanks, Linda. :)  I haven't seen El Pinto around here, it must be all about the areas we live in!
Started LDL 11/09, Fell off wagon some time in 2010. After a lot of different experiments, and failures, I've decided to come back! RESTART 01/13/12
Stats:
Goal Weight: 155
1/13/12: 179.4 (doc's office says 183)

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Linda, The El Pinto medium salsa says that it was voted No.1 best tasting New Mexico Salsa.  the ingredients listed are:  Tomatoes with juice, calcium chloride, citric acid, roasted green chile, Jalapeno, sea salt, garlic.  No oils listed, and gluten free. Wonder why yours listed them?  It says all natural.  I think I'll like it.  May try some later tonight with corn thins and bean soup when I watch the ball games.  Thanks,  :thumbsup:  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I just googled it to see what it was in case I ran into it in a store.
It may be an older version.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It is a delicious  salsa.  I ate it with  Avacada slices, corn thins and bean mixture.  Soooo good.  :thumbsup:  JF
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Yum, I love fresh salsa! Sometimes I add thinly sliced cucumbers to my own recipe that's almost like yours. ( I use scallions). I also like to mix it half and half with reduced mayo for a very low fat salad dressing.

Joyful friend, you made me hungry! :drool: I'm waiting for my corn thins to get here. It's been forever since I tasted corn thins!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose