Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Post by Zesti »

Yesterday's Eats:
coffee w/creamer

BF: 1/4 cup steel oats w/ small apple and small peach.

Lunch: small serving of HM chicken soup, with collard greens.

Dinner: stuffed zuchini boat with chicken breast, grapes

1 cup of Eddies slow churn LF ice cream, 1/2 of a large KitKat bar...
NOW OUT OF THE HOUSE!! OH!And, tortilla chips with honey - to darn many!!!
Ate grapes until I couldn't eat any more!
Tonight I am going back to my popcorn at night. Knowing that is there is almost like a security blanket..
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Glad to hear everything is going well with you. I was home from Alaska for 4 weeks, then left for a camping trip in Oshkosh with the Pathfinders from my church. There were teens from all over the world and it was inspiring. Thousands of people camped on an airport that has buildings with showers and Porta potties UGH!! I was truly blessed and the meals were all vegetarian, so I figured I would lose, but they had processed vegitarian foods, like grillers, morning star farms hot dogs and crumbles. I tried to stay away from bread and took rye crisps and peanut butter to go with me because PB does not have to be refrigerated. I ate breakfast of apple slices with PB most mornings. 1 day I had scrambled eggs and fruit. Long story short, my weight stayed stable and I am loving my own veggie cooking!! I met people from all avoer and I love people, so I was really pumped up. I got a little sun, so I am now dark white. I only get 2 colors in the sun, red and dark white! I love brown and black skin, it is so attractive but I'm stuck with white that shows all the imperfections and varicose veins. I have just discovered how to use the computers at the library so I can touch base with y'all. Life is good.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi, So glad to hear you have a way of "posting" on a regular basis. LOVED the "far away from the frig thing"
I am back to spending more time on this thing and am choosing to do it at night. Further away from the TV and and the fridge ANYTHING to stop me from eating when I am not hungry. I was so good there for awhile not eating after 8pm. I think that is one of the things that helped me not to gain so much weight during the past month. I got away from eating my popcorn at night though. WHY? I just ran out and my store didn't have any organic so I didn't buy any. Now, I have some organic back in the house. Last night I had my last meal or was planning on it being my last meal, of popcorn. YUMMY! Then DH made veggie beef soup from my bone broth. I only had one bowl, could of eaten another 10 it was so yummy!! But, knowing it was all non-GMO and grass fed beef was some how extra satisfying..hmmmm..
Now, it's time for a big pot of beans. My cupboard is just full of bags of them.
Had a wonderful smoothie yesterday of pineapple, cucumber and mint.
XXOO
Yesterday's eats:
BF: coffee.w/creamer, oatmeal with a peach
Lunch: Small bowl of the last of HM chicken soup. large bowl of HM chunky veggie soup. I threw everything in the pot and simmered while eating chicken soup. Celery, onion, eggplant, fresh tomato, carrots, green pepper and cumin. Yummy! Now, it's all creamed together for "cups" of soup before my meals.
Dinner: smoothie with bowl of popcorn EVOO+salt.

8:30 snack. Veggie beef soup.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Today I had a big green smoothie for breakfast. Then it was to the Y for exercise and the hour of computer time at the Library. I will make some falafels with cucumber sauce for lunch and yellow squash and carrots with garlic, carribean seasoning and a tbs. of pineapple orange jc. concentrate for a glaze. That should fill me up! Then to night I will have some lentil soup and popcorn. I may have some fruit too. I have cut down my insulin at night and my morning blood sugars are 80-90mg/dl. I'm sure I will be off insulin within a month. I am eating a vegetarian diet With rare meat when dining with friends. Life is an abundant garden.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

How are you making the falafel's. Are you using a "bean batter?

Yesterday's Eats:
BK - coffee w/creamer
Lunch -cup of squash soup, cup of eggplant soup, peach
Dinner: Wild Salmon with rice pilaf. I was planning on eating 2- 6,9oz fillets, but after finishing one and 1/2 the rice. I was really satisfied. So, I have leftovers for todays BF or lunch...YEAH!
Snack - watermelon.
Dumb Stuff! DH had box of jalapeno cheddar chez-it's. :(( :(( so I had a handful and before I had the second handful...I yelled to myself STOP! STOP! STOP IT !!! Hey, it works..
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Hoorah for you GF!! :ymparty: I'll send you the recipe when it is perfected. I even enjoyed eating the mistakes. Of course I did make the sauce with Aldi's Greek yogurt dill dip, that I added finely chopped seeded cucumbers, cumin, pressed garlic and lemon pepper. They were so good!! Can't wait to get home and have the leftovers. Feelin' good!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Gosh, I see you are at the Library now. Man, I wish we had one of those"live" chat rooms on this thing now..
You are doing so good. I am so happy you got the weight off and on your way to Onederland. I am with ya on that train. I didn't want to push my luck any further...
I'm on my way to eat lunch now. Salmon something....ending with watermelon..
:ymhug: :ymhug:
Zesti
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Yesterday's Eat's:
BF - coffee w/creamer.
Lunch - Salmon on a bed of cabbage, tom, gp, cuc's, 2 tsp's of evoo.
Snack - watermelon, amazingly only about 8 cubes
Early dinner. Cream of chicken on a bed of wild rice, with a large serving of cauliflower.

DH was cooking. OK, so he used a can of Campbell's Cream of Celery soup. The FF version, or LF anyway.
I am surprised there was even a can of it in the pantry. Man, he must be down there checking everything out! Do Men nest?...lol..what ever it is, keep doing it hon!! This was one of those times for me, NOT to read the label out loud to him. I just have to get some creamed bean soups in the freezer. Cream celery and mushrooms are two of my favorites.
He only cooked a 6oz BL.SL chick breast, but it was done so perfect, when we ended up sharing, it was so delicious and satisfying, that's all that it took, even the cauliflower was steamed perfect. I had to eat almost the whole thing. So glad I left a little for him and for my cold salad today.
We ate and even had the kitchen cleaned up before 7:30. So happy he is a neat cook!
Around 10pm he went for the chips and salsa. I went for a nice hot shower. No more eating or thinking about food..YEAH!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

The library is closed on Sunday, so I am catching up. I need to go back and teach at the Y again because one of the instructors was sick this morning. Catch you later. Life is busy.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I know being so busy has helped me keep the weight off that's for sure. The weather is so beautiful now, I want to spend all day outside. But, I have a doc's appt and then onto grocery shopping.
We have a "clamping" trip coming up for 4 days. I want to be well prepared, so for me that taking a lot of pre- made dishes and fruit salads. Ms.H brought up bean salad again in a post. NOW, I have to have that too! She does it to me every time!! But, it really works for me too!

Yesterdays Eats. Tooth ache is gone..YEAH!
BF coffee/w creamer, steel oats and apples.
Lunch - wasn't hungry and didn't think about eating. But, I had a chicken to roast for 2 hours so it had to go in now...
Dinner- YEAH! I waited.. Beer can chicken w/o the beer. Just used water, and seasonings in the can, stuffed with an onion and covered with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper and s+p..Man oh, man was it good, so moist!!
corn on the cob, and cauliflower.

No eating for the rest of the evening, even though I ended up staying up for some time..

It was a good thing we had left over diet soda in the house. I really needed the can! Wow, what a good use for diet soda!! I had a taste. YUCK! I think I would much rather eat the can!! It was easy to throw out the soda. I removed all the wonderful crispy skin and had both dark and white chicken. I ate until only satisfied and not stuffed. I figured NOT eating earlier would bring on a binge, but it didn't.

Yesterday I made steel oat apple cup cakes..In a pot I put 4 stevia leaves from my garden, chopped 4 apples, simmered with water and a tsp of cinnamon. Spooned apples onto bottom of muffin cup, scooped 1/4 cup each of oatmeal on top and set in fridge. I love haveing a just a grab and eat for BF in the mornings. I love em cold too, so I can grab them when I am out the door. Oatmeal is working great for me.
I have to weigh in today at my doc's appt. I am actually looking forward to this. I tend to put more "truth" into her scale, as I only weigh in once or twice a year with her. And, when it's down from the last time it's always a good thing! here goes.............
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have eaten marinated bean salad and just rinse off the sugar syrup. It is not the best but better than eating other things. If it is made with sugar, you can rinse it off, but HFCS is completely different. It starts up cravings in me. Last nite I just had to have some peanut butter but I limited it to 3 rye crisps with PB and all fruit cherry jam. I am doing fine today as well. I went to the bank and I am paying off my bills and saving some as well. I am moving to another friends place tomorrow so I have new lessons to learn. DH wants to go to council with a pastor so I am reluctant but open to God's guidance for me. Live is good.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi,
Yet, another reason to love Libraries. I get to see you more often..Yeah!
Your attitude is amazing! Keep it up! On some days, every minute is a new lesson to learn. It reminds me too of who and what is in control, and it's not me, but I am good with that! And no one is going to ever say "she never laughed" about me. Besides, crying gives you puffy eyes!
Maybe the "counseling" will help to bring a better "closing" to the end of the relationship for your husband.
God's strength with get you through your journey, maybe this is just a short side trip for reasons you don't know about yet... In either case, I pray and wish you the best always..and am always thinking of ya!

My weight is coming down. And is maybe the reason I have been so yacking today on this thing ALL DAY, not just here either...LOL..
I was feeling like I was going to eat all day long because of the weight loss. DUMB! I know it, but I do that all the time..Oh, let me correct that please! I did do that all the time. Today I did not do it. I didn't get my laundry done either, but hey, I can also live with that!
Now I am going to go cook some cod. simmer it a fresh tomato broth and then dump on a huge bed of organic spring green salad mix I bought yesterday. It was on sale and I went for it.Lots of different kinds, already washed and cut up..Spoil me this!! :D
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Oh, quick note. I bought a bean mix in water in a glass jar. I opened, rinsed and add a cup of fresh pineapple. That was good stuff..Seeing the words corn syrup and dehydrogenated oil on anything these days. I don't even bring it in the house. It makes or brakes how I spend my money. Now, it's all the CBS, and CPS about canned foods, GEEZ, I am starting my own Urban Farm, or in my case Suburban Garden..
In the mean time. My challenge when shopping this days is carrageen. If it's not one thing it's another..........
Why can't manufactuers make it the same way God grows it. As long as they put it in a jar, we'd still buy it and they will still get rich!!.. :-W :-W :YMSIGH: :YMSIGH: 8-X 8-X
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

The HFCS causes you to crave it so you buy and eat more. They know what they are doing. It is time people woke up to this chemical warfare before it's too late. I am moving to another friends home to day and I didn't realize I had so much stuff!! Today life is busy. Keep up the good work girlfriend.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

My back has been feeling a lot better so I have been keeping busy for longer periods of time.
I started my To Do List for this winter, along with letting DH know, "me think's I want to be a Suburban Gardner" starting real small of course, but the grass is going to start disappearing and something "food-ish" will be taken it's place. A new adventure begins..!!

BK- oatmeal and coffee w/creamer
Lunch - not hungry-
Dinner - was late...cup of Israeli soup, 6 oz (before cooking) of simmered Cod. I simmered in the left over broth I had from yesterdays fish chowder..YUMMY! and it did the trick.
Late night--1.2 a peeled peach, and 1/2 of peeled grape fruit. I was full and stopped eating but kept it close by as DH was right next to me with the Ruffles...I didn't have a ONE!!

I am excited to weigh in at the end of the month. I didn't make my doc's appt, so I didn't weigh in..
I have so much energy, I feel like I am on CRACK!, well, ok. So, I don't really know what that feels like but I have a lot of energy, appetite is down, energy and mood is up. Feeling GOOOOOOooooooooD!!

It's to late for lunch again. 4pm...so I will have warmed up chicken on a huge bed of cold crisp, the last of my, spring greens. And, plan to just have popcorn later this evening. If I get to it..I am on a roll here with all this paper work and don't want to quit. Figuring if I don't finish this time around, I might as well go get out the bbq and burn it all. I am so tired of looking at it!!
\M/ \M/
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I may have to come out to inspect your garden when I visit my sister. My SIL just told me we are swimming at my grand daughter's pool tonight and having a bbq with meat and brats. I told him I'll bring the veggies. My family here in Iowa are firm carnivores!! 8-| I think I'll take a big bag of popcorn with me! Life is challenging.

PS: I didn't take some popcorn which would have been a help. I am trying to learn to nibble popcorn instead of eating it by the handful. Live and learn. I am going to be a big loser, L-) with God's help.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi, somehow I missed this post. I hope you had fun at the bbq anyway...Sometimes it's only a pot or two, but it's my garden and I am sticking to it!
Gosh, didn't think it had been THAT long...Whoa!..ok..all is good now...I am where I should be..
I am bringing this to the top. It's time to clean out my spice cupboards. It's time to make some......... ZESTI ESSENCE..!
I had a wonderful herb garden this year and thinking of next year's already..
Mary's post motivated me to "create" all kinds of different concoctions. This year, I am going to actually write down what I came up with. I always have " little bits of this and that's".

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2120#p16625.
Oh, and another Thank You Marysimmions goes out...I had quarts of the Israeli Soup in the freezer! what a life saver! I love that stuff!! and it has kept me on track the last few days until I could get to the store.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am moving in to a newly remodeled apartment in 17 days!! :o) I paid for November, $399 with electric, water and cable paid. I have a 6 months lease. It has a galley kitchen with a full sized electric range and refrigerator. I am so happy. :D Now if we can get this mediation done I can sell my house and won't have to pay a mortgage too. I might be able to do some traveling. I had to cancel my trip to Mexico to see my brother, maybe I can go in Feb. Life is good.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi,
Wow, that's a good deal. I will be keeping my fingers crossed with the mediation thing. I hope it works out the way you want it. I will pray it does...You are always in my prayers..
Now that you will be haveing your cataracts removed before you visit your brothers, when you do go. You will be able to see your brother...I have to have that done too. Keep putting it off, going to stop doing things like that..
Oh, now that it has gotten all cloudy outside. I have more time to play here. So, me thinks I will go check out the ticker tape thing..

LINDA, Yes I finally tried the steel cuts oats and I loved them. I will use them again too. It helped me to get back to eating B,L,D, into a routine. Which works well for me. Especially this time of year..Now I am back to just LDL B, L and dinner. I missed just eating my popcorn for dinner.. =))

Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Popcorn! That's what I had for dinner last night, at the movies. I wanted to see a comedy, so I saw This is where I leave you. It wasn't that funny! It is about a very dysfunctional family. It makes my family look perfect, in comparison. Anyway it was a night out and I enjoyed the popcorn. I had a glass of water and a glass of 100% concord grape juice (my favorite juice). I am going shopping for a new swimsuit at Sally's (Salvation Army). Then there is prayer meeting tonight. Another full day of fun, oh and I need to stop at my lawyer's to check on mediation. Life is busy today!