Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Zesti
Master Member

Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Post by Zesti »

Hello. Trying to start my own daily journal. Here is a "computer, blgging twit! so bare with me please.
Wendy, sorry to have sent such a long blog on your page.... I am getting it now...I think! trying to start my own..
Zesti..
December 2013..I pulled this up from Wendy's Food Journal. I miss her!..This is the very first post I made after after I ordered the book but before I received it..
March16, 2012
Wendy, I had time to kill one day and thought "Hey, go to the blogs" see if anyone else is as confused as I am..LOL. I had the book and have read thru it several times. In my opinion. This site really is the place to start for newbies who are waiting for their books and want to get started right away. I was feeling discouraged and feeling "just another program that I will just fail at". Something tells me you have felt the same way as many of you all out there have. I stayed with your blog until my hips went numb! I had to take a breaK! but even then couldn't wait to get back. So, when I did get back I had to cheat and skip all the way to the last page. I felt like I was turning to the last page of a really good book wanting to know the ending. Oh, was I so happy to still see you all still here...I need to be accountable for my actions with food. All parts of learning this journy are going to be a challange for me. Now, I am up to it. With all the support from others to and from you, have been nothing short of ABSOLUTELY AWESOM! I will list my food intake...Now, don't be to shocked at first. I can put some food away! But my favorite words over and over from Roger were " Eat until you are full" eat when ever, where ever BUT eat and eat until until you are full!! On other diets I used to dream of just sitting down and eating a bowl or corn or lima beans. Now, I am encourage to do so. Gotta love that! So I will start with my meal plan. I can use all the help I can get. I love to cook but have been away from it for awhile. I will stay simple at first just to get the hang of it. I have been a no fat cook, a gourmet cook, a I LOVE BUTTER cook, a vegitaion cook, and a "clean out the pantry cook. I do miss it though, but have a back problem at this time and can't spend time on my feet ( or chair in the kitchen). I have 3 crock pots. It's time I sent my hubby up to the attic to bring em' on down, dust off and get started..Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I am looking forward to being a member of the LDL Family...Oh I will list the time frames because I want to monitor my blood sugar too and see if that has been a problem over the years not being able to stick with any kind of program. I stopped eating breakfast in the morning 37 years ago..hmm. I will start with yesterday and post the days after my meals. This gives me a TRUE account of what I ate at the end of the day. Meaning: even the cheats or bad days get reported. The truth and nothing but the whole truth.

Waking: 0630 Coffee with stevia and ff coffeemate
0930: no breakfast. Called in early to work.
at work guzzled a blueberry V8. Not a habit, just thought I would tell my tummy sorry but was thinking of it.
2:30 home from work, should eat but not hungry and took a nap.
4:30 woke up starving and thought I would just go off the program this time ( How many times have I said that!!!!)
While cooking lunch" I snacked on cold refried beans like peanuts. Just popping into my mouth. Oh, found olives stuffed with garlic. The gigantic ones. LOVE EM!
2 garlic stuffed olives
didn't count beans
Chicken breast ( flattened to cook real fast)
cut up left over meat loaf and added to pot. they looked lonely.
Added ff, SF South Western Bean mix I found at the health food store. (yummy) will make large quanities of that mixture and freez to have on hand. (Geat cold or hot. Add meat for lunch, chick broth to make a soup or just add veggie/broth for a soup.
1 cups ofcut up veggies, celery, cucumbers, radishs and fresh portabello mushrooms.
I cooked enough for 2 thinking I would have leftovers. I didn't. But kept in mind. Eat until you are full. so I did.
yeah...I made it unitl 8pm.
8pm - 9pm Didn't back slide nor ask Hubby to make the emergency MnM run to 7-11. He went. Bought peanuts and offered to me. I said no.
So if anyone out there gets hit by a meterite that's becasue I have NEVER said no thank you to any kind of ANYTHING that resembles food in a very long time. I am sorry. The universe must have heard me and panic set in...LOL
10:30 pm Snack time with Hubby
1cup fronzen corn
1 cup Lima beans ( had microwar PC in the back of my mind and frozen grapes) But, now hold on. Bare with me so I can see these words for myself. I asked myself if I was satified. Was I craving anything or just want to eat for the sake of eating cuz it's what I do when the TV ..Hold on it's coming..NO I said: " I wasn't craving chocolate ( watchout Meterhead), I wasn't hungry, I was statified. I even patted myself on the back.. Here, in front of me, on this planet, lays, popcorn and frozen grapes. Which is my snack food every night... and I didn't eat it...I didn't eat it becasue I was satified and didn't want to eat it....
1:30am off to bed..slept like a baby. No acid reflex.
Thanks for you time. Sorry so long. I will keep them short next time. I just wanted to say "Hello" and see if I would really hit the send butten on get this out there...
Last edited by Zesti on December 2nd, 2013, 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Post by Zesti »

double post deleted
Last edited by Zesti on January 11th, 2014, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

OK! I moved the scale down to the basement, and just couldn't resist. I started the program off and on thinking I could use up most of household items on hand. I had at least 10 bags of frozen fruit in freezer and I always have plenty of fresh veggie and frozen on hand. ( One has to eat them though to actually fill ones tummy)
The last shopping trip was a week ago today. I have done 2 shopping trips with LDL in mind. I rationalized all of this before I stepped on the scale yesterday AND the time that I stepped on it during the week  3 days ago since I have started eating ( and enjoying) all of these beans! I am down 8-5 pounds!! Yeah! I'm headed in the right direction. Yeah again! I have not been perfect as you ( and I) will see. But, what truly amazes me is that in the past the M+M's would have sent me right into a binge and I would have stayed there until the famous "next Monday. But, later last night I was back on LDL and today, excited about going shopping.

Stayed up to late. Got up hungry:

Noonish breakfast-2 cups Coffee w/ff creamer and stevia
guzzled smoothie made from yesterday. While making a new batch
2 cups of black beans with an egg.

2 bran cakes made with egg whites. ( total of 5 made) made with 1/4 cup of bran and egg whites

Lunch: sirloin steak between bran cakes with mustard.

Dinner 6:00ish Bowl of black beans,
1 bran cake ( finished them up)
Yellow squash,
Dallop of FF sour cream

Snack- smoothie, bag of popcorn

12am. Hubby made late night trip to 7-11 and brings me home 3 small bags of M+M's. I ate 2 wondering the whole time why? I wasn't really craving them.
1:30ish bedtime. Slept like a rock, which is weird for me. But, I can live with it!
This morning, stepped on the scale and am 9.5 pounds to down and 'getting on with the getting on! I won't step on it again until the end of March and then once a month.
Next day: Up at 6:46 with coffee and posting.
8:30 new day begins with smoothie already made and planning my meals for the day.
Thank you so much for your understanding and support!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Other than the use of the bran flakes, you are doing great.
Just use them up and not get anymore.
Since you have been successful on LDL before, you know how addicting the grains are.
And now we are finding out the genetic modification is why.
So happy you are loosing so much so quickly.
It is a wonderful motivator.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Hi Zesti, welcome aboard! I look forward to getting to know you.
Shari

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back, Zesti, to this wonderful way of eating and these very helpful and supportive boards. You are doing great, but as Linda said, I would eliminate any grains- very addicting!  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Zesti, where are you???? Just read your fun posts but haven't seen you on here since March 18th~

How are you doing? Please come back and let us offer any support you need. You're missed!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Too quickly, a year has passed since I have been here. I went in another direction to lose weight, and of course! didn't. always trying to get the quick fix!! I am back on track now. I pulled my LDL book out. Shopped until I dropped for all the goodies I have missed--like fruit and smoothies and beans...lots of beans:o My Hubby lift town for 2 weeks. This is the time to get this in my head and down as every day living. I think I can do that with this plan.
The hardest for me is breakfast. Never been a breakfast eater. OH, I remember the 2am one's.haha. Then I could eat and eat and eat.....Why is it that once I make a decision confusion sets in?? I get so frustrated with what to eat and when to eat it...That is silly now. I pulled out my book again. And, it's easy. Eat when you are hungry and eat all you want. I have that old mentality of "if it's not restricted" it's not a good diet. Well, no more diets for me. This is going to be my way of life. I am going to do what Roger says. Put the scale away for the first month and just eat. I eat alot of beans now because of the sweet cravings. That does work. It's just funny eating a bowl of corn, but HEY! I love corn.
I made turkey meatloaf yesterday. It's a MUST for me to have something on hand just to grab. But no protiens after lunch, so I do eat a lot of it at lunch...My sleep pattern is so messed up. I used to be an early riser. Now I don't get to bed much before 3 so when I wake. Confusion of, Is this breakfast or lunch. No more confusion. I eat fruit in the mornings, now I will have the meat loaf for lunch and the BB mashed potatoes...
I have posted before today, but they never showed up. I look forward to coming here and reading others post. Still thinking I am not doing this right. But, like I said. No more confusion. I am just going to do it.
Breakfast- 30 minutes after rising
de-caf coffee, banana and apple.
looking forward to lunch.
Last edited by Zesti on January 11th, 2014, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Welcome back, I love your handle and you seem to have a lot of zest for life and a good sense of humor. You might try jencita's banana pancakes. They are delishous anytime breakfast, lunch or dinner. Greener bananas seem to work well because they have more starch and less sugar. They are like crepes, I wonder how they would taste with chicken and savory flavors??? I love to experiment with foods. I feel like a network cooking show sometimes. Don't ever apologize for long posts, some of us have the gift to gab!! Besides, when I am reading and answering blogs, I am not eating. The computer is in the farthest room from the TV and kichen, so blog on and we'll both be losers!! L-) hehe =))
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Are you there Zesti, the boards have been empty for so many days. How are you doing?? Have you tried any new veggies or fruits lately? Keep in touch. ;;)
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omalani, Thank you so much for responding. I too, was wondering where everyone was. I had a few post that didn't show up. I just finished a post to you and can't find it anywhere. Maybe just a glitch in the system,or I am the glitch. All this posting stuff is still new to me so it's probably is me and nothing to do with the computer. I'm just not going to tell anyone that!! haha.
I had a wonderful 5 day lead on life. Master plan was to get my LDL plan in gear while husband out of town for 16 days ) origanailllly thought 10), friends busy with work and families ect, ect. Boy OH By OH did I have a plan. LDL book reading, menu plans, and then last but not least GROCERY SHOPPING. I hate all other kind of shopping. But, I have always enjoyed grocery shopping. I started working on buying ONLY WHAT'S on my list 20 years ago and still don't have it down! but I keep trying. Now, this time around with hubby out of the picture. I did REAL good...I got back on the track with a train that just couldn't be stopped.. I was feeling the groove for five days and just to tempted to not get on the scale and it was making me so excited every morning when I did. So I did everymorning...Then the door bell rang!..... It was LIFE! I'mmmmmm baaaack...Which means...Girlfriends hamburgers and french fries. And even with that slip, the very next day I got back on the train. Opened my book and actully followed Roger's slip up and forgive me menu ( my name for it) first slip was with the alcohol, but real real good with the food. Second slip. No alcohol but had the HB and FF. Now, in the past it was always. Well, since I blew it, I might as well blow it for the rest of the meal, then the day, which turns into the week and ends up being a month later. Here I am again fat wondering what the check is wrong with me? Then when it's quiet and I sit listening to the birds. I hear a soft but very strong and loving voice in my heart. "Not a darn thing Zesti" get back on track and I am here to help you. Love God.!!!!!!
I lost 6 pounds in 5 days with just me in the world. But, that is not really how life is, is it? So now I have today and tomorrow before hubby comes home. But I am back on track. I will be having many and I mean MANY moothies. I bought enough fruit when he left for an army and have to use it up. I will freeze what I can. I knew I should have bought more berries. so easy just to freeze. Mango's?? don't know yet. But I am gonig to try...But now. I will stick to Rogers DON'T weigh for a month...I am gonig to put my scale in a box and tape it with duck tape saying don't open for a month!! You see, for the first 5 days I was eating all the right things with no thought as to how much or when. Only the points of the program, NO PROTIEN after lunch. I began menopause with full BANG!!! and All I wanted to eat was sweets. I even had days when I would put like 6 tablspoons of sugar in a cup of tea with milk. My old remedy for PMS. And, Hershey is a family name. Now, they aren't the actual chocolate makers, But really! One has to be loyal to family don't they? I guess I am just a REAL oh,oh! I mean WAS a real loyal cousin. So, I knew going in to this from the old Atkins days. The first five or even 14 was going to be a struggle. But I am doing my very BEST-EST! to listen to Roger. So, when the craving hit. Man, oh man can I put down some fruit. And it works better than chinees food too. I ate until I thought I was going to pop. 15 minutes later, hungry again. So there I was again, with fresh fruit, washing it down with s smoothie....Atkins past was never hard for me about the breads and pasta's. It was always about the fruit. And I would go off that plan big time, and it wasn't even with choclate. It was fruit. My Mama raised us right with our diets. Lots of fresh veggies out of our garden year around ( San diego Calif) and fresh fruit trees. But, I gotta say here. fruit was cheap in the stores then what we didn't grow. And, there were 7 of us. But, today. It's just my husband and I and it's not cheap. I am really trying to go organic but have to learn life's lessons of baby steps.....I digress...sorry, tend to do that alot..I was eating butter beans for mashed potatoes, LOVE IT! tukey meat loaf, so like I said. I was setting myslef up to succeed. Now, with the few days of "not so good" I didn't gain. I maintained. So the end result is after 13 days. I am still at a 5 pound weight loss. Feeling really good about it too...Again, thank you so much for responding. It just made my day.
You guys are still out there and I appreciate the love and support coming my way and hoping I can be and do for others also. I don't facebook though. Gosh just getting this down some days makes me want to pull my gray hairs out. That means I would be bald!!!
My committment to YOU for me so I can be held accountable for my actions. ( oh, there's that thing called life little lessons again) Today I start "trying" to eat breakfast at breakfast, have a snack, eat my lunch at lunch time and see if I am getting hungry in between meals. And of course, eating only the right way, which is the LDL way".. I want to stop the mindless eating. I am as far away from "normal" as anyone can get somedays and most times. But here I am on the 12 day and NOT craving sweets, breads or even hot really good breads I love to bake..Yes, I know I said bread twice...
I hope you are doing well. I have followed you all over the site. Clicking and clicking everywhere. I am getting better at clicking my way back now to 2013. Oh, just real quick here before closing. Best girlfriend just left from a 3 day visit. She is ordering the book as we speak.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

OK? where did the spell check go on my last post............Ahhhhhhh. My Father also said. DON'T use a calulater, use your brain. I guess these days that means. Don't use spell check use you brain...Now we KNOW I in trouble...haha
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

What a nice surprize to get such a wonderful note from you. :D I can get a little obsessive with spell check, but I loved English in school and hated math. I also liked Algebra, I could add A's, B's and X,Y Z's but not numbers. I like to play Scrabble and now Word's with friends, but tried Suduko and just didn't like it. Wheel of Fortune used to be one of my faves. Grocery shopping has also been my favorite kind of shopping and I can spend hours reading lables and recipes. But at least it keeps my mind active. I don't watch the food network so much, just an occasional program. But I also love thrift shopping. Love to get a bargain. I bought a sweater in Monterey that I just love, it has a hood that is like a shawl and looks glamorous, so I could imagine wearing it on long walks in the country or by the lake. But since I went back to work on the night shift, BAM life happened. I don't lose weight as well when I don't get sleep and I find myself wanting to eat, to stay awake. Only 6 more shifts till I retire. The good thing is that the girls at work have been inspired by my success and have smoothies at night instead of eating chips. They also eat popcorn instead of candy. I have been thinking about getting a juicer, to go on a juice fast. Nothing will ever replace my smoothies as they are almost an artform with me. Especially with summer coming up. I hope brain freezes don't kill your brain cells or I'm in trouble!! :-o
Tonight I'm taking a Taco salad to work in honor of Cinco de Mayo. :ymparty: I don' t worry about eating the meat at lunch because with shift work, when the heck is lunch?? 8-| I eat meat basically for seasoning anyway. I love this WOE and I feel so much better, that it is not so much about losing weight any more, although I just got rid of 2 big bags of clothes. Anyway my grandson is here so I'll get back later. Ciao
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I post menu yesterday and have no idea where it went? So, I will start with yesterdays "plan" for evening meal, because all went as planned until dinner.

Dinner 12am. Huge veggie salad,,,Have to pick up Hubby from airport and will hv it ready to go for me in the case, I am hungry and he is not..
Late night snack--smoothie

Wednesday morning report: Did very well. Had my coffee, 30 lster orange (HUGE!) and 1 banana
Lunch 3pm---Chicken, asparagus..
8pm maybe it's a craving?? 3 cups of bean salad. Started with two and said to myself. Yeah, I could do with a little more. Perfect.
1am--home from airport. Sleepy, which is weird for me, but really great because of me trying to get my body time clock back to normal. haven't been sleepy until about 5.am
Wasn't in the mood to eat. I wasn't really hungry but knew I wanted a little of "something-something" hubby not hungry. I grab a hand full of roasted soy nuts and glass of water..That just did the trick..Yeah, no bingeing tonight..YEAH OH DOURBLE YEAH for me...lol

Wednesday 8 May:
9 a.m.sleep walk to coffee pot. While waiting for magic drips. Had supplements perscribed with 8oz water...
set stove timer for 30 minutes.
1 banana
1 HUGE orange--satified..

Lunch will be 2 or 3 cabbage rolls w/veggie salad
Dinner--veggie soup- maybe salad-maybe not
after dinner snack--cold roasted brussel sprouts--LOVE EM'!!
Snack--smoothie and popcorn. "Movie Night" at home..Ok. That's the plan. I love it when it comes together..
Now lets see what in store for my day.............
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I am back tracking now and reading all the old posts. Wow! there is just so much good information.
I am doing very VERY well for me when it comes to binge eating. I will just eat beans or corn until I can eat no more and work on issues inside me. Don't know what it is yet! But, with this program I no have to worry about it.
Eating corn really does help with the sugar cravings. And, EATING ALL YOU WANT IS MY FAVORITE. ..I am starting to show the good signs now of over eating eating this way. It really is so much easier to work with..when I am craving bread. The beans come out, when it's sugar than it's "Smoothie time" or corn and sometimes both.. I am not doing "fake" sugars anymore and use Stevia on "THOSE DAYS" that it has to be extra sickingly sweet. This will really be tested when summer time hits. But, I am not going to worry about that now. Sticking to the plan just as Rogers says. Oh, had a nice surprise by my best friend, also best bingeing buddy. Knew it was going to happen. this time didn't worry about it. Wanted to see and feel what I was actually feeling, so this time I paid attention to that. Ok, so we got the regular FOOD TO FEED 20 Chinese order. Also, added from the diet menu an order of the steamed broc, with shrimp, chicken and other chinese veggies. No MSG, no sauce, just all MY FAVORITES steamed together. And I didn't have to do any of the cooking either! Stopped by donut shop. Only ordered4 donuts, but he gave us 2 free..Now, if I wasn't dieting or changing my life style eating plan. That WUDDA NEVER happened. LOL all the way home to eat. I never even touched the rice. I had the pork fu young, 1/2 pooh pooh platter, steamed veggies and was satisfied. Never went back for seconds. Has to be first for me and had plenty of left overs of course...Next day. donuts calling my name..ok I say, I hear you. AND I WILL EAT YOU, but first.
I had the steamed dish ordered the day before, and a big bowl of beans. I forgot about the donut until 2 hours later and then only had one because THAT WAS ALL I WANTED.. wait...has the world split in half? will have to look out my window and see if the universe is still there!! I didn't get down on myself, I didn't feel like a failure,
I didn't DO ANYTHING WRONG. AGAIN!! I didn't give up either. I had two more days to get through.. I just didn't want the left overs, I boiled one of my favorite things in the world. Chicken. got back to my smoothies because I really missed them. Girlfriend finished leftovers, but left me with donuts..Now I know this might be the end of the world after I say this because man OH man has my eating in the past been so out of control and this is something I always DREAMED of doing, WANTING to do, CRIED over doing..ok you get the picture...here it is...I didn't want the donuts. At that moment I wasn't craving them, not even anything sweet for that matter. But I know the danger Will DANGER Will Robinson, of having them in my house. So here it is..I threw them in the trash pulled them out again.
I have a "clean trashcan" lol ( oxy moron) I pulled them out of my trash, ran them under water, soak them pretty good, and here it is....I threw them in the trash and that is where they stayed. Not to be boastful or bragging here. BUT I DID IT AND THEY NEVER CAME BACK IN. I MADE MY TRASH CAN HAPPY AND THAT MADE ME HAPPY..
I am so proud of myself that I am STILL on a total high from doing that.....each day that goes by now, I eat less and less without thinking about it. I am one of those people that can eat the 10,000 calories in a day with no problem. I know there are other bindger wanna NOT Bee's out there. Hang on. Stop thinking and just do what Roger says EAT, EAT, and EAT SOME MORE if you have too. Just eat what is in the book. It was the beans and corn for me. All those "supposable "wrong carbs" like beans, peas, corn , are now my best of best-tist friends now. When I know I am going to binge, I start with party with my best friends first.
I haven't even craved bread since I started this program. Just thinking about it now I can LOL, but know I need to get some of those corn thins everyone talks about. But know if I do eat them now. It's just a little of that something, something I want with soups, chili and tuna fish. Roger hasn't gotten me to give up REAL MAYO yet, don't know if I ever will. I don't like the taste or after taste of the LF or LIGHTS, and really? I don't like and
Pretend to be some other kind of food. BUT! I get my little dish out and do the DIP. I made a "legal" BLT wrap, used the turkey bacon, extra tomato and did the dip. didn't use all the mayo either. Not even because the tomato was so good and the lettuce. I made myself another w/o the bacon..I was one happy puppy, gotta tell ya.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I know we are sisters!! I partyed Sunday and Monday. Like you I started with the LDL (BFF) food and at the end if the night, had a small square of Pizza and a few potato chips. The rest of the pizza stayed in the fridge. Before, LDL the only time I quit eating was when the food was gone!! Then Sunday night my grandson wanted chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with country gravy. His favorite veggie is green bean cassarole. So this southern girl was in a tight situation!! (Remember the Hawiian Islands are the most southern state, and I was raised in southern Calif.) My daughter had some turnip sticks that were 2 days old, so I know no one was going to eat them. I diced them and added some onion and that satisfied the potato department, I put a small helping of cassarole on my plate,(I was concentrating on the green beans and lied to myself that they were a veggie). I filled the rest of the plate with salad. When I finished that, I had another small helping of cassarole,(I believed the earlier lie!!) and there was lots of steak left over so I had a small piece. I also had a taste of the lemon bars. I took a plate home to my husband and I went to the movies with my grandsons and daughter. On the way we stopped at DG and Jacob got 3 kinds of Gummies and some sugary drinks. No one wanted popcorn, they were "too full" I had one little gummie and that opened the gate. I ate more but didn't eat as fast as Jake so they were gone before I could eat as many. Anyway after 2 days, my weight was up 4 lbs. today I was down 2.5 lbs. So I am happy with that. I am back on track today and it feels good. Got too get ready for work, 5 more shifts after tonight!! WooHoo
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Feeling better each day.
12pm coffee w/creamer
12:30 Smoothie- ban, pair, apple,sm orange

4:00pm Large chicken salad, with veggies of: brus sprouts, mush,onion,celery,tom, 5 black olives, red pep garlic powder,
EVOO oh forgot the lemon juice, canalope

6:00 pm soy nuts and cantalope AWESOME cantalope
9:00pm popcorn, readied orange and more popcorn.

12am--apple and bedtime. I hope I hope I hope...

OOPS..been using coffemate..darn, darn, darn!! No so good stuff. I am real good at reading labels. HA! guess I missed this one. Maybe because Mom and Dad did too. It's a part of the family...Oh well, guess it's time to go. Won't buy anymore!!!

Is there a non-dairy creamer that is good for you? or at least not as bad
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Trying to make a dairy look-a-like is called processing!
I SAY IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE CREAM, USE THE REAL THING UNTIL YOU CAN GET OFF.
I used Half and Half in the beginning until I learned to drink it black.
Every now and then, I use Simply Bliss in my coffee as a desert.
Just know that it will likely slow the weight loss, but if it keeps you on track with the rest of the plan, slow is OK.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

THANK YOU Linda for the reminder. I am loving that.lolol..OK. you called me on it. So, now I am going to add cream in some way or other to my coffee each morning until I AM OFF THE JUNK!!!!! I will spend an extra 10 hours in the store today reading all the cream food labels before I purchase. Ok, maybe it won't take 10 hours but I will find something. Might even just do the ff milk with 1/2 ff milk and the other half EXPRESSO...
I did well yesterday ..My salad was huge for lunch, so I wasn't even hungry for a dinner meal of salad. I cooked DH salmon for his dinner and my portion I saved for lunch today. ..One of the things I love about this WOE was getting back to UNPROCESSED foods. I am surrounded by "do it the fast way" eaters. I didn't grow up with fast foods/processed foods really. Moving here from So.Calif has caused UGLY changes in my diet. But, I am getting there...I love you holding me accountable. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I am doing it myself but on some days it just really feels like a well needed HUG!
So, here we go.
Didn't eat last night veggie salad for dinner just wasn't hungry after that huge chick salad for lunch.
Later when a handful of soy nuts was sounding good to me. I popped the corn, grabbed the fruit. Still had the nuts, but not the whole container. VICTORY!
Later when hubby was eating his dinner as we were watching the TV. I had my popcorn and fruit...I was totally satisfied...just happy feeling. An hour later, Midnight I went to bed and snoozing by 1am. Also a plus for me.....Only up twice during the night.....
Got straight 5 hours, then up and getting started by 11am. that is good for me so i will take that.
It's now Today, 10 may.
11:am coffee ( store day is today) used decaf w/1/2 the CM I usually use until I get to store.
11:30 canalope, and reading post.
3:30 where has all the time gone...
Leaving now to go eat lunch...of Salmon salad and veggies.
Snack wb smoothie
Dinner. Green lettuce's salad with lots of veggies. Already cut up and ready to go in fridge.
Snack for tv watching...wb popcorn..
Bedtime..always take a few apple slices to bed for my night stand. Eat before I roll over to sleep. This has taken me OFF any reflux meds, and I was having it BAAAAAAD! Now, I don't get it at night anymore...YEAH...
Have a Great Day everyone.
Zesti
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Well, leaving yesterday @ 3:30 to fix salmon salad didn't happen until 10pm. I was just feeling so good. Filled with so much energy and happy energy too. I didn't want it to end. I forgot all about eating...Me..forget about food...ok..now we know there is a big storm ah brewing..lol..I knew I would be up another couple of hours after eating my salad of:
salmon, mush, cuc's, celery, EVOO lemon juice, garlic powder,GP, RP, onions and red beans, tomato and a big handful of red beans and cilantro....Over flowing the bowl. Gotta get bigger bowl!
Gosh, I was just so happy eating away. I filled myself up over the edge of my tummy. Thinking that the "monster" was out of his cage and I wouldn't stop..BUT I DID! I DID, I DID, I DID..I didn't eat anything else the rest of the night because..and now hold on here, here it comes.....I didn't WANT to. I DIDN'T WANT TOO! I had it all around me too, with DH eating his snacks, which is a mini dinner he eats like 8 times a day..(weirdo)lol...I had already had a pot of red beans ready and cooling to put in fridge. I got out the beef for him in case he wanted to make chile. He did. I had a bite, it was REALLY good too, but that was all I wanted and needed to tell him how delicious it was, so I could stop hearing how good it was from him, and for him to stop telling me to try it.. bugging me to eat it. I really REALLY wanted my salad and told him. I had my salmon in the fridge leftover from yesterday that I had to use up. ( He hates to waste too) hey, I.J.S...maybe that's why I am fat. It's his fault..yeah...I will go along with that!!..lol..Can't throw anything out...still can't....so now...I just can't have it in the house..until I can..which might be after the second coming. So, for now, his snacks will have to stay out in the garage, out of my site. he doesn't know it. But, he doesn't eat half as much junk food when I do this. So, I am doing this for him too...lol..just doing it MY WAY!! and this time. I am gonna win!!!
I didn't sleep at all last night, but feeling really energetic and happy today. Haven't felt this feeling of happiness in a very long time. ( not happy enough to clean my closets yet Oma.xxoo) Getting my favorite book out to read today. My bible.
Been far to long...I am open to the Lord's blessings today, and always now. I won't run when I think I am getting to many of them, won't run from the feeling of taking others happiness anymore,... Food is my demon and really...With the feeling of Gods love pouring over me, knowing he is my General and I his his soldier.. Food is my DEMON and it's WAR ON! and we are going to win this battle time once and for all!!! ( food is not the enemy. it's the enemy I see in the food) hey, I never heard that before. I better write it down..lol. Gluttony, compulsive, mindless I hate myself food. that is the enemy. Not the BEANS themselves..lols...all about the beans baby, all about the beans.............
Today 11 May 2013
coffee, w/creamer, vitamins, 30 mintue timer. You know, usual wake up motions...really getting to be a habit now that I don't even have to remember to do it or write it down and post stickies all over the house..YEAH! one demon on the way down and out!
forgot to get ( lol here..really..forgot?) forgot to post a sticky not to forget to get my smoothie out of the freezer in the a.m.making coffee. So I had about a cup of red beans with cut up hard boiled egg...Yummy. this is going to be one of my FAVES..
3:55 going to go get smoothie now, and have while getting protein ready for lunch which will be around 6pm and then finish all the lettuce pre-cut veggies I have in the fridge. I have new one's ready to go in. so sad to see my canalope go.
Gosh, was it ever good. I will try another, but when they are that good. It's usually only the beginning of the season and they are picked ripe. Now, the one's that follow are picked to early..gotta find a HUGE organic store.
This bean thing is REALLY working for me. I have had no cravings for breads/pasta's, potatoes or sweets...oops...watch for that storm ah coming...I think I stayed so satisfied yesterday with adding them to my salad w/salmon. I forgot that I am a binge eater..Gosh, this is a good one for the books...I was reading some really good info on a webb site this morning about Lima beans. That is what I have a craving for now. I have a HUGE bag in the freezer. My DH will be glad to see go. REALLY? how can anyone NOT like lima beans..lol... I know there are others out there but they don't live with me. I got him eating lean ground turkey breast instead of beef over the years, now he prefers it. He can have the beef too, but I have always bought ground sirloin. Never even knew this is what my mother bought growing up, until I moved out and went grocery shopping. Of course, it was my budget--student cheap...Had to call her and ask her what the heck I was doing wrong or what was wrong with the hamburger I bought. She never bought hamburger, she bought ground sirloin. with so many of us. It ended up being cheaper in the long run. Half the "meat" in the pot didn't go down the drain in fat..oh I digress.....my DH is a small guy, go figure..and hates fatty stuff, actually cuts all the fat around the rib eye..That was my favorite part right off the grille..... go figure on that too honey! Doesn't like mayo, prefers mustard, now we are talking WEIRD here. And the topper....I hate him for this...he can open a bag of cheez it, have three or four., roll up the bag and be done with it, not even thinking about what he just did is so out of MY ordinary.. Me. They call out to me, they beg me to open up and let them out. FREE US they yell. man, I have freed some cheez it's in my life. I don't even keep the dried pasta's in my site. They stay way in the back of my pantry. Until the day. I am ready to test...Gotta go smoothie waiting...
Zesti
Oh, planning on popping the corn for later. I will have a snack if I want too..WANT TO...
I am not really eating that much and I am not concerned about it either. I am eating according to LDL book and Roger's Rules. EAT EAT EAT!! I am a compulsive, binge over eater. AND I LOVE ROGER!!! ok. I said it...
Although my diet yesterday didn't seem like enough. with the salmon and beans, I had lots of calories....Heck, I think I have been consuming about 3000 to 4000 calories a day. On most days it's more than that because I am really loading up on the protein at my lunch meal. I do the "just" beans, veggies and fruit for dinner thing. I cook protein for DH at dinner time, save my portion for lunch the next day....eat my salad or bean meal with lots of veggies. This way, I am still having dinner with DH at dinner time, (what ever time that is) not going hungry at all, not feeling I am being punished with restrictions of what I can and can't have, what is right and wrong foods. NO MORE! Now I just eat becasue it taste good.
If cravings come ,because I am... oops... WAS a popcorn MnM gal. I get out the corn and eat my way past it. Gosh, can I eat some corn.!!. Can't "weight" to step on the scale in 10 days and see it WEIGHT down. If it isn't that's OK too. My clothes are fitting better and my measurements are coming down all over my body. hey, even my ankles... Always the first to go.....lol. Have a wonderful day everybody.

5:11 smoothie
Lunch- turkey pattie w/ B.sprouts and sliced tom,onion
Dinner--veggie salad w/evoo lemjuice drsg.
snacks...popcorn ready to go, and water melon maybe..probably..ok YES!