Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Post by Zesti »

We haven't gone out for a movies in years! But, get a lot sent to the house. DH likes them on Blue Ray..
I got Show Time for $10.00 for a year, so I went for it. I just wanted to see the Outlander. I love it!!
those dresses make anyone bum look huge... I would be so popular in that time frame, the bigger the bum the better.. =))
I am almost feeling "organized" my back has been really bad lately and is slowing me down, but I am really trying to work past it. I just make it worse not doing anything at all....
The house is LDL friendly again. It really didn't take that much.
I had such a late lunch yesterday of veggie beef soup, DH had made 2 days before. I added corn and beans to it and finished it all up. It was really good. It was made with the grass fed beef, so I wasn't going to let any of that go to waste!!
I had popcorn and pumpkin FF for dinner around 9pm. Then finished the fresh pineapple around 10.

I am really TRYING to get back to eating BK,LNCH and Dinner...and not eat in-between meals. It's taking my awhile to adjust as eating in the mornings are the last thing I want to do. But I will put a smoothie together while the coffee is perking. It is time to clean out the freezer of any and all fruits that I have in there.

When I get going and get involved in something. I forget to eat, then when I think of it, I tell myself I better eat, so I don't get so hungry and let the monster out. then I think I over eat..geez..I will get it though...I will.!!.

Can't wait to see your new apartment. Loving that kitchen. Get a good pic of it.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have an air popper so I will switch to that but now I will buy the corn popped with the least amount of fat. Today I will stop by the bank and check on the finances so will go to Braums and eat a salad with chicken. I am hungry now, swimming always does that to me, but I have learned that hunger won't kill me and my lunch always tastes so good when I do eat. I am hungry for life the LDL way.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

It's back to be held accountable..... :-ss :-ss

7:30 coffee w/coconut milk

10am
2 eggs w/beans

Plan for later...roasted chicken and veggies.. :D

dinner: just ruddabegg'a or just popcorn and fruit..or nice crispy geen salad..oh, that sounds good.. =p~
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Always good to have you on the boards. Tomorrow is mediation day. I pray that we can come to an agreement. I will go to Country Mart to get some more air popped corn at $1/bag as it is great to carry in the car for meals on the run. I will be so glad to get in to an apartment of my own. But I remain committed to do my best to stay on the Skinny Town train. I want to be at a healthy weight to live out my retirement the best I can. I am adapting to the changes in my life and am blessed. Life is the greatest daily blessing to me. Praise God! ^:)^
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Zesty I'm so glad to see you back!!!! :ymhug: I'm starting again too, but this time with a whole new attitude. :) We can do this sister!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Oh where , oh where did my Zesti go, oh where oh where can she be? Please come back to us, no questions asked.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi, Your OMG's (prayers) have been heard loud and clear...XXOO..I have been dusting off my book and getting back in gear with LDL..So I will be back real soon. Little by little for now, until I can get to the store and shop! Thank goodness I have lots of corn thins and beans in the house already..See you soon Baboon's :ymhug:
Zest
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

ZEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTI!! *HUGS* We MISS you!!!!!!!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Zesti »

I have missed you all terribly!! I am listening to my book now..from the beginning and in the process of making some of Mary's Israeli Soup..I think that helped me from freezing too death this winter !!..lol..still my favorite stuff !! and for a change of pace, pureed and sauteed leeks with white beans. I still need to get to the store and get lots more fruit in the house. I have to De-sweet this tooth or about 20 that I have!!! I feel motivated and excited to be back..really looking forward to getting back to my LDL recipes..and seeing how ya'll have been doing...
XXOO
Zesti,

4 leek stalks
1 onion
4 garlic cloves
Parsley & celery leaves
1 TBSP of cumin cuz I really love the stuff!! without it is really good too!!
Boil all together with enough stock to cover barely. Cream with a Hand Blender.
Or/and add beans for a meal and then cream....
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

OOO-KAYE!!! I am writing up my shopping list for tomorrow. It's really just fruit and ALOT of fruit that I need. A couple of days eating just fruit when I am craving "bad sweets" should do it and then back on track.
I have missed my beans..Although for this past winter, they were always my go too to keep me warm and toastie inside. I had so much frozen cilantro left over from last fall I just made up a big pot of Mary's Israeli soup and have that to look forward too today.
My back is doing so much better, but my sleep is still way off. I have just ordered melatonin, when that arrives. I will try a couple weeks of that to see if that gets me back on track. Only other thing I take is my D3. I would like to keep it that way too!! As I had my numbers done a month ago, and they are still good. I would like to stay healthy as long as possible, well FOREVER really!
So, the CHALLANGE IS ON!! I WILL DO THIS!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

So happy to hear from you!! \M/ (this is my V for victory) I thought you might have left the circle of wagons and were wounded. I went to a buffet for Easter with a friends after much resisting. It was very expensive and she went over to the dessert table and brought back several desserts that we could sample. Soooo, I took a bite of this and a bite of that and not only do I feel bad today, my Blood pressure was 160/78. I am such a people pleaser and that is going to stop!! @-) That's me at the dessert table, hypnotized. The jazz combo was great though. The decorations were beautiful and the food was good, but not that good. Life has it's ups and downs, thank God we got up after stumbling. I am ready to feel good again!
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I would always pop in and see how everyone was doing. ALWAYS keeping my tabs on you GF!! lol..
The boards have been quiet though, I just figured it was the winter weather! Man, I think that was a dosie for everybody this time around. I bet some are still shoveling it off the sidewalks and out of driveways.
I get the "pleaser" thing. I was that way for years. Now, not so much. Especially when it comes to food. DH cooks for himself most of the time now. I cook and if he doesn't eat or want that, then he cooks something on his own. He's good about only cooking enough for one, me? I have to have left overs for the next century..lol..
I lost all of my saved recipes so, I have been reading the boards and going over those in the book. I don't think I have used the one's in the book yet (recipe cards). Since I just finished the book and am on my way shopping. I thought I would pull them out and pick a few. I wanted to get back into the program as it was written.
Neet's Meat loaf has blue cheese in it. Which for some reason surprised me, it's not on the side either and calls for a whole cup. I guess when separated into serving sizes, that's not a lot, BUT! I had been off dairy for about 2 months, until this last "train wreck"!! then it was nothing but cheese and sugar..YUCK! so it's no wonder I am feeling so yucky! But I am here now and that's all that counts.
You should use your diabetes as a good excuse to not accept those desserts from friends/others.
I started using "I am allergic to it". I'm not really, but in my head it's not even a little white lie because for me, if I eat it, it will make me sick, even if it's only sick in my mind making me want more and more. I figured restaurants accept it so it was about time my friends did too. And, they do, AND more easily then I'd ever thought. For me, pleasing them became an excuse to eat the things I didn't really want too, and letting the temptation in and having it all go down hill from there. Even when I cook for my vegan or vegetarian friends. I respect their views and make it completely vegan/vegetarian. I don't slip in chicken broth and tell them it's veggie broth! They in return, respect the fact I don't want to eat processed foods or dairy. With a little practice it all works out. It's crazy when we go out to eat together, drives the waitress and probably the cook crazy too! but we are big tippers and repeat customers, so they actual enjoy seeing us walk in the door now.
Ok, just a thought. You know all this anyway. You are the resident expert! But, if you are anything like me. We have to learn to practice what we preach!! When I can accomplish this, I just feel so good about myself after I do it. I want to hug the world!! I remember that feeling..I am remembering it now. I miss that feeling, so I am back here to "get it back" and hopefully keep the momentum up. I truly believe that the "bad" feelings are only there to remind us of how GREAT the good feeling are, and to strive for a life of happiness not sadness and conflict. We just have to do the work...
Oh gosh, guess me yacking on and on hasn't changed...LOL....
OK...I have made up my mind...I think!!..lol...I am going to do the program as it was written so I am going for the blue cheese in the meat loaf!! blacken fish and of course my chicken and cabbage. I haven't given that up at all, still eat that like it's going out of style and have never tired of it. I will use the recipes in the book adding more spices and herbs probably, but those are all "good things" and start off with the Taco Soup. Do you believe I haven't made that yet! always had a mind too but never actually did. Plus, I know DH will eat that!
If any changes have been made, be sure and tell me what they are. I am off to try and search this thing to see if my LDL recipes are "really lost" or just stored somewhere else on this thing. And this time..I am actually going to cook them instead of collect them... =p~
:ymhug: :ymhug:
Zesti
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I love your excitement, Zesti! You are ready to do this. I look forward to hearing all about your successes!
Pam
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Ms.Pam, Thank you! I am excited. I am even finding it hard to contain myself, since I am on my way to the store..LOL! The more thinking I do, the longer my list gets!!
I am just so hungry for the good stuff! Spring and Summer on my mind too. Thank goodness I already have about 20 pounds of beans in the house and 4 bags of corn thins! I won't have to do much damage at the store though as my cupboards a filled with "the good stuff's". I didn't stray too far, still kept to organic and lots of fresh veggies and lean meats too, but just over loaded on the candy and cookies, so now have to wing myself off, but really looking forward to some pineapple smoothies to do that...and of course BEAN SALAD!!
I can't pull up any old posts to catch up on everyone, but thought I read something about that hip of yours giving you problems again. I hope that is old news and that you are doing much better. It's so good to see you here. I always love when you chime in..

OHHHHH-KAYE! Final answer! and edit!! I am going to treat myself today at the store and make the below. Already love the pesto, but have been making it with cilantro and not basil. Today it's basil. I am going to follow this recipe and make ALL the veggies with it, since roasting veggies IS one of my favorite past times and needs to be brought more into the present..lol.. I know enough veggie's to feed an Army right? but I am still an Army Of One!! SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!
OK REALLY REALLLY FINAL EDIT..I forgot to post the recipe..Sorry I can't give credit where credit is due here, but I copied from a blog I was on somewhere, might be Dr.Joel Fhurman as I have been reading a lot of him lately..But it just might be Pinrest too...Have to post it here for me to refer to later. But this just SCREAMS "come and eat me" and I am gonna do just that!!

INGREDIENTS:
Olive oil spray
Qty. 1 small onion (size of a billiards ball!), peeled and cut into quarters
Qty. 3 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4" pices
2 fennel bulbs, washed, halved, and cut into slices
1 8-oz. package of button or baby portabella mushrooms, washed. Leave the small ones whole, cut the larger ones in half
1 eggplant, diced into 1/2" cubes
1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, cut into slices
3 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
1 & 1/2 cup fresh tomato, cut into small cubes
Salt & Pepper

PESTO INGREDIENTS:
1 x 15-oz. can Navy or Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
1 - 2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs. White wine vinegar or White Balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. Lemon Juice..

1. Spray a large baking tray with the olive oil, and add all of the prepared veggies except the garlic & tomatoes. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Scatter the garlic over the vegetables. Spray lightly with Olive Oil Spray, and put in a preheated 400F degree oven for 20 minutes.

2. Remove from oven after 20 minutes. Stir the veggies around and add the tomatoes. Put back in the oven for another 15 or 20 minutes until the veggies are tender but not overcooked. While the veggies are roasting, make the White Bean Pesto as follows:

3. The pesto is easy-peasy. Just put all of the ingredients in a food processor and mix on high until it's a smooth puree. Add salt to taste if necessary.

4. Serve the roasted veggies with a dollop of the yummy pesto on top. Enjoy!
Last edited by Zesti on April 7th, 2015, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Zesti- Last year I had two more surgeries on my hip- first to remove the hardware from the original pinning, then another to have a new hip installed as the hip re-broke after the hardware was gone! I am doing just fine- thanks, and like you, renewing my commitment to pure LDL. It works; it's delicious, and it makes us feel so much healthier!

Enjoy your "new" way of life. LDL has so many rewards! :x ;;) ;) :) !!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

So glad to hear it. You ROCK the Hip-stir Lady!!
I am ready to feel and be healthier too. I am not going to have the back surgery and I will use that as part of my motivation to stay on the train too One-derland. I have to get this weight off and a slow steady way is the best way I know..
It's always nice to have someone to share life's rewards with..

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

So good to hear from you and you can yak on as much as you want. We all love your posts. You wrote: I truly believe that the "bad" feelings are only there to remind us of how GREAT the good feeling are, and to strive for a life of happiness not sadness and conflict. We just have to do the work... Thank you for reminding me of the joy that comes from overcoming. I have decided to feast on the fruit of the spirit: Love, joy, peace, Long suffering (patience), gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control. There is no limit and no law against such. Galations 5:22,23 At the end of an 11 year marriage, I can really identify more with long suffering! Sometimes patience is putting up with more than you intended, but you learn what is important as you endure. I took some papers down to the title office today so the sale of my house is going through. Just in time too, because I owe the IRS and the State of Oklahoma about $5,000 in taxes. However, I have a state of peace about it. When it is all said and done, it is only money and once I am not throwing all my retirement into keeping up a house that is deteriorating rapidly, I will be able to travel!! Life goes on.
Aloha,
Leilani

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

GREAT ADDITUDE!! keep it up!! Sometimes we get stuck in the trees and can't see past the forest. but, with time and patience the light soon comes in and takes over, usually with something better too. You have so much to look forward too. This will all be in the past soon....I know what you mean about the house. I want to move! into something smaller. It's that or have it all remodeled..and I just don't seem to want to get in the mood for that..in the mean time. We are planning more cruises and trips in our camper. I bought a huge cushy saddle seat for my bike, so I am really looking forward to doing some bike riding on those trips.

I finished my shopping yesterday NOT a bit of basil in the store!! I have to run and try and find some soon. I want to get my veggies roasted and have that for dinner tonight. I almost "postponed" starting today. I was on line with BFF IM'ing and got hungry. DH went out and got KFC last night while I was putting away groceries. Of course, there are left overs..I grabbed a piece of breast, it was all meat thinking in the back of my mind I'm sure, that I won't have the bones and skin ( my favorite part)..so started the stinking thinking. "I will start tomorrow" I put my BFF on hold, went to the kitchen, grab my garbanzo beans from the freezer, added chicken broth to pan, added beans, topped with egg, covered and went back to IM'ing until egg was done. She had to leave. My egg was perfect!!! so instead of a repeat of last night and an endless night of reflux. I stayed committed. HEY! I can do this..Now, I am just a happy little puppy knowing I made a promise to myself to start with LDL today and stuck with it...YEAH!!!
Now, with a full tummy I will go put the chicken in the freezer, that won't bother me. DH will finish up the mashed pots and gravy. I never ate that anyway, They don't serve the corn on the cob anymore I guess. We had a container of corn nibbles. Didn't taste "canny" either, not loaded with butter either. Ha! will have to go and check that out on the web. Could it just be corn and salt? a miracle if it is, but either way, DH will finish that up too.

TODAY - DAY ONE = GREAT!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Such a dreary day yesterday, I caved..! I went in and took a long nap..until about 6pm..Got up hungry too!! I decided to do without the /lunchprotein, and went straight for a cup of Israeli soup, and popcorn.
That hit the spot. I knew I would be hungry later and thinking I would be staying up late too..I waited, the hungry came. I just decided to add a 1/2 can of fire roasted tomatoes to my left over cabbage and veggies, with just a tish of chicken broth and I was good to go. DONE! No temptation to eat anything else.
2.0 hours later I went to bed, just before midnight..YEah..No reflux..YEAH!YEAH! and up early this a.m..
Now, into the kitchen to get what I didn't get done yesterday. It's another dreary day out, but today will be a day spent in the kitchen cooking. I love days like this

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I hear you GF. Today started out dreary but the sun came out after water aerobics. I had a banana and grapes for bkft. Think I will go home and make some cabbage with fire roasted tomatoes and a tish of chicken broth. I'm being a copycat, but you make it sound soooo good. That is another reason I have missed you so much on the boards!! :p (that's me drooling over your menu)
Last night I made oatmeal patties, veggie style. They turned out pretty good and I am glad I made a small recipe because I ate them all. I made 2 small batches and added olive tamponade hummus to 1/2 for a middle eastern flavor and veggie refried beans and spicy hummus to the other 1/2. They were both very good and I had to use the left over hummus up before it expired in my fridge. I had a cup of cooked whole rolled oats, 1/2 cup of rye crisp crumbs, 1 egg and caramelized onions. I used different spices to complement the flavor of hummus. In the future I will combine the oats, rye crumbs and onion and refrigerate every thing but 1 pattie. Then add the beans or hummus and spices and fry it in EVCO. Then I will have veggies and salad on the side. My blood sugar was good this am and no weight gain. I have been trying to create veggie recipes to get my protein in my diet. I am reading a book called The World's Oldest Health Plan. It talks about combining beans and whole grains to make a complete protein. Since corn is a grain and rye crisps as well, I have already been doing that but I also have a high cholesterol so I want to add whole oats to my plan to see if I can tolerate it I really want to go on a full plant based diet. I noticed that I spend less on groceries when I don't buy meat. The burger substitutes are highly processed with so many chemicals added and most are predominately gluten and egg whites. I am changing my tastes on if I can stop eating when I am full and eating heavy meals late at night I will see some progress. I love life. :x
Aloha,
Leilani