Omalani's excellent adventure

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Omalani's excellent adventure

Post by LINDA RN »

12/4/16

Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

12/12/16
I am going to do the fruit and soup flush. I have been eating too many processed foods, dairy, wheat, pasta, potatoes, rice and sugar. I have no excuses!! I don't feel good and that is a problem. I have been traveling a lot and will be moving to Iowa in June after the reunion trip to Alaska. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

12/27/15
I am fasting today, It has been 20 hours. I think I will have some chicken/veggie soup to break my fast. I am at the same weight I was in Nov. before my month long vacation so this has been a 3 year stall! I am only happy that I didn't gain back the 50lbs I lost. I am so ready to finish my Journey to "One-der-land". Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

1/7/17
I am planning and packing for a trip to Iowa. My 1st great grandson was born Thursday. Statler Liam Damman wt. 8lb10.5oz
ht. 20.5 in. and has dark curly hair. He is home now and I am happy to say the dog loves his new boy. What a wonderful way to start 2017. Been eating up my fruits and veggies so I don't have to come back to a fridge full of rotting produce! Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi Oh boy I sue goofed around yesterday had 2 fried eggs and a grapefruit for breakfast but we had some ezekiel bread the sprouted one so the piggy that I am grabbed two slices made toast and buttered them up. Thought I died and went to heaven but not so. I haven't eaten bread like that in months. Didn't feel so good later. My blood sugar was nuts. wont do that again. Learned my lesson I hope. Ha ha
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Throw out the rest of that "healthy" bread, dust yourself off, and go forward! We all do that once in awhile!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

oh yes it is gone now and back eating what i should
lol
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

:ymhug: 1/14/17
It's early in the morning and I haven't slept! I lost my cell phone and it is ging to be a long day. I fast on Tuesday before prayer meeting. Life is good and I am excited about moving to Iowa.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/14/17
It has been a while since I posted in my journal. I will start Monday and write out my menus. It helps me to be accountable. I have plenty of soups ready and I will pick up some salad stuff at Aldis. I am enjoying my new life here in Iowa and will be spending Sat. and Sun, with family for Easter. It is wonderful having babies in the family again. I have 3 great grandchildren here. (Mylah age 5, Lillian age 8 mo., and Statler age 3 mo.) Yesterday we enjoyed a sunny day at the park with the kids and the dogs, then had a family dinner. I feel like I am on vacation everyday. I live downtown and it feels like a luxury hotel. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

April menus:
4/21/17
B. Greek yogurt with frozen dark sweet cherries diced, glass of sparkling grape juice
L. Bean and veggie soup, pear
D. Dill pickles wrapped in deli-sliced turkey, Veggie soup, and grapes
4/22/17
B. Vanilla Greek yogurt with diced mango/banana
L. Veggies and meatless entree, mashed potato, spanish rice
D. Fruit and tomato sand. on rye slice
4/23/17
B. Banana pancakes with simply fruit jam
L. Falafels with cucumber/tomato/red onion salsa and a dollop of veggie cream cheese, dates for dessert
D. Knock your socks off soup
4/24/17
B. 2 eggs scrambled with onion & salsa, fresh pineapple
L. Knock your socks off soup, pineapple, 3 cuties, pear
D. 2 veggie chicken patties, thin bun, mustard & veggies, cole slaw and red cabbage, cheesy potatoes
4/27/17
B. 2 Corn thins with deli sliced turkey, lettuce, tomatoes and an apple
L., Asian chopped salad, meatballs and mango chunks
D. Mashed potatoes,gravy, green beans, Kale salad and sliced meatloaf :ymdevil:
4/28/17
B. Yogurt and blackberries
L. Veggie burger, salad with Avocado/cilantro and Greel yogurt drsg., frozen grapes
D. KYSO soup and small salad
4/29/17
B. Fruit smoothie
L. Potluck at church: Ate too much, but no desserts
D. Stuffed peppers and tomatoes, Asian salad
4/30/17
B. 3 bkft tacos with pico de gallo
L. Soft serve fro-yo and samples at Sam's
D. Broccoli and rice cassarole and salad, orange
snack while cooking: egg fritata
May Menus:
5/1/17
B. Fruit smoothie
L. Eggplant parmesan and salad with lemon and EVOO
D. KYSO soup and salad
Last edited by omalani on May 1st, 2017, 1:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi there, sounds like you are enjoying your new life!~ Your menu sounds good too.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am enjoying life! It is so great to be around the kids, they energize me. Of course now that my ex-husb. followed me up here, I have to share! He is staying with my daughter til he gets a place of his own. I pray that it will be soon as I know how difficult he can be to live with. I do notice that he is more humble since he has lost everything he owns for the second time. I am happy that I am no longer responsible for him financially. I will help him if I am able, to take some of the stress off my girl. It is less worry for her in some ways, but an added duty for her as well. He gets his care through the VA which saves thousands of dollars. I hope they will be able to wean him off the oxygen. She is a wonderful daughter and we all love her. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I fasted and prayed today until 5 and then had no sugar added frozen yougurt with fresh fruit topping. Also I had popcorn.Then I went to prayer meeting. It was a long day. I picked up Mylah from school and took her to the botanical garden. She didn't want to leave! It was 49 degree outside! So we had Fro-yo and then went to the church. She was such a good girl, Busy living the life I love with the one I love.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/30/17
I have had a busy weekend and have strayed from my menus. I was doing a lot of cooking, and sampled and ate too much. I am so easily tempted and bread has been a big problem, also sugar. I need to start over again! My fridge is full of good fruits and veggies and the bread is gone except for some frozen for when the kids come to visit, I spend a lot of time at the YMCA. Wednesday and Saturday are church days. Monday evening I take my GG daughter to dance and Tuesday is her Pathfinder meeting in Ankeny. I pick her up a 3pm Monday and Tuesday. We have dinner at my daughter's and then it is back home to the city. Wednesday I don't know if I will have her or not. I sometime go to help with the babies too. It seems like I am constantly around food! This is life in the fast lanes again. I need to stay away from Sam's club!!
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/2/17
I have been fighting with cravings and am ready to start over again with the fruit and soup f'lush. I have 3 jars in the fridge. I spend lots of time with Mylah. She is going to spend the night with me Wednesday. Hope my snoring doesn't bother her. :ife is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/8/17
Is it just my imagination or is every Monday my start over day for LDL?? I need to have more LDL weekends! I use the kids as my excuse. We have more family dinners and just going out to eat. I know I can do hard things, and LDL isn't hard! It just takes a little prepping. Is there anyone else out there having problems? I need a prayer and a :ymhug:
Last edited by omalani on May 12th, 2017, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Hey, where is everybody? Linda RN, I am coming to Lawton on Sunday, are you still working in Pediatric clinic? I love
Des Moines, but that's because I have so many family members here. The babies are so sweet and Mylah is such a delight. She is five going on 15. I am kinda hooked on Menchies NAS frozen Yogurt. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/12/17
I am back to reading old posts again. They are still inspiring. Sit down and tell us about your progress. How are you doing Roger? I just discovered a product called Amazin' Mayo by Walden farms, makes great stuffed eggs. Life goes on.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Still working in Peds. Would be great to see you. Rebecca Sahmaunt has been out sick for 2 months so I have had to do double duty. Talk about stress! She is back now but I am still trying to play catch-up. Have not weighed in a while because I was so afraid to see I might have jumped back to twoterville. But I am slowly getting back on track now trying to eat only LDL. Some of the edema and bloat is receeding. I think I can stay with it now.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...