Omalani's excellent adventure

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Omalani's excellent adventure

Post by omalani »

5/29/17 Memorial Day. A day of remembering. I choose to remember the good times with all who have passed on. They are resting and awaiting the resurrection. I will start my menus again. I rise from the ashes and ask God to transform my mind and have a healthy body. I choose to live and move, knowing that a body in motion continues to move.
Menu plan: Restart 7/1/17 meals and no in between snacking.
7/2 :)
B. 2 eggs scrambled with salsa Italiano, 1 cup canned pineapple
L. 2 cups lettuce, raw veggies, corn, rinsed beans, shredded cheese, salsa/ranch
D. Knock your socks off soup with shredded cabbage slaw mayo/NAS pickle jc.
7/3
B. Fruit smoothie with almond milk
L. Tuna on 2 corn thins, chopped salad
D. Popcorn, cole slaw, potato salad, baked chicken, a few potato chips and watermelon to eat at the pops concert & fireworks. :(
7/4
B. Oatmeal with fruit and raisins, almond milk
L. Taco salad (as above on 7/2)
Snack: ear of corn :(
D. Veggie burger with tomato sauce, sprinkle of cheese,baked sweet potato fries and frozen grapes
7/6/17
B. 2 eggs scrambled with salsa and fruit (nectarine, plum and cherries)
L. Rice and beans and a corn tortilla, cherries
D. Mixed veggie salad with beets and blue cheese drsg.
7/7/17
B. An apple before going to the dentist!
L. Chopped Salad with tuna and Asian salad drsg.
Snack: Kind nut bar and samples at the health food store
D. Split pea soup and broccoli with mayo, plum for dessert
7/9/17
B. Fruit, stuffed eggs, 1 date almond roll
L. Veggie entree, salad with 2 tbs. drsg. fruit for dessert
D. Split pea soup and salad
7/10
B. Stuffed eggs, an apple
L. stuffed peppers and salad with Blue cheese drsg.
D. 1/2 Chick-fil-a cool wrap and waffle fries, salad with blue cheese drsg. 2 peaches
7/12/17
B. Fruit and oatmeal
L. Fried rice and cabbage stir-fry, finger salad and Aussie bite
D. Large chopped salad with blue cheese drsg, cherries for dessert
7/13/17
B. Oatmeal and fruit
L. Stuffed peppers, ground turkey patty and salad with blue cheese drsg.
D. Veggie chicken soup and salad, apple
7/14/17
B. Oatmeal and fruit
L. Large chopped salad and chicken
D. Roasted pepper and tomato soup, Corn thins with hummus and veggies
7/15/17
B. Green smoothie
L. Vegetarian entree, salad and fruit
D. Split pea soup and popcorn.
Last edited by omalani on July 13th, 2017, 6:28 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have just returned from vacation where I was eating meat 2 or more times a day. I am going to eat more vegan and vegetarian meals. I have been sluggish and the weight continues to creap up on me. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have been really trying to do pure LDL. Finally after I got brave enough I found myself back in twoterville. Gotta get back to Onederland quick. I refuse to buy larger uniforms. Some of the girls I work with are doing the high protein and low carb diet. Getting more protein in place of carb snacking has helped and eating light at night has helped also. Back to popcorn suppers!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I didn't get over to the hospital to visit while I was in Lawton. I had so many friends I didn't get to see. Maybe next time I come down but I don't know when that will be. I am also struggling to get back to my lower weight. God opened my eyes to see the bondage of my food addiction. I lost a friend, who was my eating buddy in Lawton. My son-in-law is on that low carb high protein and fat. It is too rich for me. LDL is the best, but I realize I need to control my potions because I am a binge eater and that has to be dealt with. Good to hear from you. Life is unfolding and God is here. God is where I am and now is the time to change.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/4/17
I am planning on sticking to better portion control and making things in small amounts only. I pick up Mylah in the morning and take her to the YMCA. She plays while I do water aerobics. Then Lunch at my place and pay the bills. Life goes on!
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/9/17
Today I will do whatever I need to do to stick with my menu. I will buy a bag of salad and some tuna if I am not at home. I will not eat between meals, just for today. Life goes better when I make good choices, one day at a time, one choice at a time. Life is very good, and I am grateful today.
Last edited by omalani on June 10th, 2017, 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Leilani, for all your inspirational posts!
:) :x :ymparty:
Pam
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/10/17
Yesterday was horrible. However, I had a break through. I picked up Mylah and we went to Ankeny to go to my daughter's chair aerobics class. Mylah stayed home to visit with my Ex-husband. Class was fine, but afterwards I felt dizzy and was having balance issues. I felt like I was suffering from a hangover. My daughter drove me to her house and left for a class teaching kids safety, called Safety Town. She took Mylah with her. I laid down and took a nap. When I awoke a few hours later, the dizziness was worse and I started vomiting. When my girls came back and Jen was driving me home, the nausea and vomiting came back so she took me to urgent care. The doctor told me I had a virus affecting the middle ear and gave me some pills to help my balance. (Menieres syndrome) The pills and more rest helped so I am better today., but still a little wozzy. Another day of rest and staying at home. I didn't eat anything after Brft. yesterday. I sipped on a classic coke which settled my stomach and had a few grapes at 9 pm. I will eat fruit and soup today if I continue to feel good. The breakthru is: I can overeat things which I know are not good for me and cause me pain from arthritis, obesity, high blood sugar and high blood pressure, but I can not tolerate nausea and vomiting!! Maybe God is giving me a wake-up call! I seek instant gratification. I know from the past that I feel good on the LDL plan, so with God's help I will stay with it. Life has lessons so I will learn from them!
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/10/17
The med seems to be working!! No more nausea and the balance problem is gone. I am grateful to God.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Gary was having that at one time and recently we read it was a side effect of Lisinopril. He refuses to take it now. He admitted to having some dizziness when looking up yesterday and today. I am thinking it is the fast food he was eating.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/14/17
l called and got an appointment with an Int. Med Dr. but can't get in till September. ant her as my Dr. because she was recommended by 2 different people. She is young and been practicing for 8 years, probably still paying off her student loans. lol The med took care of my problem, but I intend to get an eye exam and hearing test when I get back from Alaska. I also need to get a new dentist!! Life goes on.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/15/17
Yesterday I was able to see all my DSM family, Jen and her girls and 3 great grandchildren. It is such a joy. Krista has her pinning on 6/29, Then the state boards and we will have another RN in the family. It is such a joy to see my grandchildren doing well. I try to help them with the babies. Life is good when you have a wonderful family to share your blessings with. Eating is difficult when I am not at home to eat. We ended up eating leftovers and snacks from Costco. Then having a late dinner. Menu out and revised. I still need to pack for Alaska.
Aloha,
Leilani

LisaJ
New, but learning

Post by LisaJ »

Hi Linda,

I saw your post about Gary feeling dizzy when he looks up. It sounds like he could be experiencing benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. He can do a modified Epley maneuver several times a day to help get rid of that. Here is a link to instructions:

https://www.activator.com/wp-content/uploads/Home%20Epley%20Handouts.pdf

He may feel dizzy when he lays back with his head below his shoulders- he should just be still until the dizziness goes away and then continue with the maneuvers.

If he doesn't have BPPV, the maneuvers won't help- but they won't hurt either :)
"Optimist: Someone who figured out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward isn't a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha."
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/1/17
I have erased all my menus at the top of the page to start July with a clean slate.It is easier to edit the top post, then to relocate my list daily. When the page turns I will start a new list. If I make any changes I will record it. I like Lisa's 2 step forwards/1 step back Cha cha cha. I won't be discouraged with my progress. It takes what it takes. Here's to life and the dance!!
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/2/17
It is 30 min. till lunch and I am checking off my dance card! This is my plan. Regular meal times and bedtime. Meals at 8 am - 1 pm - 6 pm Bedtime 10 pm and Get up, dress up and make bed up at 6 am. My Prayer line conference call is 6:30 am. No between meal snacking unless I am actually hungry and my blood sugar is low. As I am an emotional, bored, angry eater I will begin to eat more normal portions and strict LDL. I will drink more water! I am putting more structure in life. Retirement is different but I need to consider taking care of my health my full time nursing job right now. This is the job of a lifetime.
PS Lunch time edited menu to include sprinkle of sharp Cheddar cheese and changed the drsg. to salsa with 2 Tbsp. Ranch. Game plan spot-on!!
PSS Good dinner, a surprise, the soup had baby Brussel sprouts! Slaw drsg. made with mayo and no added sugar sweet pickle juice. I didn't drink enough water but I will start earlier tomorrow. I maintained my schedule and :ymapplause: no snacks
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/4/17
I enjoyed the concert in the park last night with my family. There were probably 100,000 people there, but there were no problems. It was on the capitol grounds and it is the 3rd largest celebration in the nation. No alcohol or smoking is allowed. Afterwards there was a bit of a traffic jam, but the DSM police directed traffic and we were home in a short time. Everyone brought picnic food and I stayed away from the sugary desserts but the cole slaw was sweet and I ate too much cheesy potato salad. The first bite was too much and my daughter said,"Let's just throw that leftover salad away, you know that is not on your plan!" It was so good so I ate it. :( I did not have time to pack my own food so I was unprepared. Next year I will have a better plan!! Life is full of choices and I am thankful for second chances.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/4/17
It is strange to have 2, 4thof July, celebrations. I can hear the popping of firecrackers everywhere.There will be a festival in Ankeny this weekend with their fireworks. Had a quiet day alone today and will see the kids tomorrow. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/6/17
I am struggling again!! I usually have problems on the weekend but get back on during the week. However, this week has been one long weekend!! I have curbed the snacking some and am holding at the pre-vacation weight, but all these summer fruits are begging to be eaten. I deviate from my plan but usually go back and correct it. Here is praying that next week will be better!! I bought some cherries and grapes to freeze but have already eaten 1/2 of 1 bag of cherries today. Life has its ups and downs.Tomorrow night starts a revival so I am asking the Holy Spirit for strength and inspiration. I have a dentist appt. at 7:30 am tomorrow. Pray for a good report!!Share your testimonies to help others along the way. I am grateful to Roger and this LDL way of eating. I am thankful for the message boards as well.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/7/17
I froze all the grapes and cherries last night. I went to see my dentist and he is wonderful. They wanted to take pictures of my teeth and the first thing I asked was, "Are you going to try to talk my into caps and cosmetic work?" They said no unless that what I wanted. I told them my dental history, they did a thorough exam. I didn't need x-rays because My Dentist sent the the ones taken in 2015 and 2016. Then the dentist told me I had no cavities and they went able to get me in for a cleaning 7/10 because they had a cancellation. I had such a blessed day. I actually got some Christmas present bought. I put them up in a closet, here's hoping I remember! Life is very good
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

My granddaughter gave me a box of roasted red pepper and tomato soup with 12 individual servings. I have decided to have soup and salad or corn thin/rye crisp sandwiches at my evening meal. Regular eating and sleeping times are working well for me but not this weekend. I had some stressing situations and didn't get to bed till late. I will be going to the summer fest in Ankeny tonight to see the fireworks, which don't start until 9:30 pm. I have popcorn in my trunk so I can avoid all the high fat/sugary/flour foods available at fests. I will drink more water today! Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani