Omalani's excellent adventure

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Omalani's excellent adventure

Post by omalani »

5/21/18
I feel like Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about that tomorrow, because tomorrow is another day" Life has it's weak moments. Time to start living now.
Menus for June:
5/30/18
B. Protein smoothie
L. Mexican salad with TVP and beans/corn salsa
D. Steak fajitas with veggie and corn, apple for dessert
5/31/18
B. Protein smoothie
L. Turkish lunch
D. Baked salmon with mango salsa, mixed veggies
6/1/18
B. Smoothie
L. Snacks on the plane
D. Finger salad Veggies and fruit
Last edited by omalani on May 30th, 2018, 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/21/18
I'm sitting at the computer looking out the window and it is so light out. the sun doesn't set till 11 pm. I have to make myself go to bed! I went to visit my granddaughter today in the hospital and she is doing better. She wants to come home and we are ready to have her home as well. She is getting adjusted on her meds and God has blessed us by sparing her life I am so grateful for second chances. Life is good, one more day with my loved ones.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/22/18
I over ate leftovers today I need to quit cooking so much. At least the fridge is filled with fresh fruit, and non dairy protein milk. No more making dessert for this family!! I will make some veggie entrees and soup for the rest of the week. I plan to make some veggie burgers and freeze them. My granddaughter likes to eat vegetarian foods too. Life is good and my vacation is flying by. We plan to go fishing tomorrow so maybe we can have salmon.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/23/18
No fishing today, the weather isn't cooperating! I will spend time in the kitchen cooking and freezing food for the future. I will make veggie burgers and meatballs. I am going to eat average servings and nothing between my meat and at least 3 or 4 hours between my 3 meals. I will also refrain from excessive tasting while cooking. I love my family and want to help them eat healthy foods. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/29/18
I am heading down to put some dried garbonzos in the pressure cooker and I am going to make this soup!! I am still in Alaska and my grand daughter is coming home today so I will be able to see her for a few days before I leave. I am finally over my cold after 3 weeks (good news) but I can now smell the dog! (bad news) I am still under 230 lbs and am ready to stick with some discipline! Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/30/18
Pallas is back home again and we enjoy being a family again. The dog was so happy to see her! She's been away 3 months. There have been circumstances beyond my control and I choose to comfort with food, which did not comfort me in the least and even made things worse. I have this insane relationship with food. Life has its ups and downs, but life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/26/18
Wednesday morning at about 1 am I was having a rapid heartbeat with Atrial fibrillation. I was successfully defibrillated with one shock and discharged and back at home by 2:30 am. My biggest problem was that I left my cell phone at my daughter's and I do not have any family members phone numbers memorized. I have 2 granddaughters that live close but have stairs and I need to call them to buzz me in the front door. The ER at mercy is only 8 blocks away from my apt. So I drove there and back and didn't have to wake the babies or bother them. When they were taking my EKG I told them what it was, they said,"You were right."
The cardiologist said, "you may go back to the A-fib at any time". The last episode I had was in Feb. I am pray for a regular sinus rhythm and no more tachycardia. I know I can receive the miracle but pray for my body to cooperate with the Holy spirit. I am making some lifestyle changes and increasing my exercise. I also need to get more sleep by going to bed earlier. Life is a journey of loving and learning.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/27/18
God is good, all the time. My heart is regular and my strength is in Jesus my Savior. I will put my menus down and be accountable for my behavior.
Summer menus:
7/27 Friday
B. 1/2 c. cottage cheese with diced roma tomato and lemon pepper
L. Handful of cashews, Omelette with onions and sprinkle of cheese, sliced cucumbers and tomato
D. Quinoa tabouli, veggie burger, veggie medley
7/28
B. Fruit smoothie with vegan protein powder
L. Birthday brunch in the park (will take my favorite fruit instead of sweets)
D. Tomato soup and salad
7/29
B. Fruit smoothie with vegan protein powder
L. Greek salad with baked mini falafals, dolmas and fava bean soup
D. Green smoothie with protein powder.
7/30
B. Fruit smoothie with protein powder
L. Large salad with shredded tofu and Asian drsg. veggie spring rolls
D. Leftover veggie soup and salad
Last edited by omalani on July 27th, 2018, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

A SMALL QUESTION:
If you can start the day without caffeine; if you can get going without pep pills; if you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains; if you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles; if you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it; if you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time; if you can forgive a friend's lack of consideration; if you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when through no fault of your own, something goes wrong; if you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct them; if you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend;if you can face the world without lies or deceit; if you can conquer tension without medical help;if you can relax without liquor or marijuana; if you can sleep without the aid of drugs; if you can honestly say that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed or color, religion or politics; then my friend, you're almost as good as your dog. Almost, but not quite.
This is an old clip from a magazine. Enjoy this wisdom and never stop imitating you dog. Remember that dog is God spelled backward.
Aloha,
Leilani