Omalani's excellent adventure

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Omalani's excellent adventure

Post by omalani »

7/9/17
Hello out there, anybody home?? I had a breakthru!! I stuffed 3 eggs this morning and ate 3 halves. I have been busy puttering around. I was a little bored but avoiding the vacuum, I passed by the fridge and thought about those stuffed eggs, how good they were and how there was an uneven number left in the fridge..... so I opened the door.....and a little voice in my brain said, "what are you doing!" "It's not time to eat" I closed the door and I asked my body, "Are you thirsty??" I drank a cup of water, just in case. I gave my plants a drink too. "Are you tired? You could take a nap to pass the time till it's time to eat." I decided I was more bored than tired and I saw the mini trampoline behind my palm, so I pulled it out and bounced a little, then added a little knee bend and some arm, more bouncing, a little twisting.....this feels good, why haven't I done this before??If I need comfprt there is my Bible and the LDL joutnal. So I sat down to express my crazy self, thinking that it may help other emotional eaters to think before trying to get comfort from outside their body. It's not much different than a smoker reaching for the pleasure of a cigarette or a joint; or an addict seeking alcohol or a fix to numb them from reality with some short term pleasure or creating some drama or self-pity to give them an excuse to eat, smoke drink, use or whatever. We won't even go to sex addiction!! Anyway it's almost lunchtime and I planned a great lunch. Life is good and I am grateful. God woke me up in my right mind this morning, although some of you may wonder about my sanity. LOL??? My blood pressure was good, I'm having a good hair day. Thank you God for the blessings I am aware of and for all the things you spared me that I know not of, and a special thank you to Roger and Anita for sharing their lives and blessings with us. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good insights, Leilani! You go, girl!!!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/12/17
Thank you Pam. My daughter is spending the night with me and I am taking her to have a colonoscopy in the early am. She has been doing the prep and is pooped! e had to change my meals some so I think I will change the date and follow the menu. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/16/17
Today I will start recording my menu daily. and strict LDL.

B. Mashed pinto beans with an egg and mango
L. Large chopped salad with chicken and Ital. drsg, 5 cherries, 2 date rolls
D. Meatloaf, salad and zucchini saute, 4 in. corn cob, watermelon for dessert

I will prepare everything this morning so I don't have to spend so much time, when my company come.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/17/17
Today is the same forward and backward. I started with exercise at the YMCA, then a little shopping and some special finds. My menu today was mostly leftovers:
B. Soft boiled egg and watermelon
L. Turkey patty, sauted zucchini, salad with mixed veggies and baby beets on top
D. Turkey patty crumbled into Marinara sauce on zucchini, watermelon and an apple

Tomorrow:
B. Green smoothie
L. Low carb burrito with cheese and salad
D.Salad with Albacore and an apple

Wednesday I plan to fast for prayer meeting and have a light supper afterwards. I love this life :x
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/23/17
I have been binging this weekend. It always starts out with a little something added and doesn't stop til whatever is gone. The weekends are always difficult with church potluck and a lot of vegetarian/vegan foods contain lot of processed carbs. I try to bring salads and stick to that but there are always tempting foods there. My weight has been fairly stable but I think it will be up on Monday. Life has its challenges.

Menu:
7/24/17
B. Stuffed eggs and a peach
L. Tuna on corn thins, salad and watermelon
D. Burrito bowl with beans, TVP and a sprinkle of cheese, raw veggie and lettuce
7/27/17
B. Scrambled eggs with onion, chard, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes, plum
L. Rainbow plate with corn thins and hummus
D. knock your socks off soup and salad EVOO/lemon jc.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

7/26/17
I have been eating out of control the lst 3 days. Maintining weight but heart burn is raging. Life is a challenge!
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/5/17
August already and school starting soon, my buddy got a school bag from the church today. Then we hd a birthday party. Tempting dessert, and I did not resist. Tomorrow is Day 1 of my August recommit to having better health. Life goes on.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/18/17
With community gardens flourishing and the food truck on Wednesday at the YMCA, my fridge is packed with fresh veggies. I just bought my Vitamix so will be making smoothies, soups and stews. Question: if I have soup in my pressure cooker and bring it up to pressure then turn it off but don't crack the lid, will it keep 24 hours with out refrigeration? I don't have room in the frige. I would like to finish all the coo9king before sundown. Here goes, my menu for today:

B. Scrambled eggs with sauteed onion and chard leaf from the garden. Fresh strawberries
L. Chicken with cauliflower rice, squash, carrots,and bellpepper with jerk spices, Waldorf salad
D. Gumbo soup and zucchini dessert

Life is good and I have a plan today!!
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/21/17
Good morning. I had a fun filled weekend. I haven't been swimming in a week since the pool was closed at the YMCA for routine maintainance. I also haven't weighed! I have used my Vitamix to make smoothies, soups, sauces, granola, and veggie burgers. I have almost zero waste. I use the peels of apples, zucchini, and the seeds of cucumber/zucchini in the liquiid for smoothies, soups and my veggie burgers. But I have been sampling a lot, so I am afraid my weight will be up. So let me plan my menu!! Life is good.

B. Fruit and veggie smoothie
L. Salad with veggies and homemade Italian dressing, beans and chicken-like patty for protein.
D. Soup and small salad
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/3/17
Soup weather is upon us. I have taco soup and veggie gumbo in the fridge. Time to enjoy some hot pumpkin smoothies too. Life is good.
Last edited by omalani on September 11th, 2017, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/4/17
Todays menu:
B. Fruit and veggie smoothie (peach, mango, pineapple and yellow squash)
L. Veggie gumbo and corn thins with deli-sliced turkey and a few sweet potato chips
D. Beef patty with cheese, salad,an ear of corn, and squash dried apricot for dessert
9/5
B. Fruit and veggie smoothie
L. Taco salad with leftover taco soup and corn chips
D. Scrambled eggs with kale and onion, green beans and chickpea hashbrowns
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/11/17
My niece stayed with me 5 days and I gained 5 lbs. I can't eat wheat and sugar!! I back to making better choices today. I missed breakfast because I was late getting off to water aerobics. It was good to be back in the water again and I swam 10 laps. Life is good.
Menu:
L. finger salad, 3 corn thins and 3 slices of turkey pastrami, and blackberries
D. Split pea soup and a salad, blueberries for dessert
9/12/17
B. Calif. scramble and an apple
L. Taco salad
D. Veggie stew and small salad
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/15/17
Today I found my primary care doctor. She is young and bright and I like her manner. So now if I get ill and need hospitalization, I will have a doctor that knows me. I have a dentist I like and was referred to a good eye doctor. I changed to a new BP med and will see how that works out. This is a burden lifted!! I miss my doctor Steve in Lawton, he was a class act to follow. But look on the bright side if something happens to me in Lawton, I will have a doctor there as well. I really need to get back to basics and get this weight down!! I need some inspiration Ya'll. Life is good and I thank God everyday for another day.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

October 5th 2017 Starting in my treatment plan to correct spinal abnormalities
Today I started an experiment in the vegan approach to LDL. I am taking things off the alkaline-acid list of foods. I want to see if makes a difference in my cravings and general well being and in my arthritis. If any vegans have any advice for me, I would appreciate it. I know meat is very high on the acid list and requires lots of alkaline veggies to neutralize it. Pray for me. I am giving up all the wheat and other flours, pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar as Roger suggested in LDL. The protein is hard to get in without nut butters. I need to get a copy of Roger's book because I never found mine. Life is complicated, and without God, it is impossible. Thank you Roger for this beautiful plan.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/15/17
I have had a lot of slips and been eating a little meat and fish. However the cravings are stimulated more by the flour and sugar. Giving up good food that is not good for me personally is the most difficult part. There is no action on the board and it is difficult to come daily and no response so I don't post as much any more. Life is good in Iowa. :x
Aloha,
Leilani

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Keep on keeping on. You inspire me, Leilani! I am trying to get back on the straight and narrow!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/19/17
How quickly the days fly by. I went out to lunch with my exercise group and ate too much! Mexican food is difficult for me because I don't leave the chips and salsa alone. I should have ordered a salad!! celebrated October birthdays and they passed around the dessert, but I was full so didn't eat it. A small sucess and I left the rice on my plate as well. I need to plan what I am going to eat before I begin my day! I went over to my granddaughter's and we had movie night. We ate popcorn and had a big salad with lemon and EVOO. I also went to the zoo with the babies earlier for a brief time. I have a season pass so I can go for brief periods. Even at 8 and 9 months, they look and the animals and get excited. I bought tickets for us all to go to "Night Eyes" a program they have in October every year and the kids can wear costumes as the volunteers do as well. It is a great alternative for trick or treat. Life is sweet.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

MENUS FOR OCT.
10/22/17
B. Fresh pineapple and 1/2 c. ground turkey with tomato sauce
L. Lg. mixed green salad with blue cheese drg., spaghetti squash with meat sauce, 2 pieces of pineapple
D. Hot cocoa (ripple non dairy) 1 cup blackberries and a persimmon
Snack:Oatmeal granola and Ripple milk, raisins, and banana
10/23
B. Refrigerator oatmeal
L. Split pea soup and finger salad
D. Leftover squash and sauce, salad with cannelli pesto and lemon jc
10/24
B. 2 eggs and veggie scramble, pineapple
L. Soup and salad
D. Corn thins with chickpea spread, fruit and veggies
10/25/17
B. Refrigerator oatmeal
L. Bean soup and veggies, an apple for dessert
D. Corn thins with bean spread and veggies, salad/ Ital. drsg., fresh fruit
10/26/17
B. Refrigerator oatmeal with raisins and granola
L. Apple and small piece pumpkin bread
D. Power greens with garlic drsg., chips and salsa and Meatball sub,
Snack Chocolate Halloween candy and apple
10/28/17
B. 1 egg and veggie scramble and Asian pear
L. Veggie entree and chopped salad
D. Corn thins with chickpea spread and salad.
Snack: apple
10/29/17
B. Pumpkin Smoothie
L. Soup and chopped salad
D. Corn thins with veggie spread and veggies
Last edited by omalani on October 28th, 2017, 11:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Refrigerator Oatmeal:
1 banana mashed
1 cup oats
1 cup milk or non dairy
a dash of vanilla
cinnamon as desired
Put all ingredients in a mason jar and store in the fridge. Take it to work or eat at home.
Aloha,
Leilani