Omalani's excellent adventure

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Omalani's excellent adventure

Post by omalani »

November Menus:
11/1/17
B. Refrigerator oatmeal
L. Beef jerky and an apple
D. Apple
Snack: Cup of Ripple hot cocoa
11/3/17
B. Tofu and egg scrambled with veggies, small apple
L. Veggie soup, small bowl of collard greens
D. Veggie burger and Salad, fruit for dessert
11/4/17
B. Granola with Ripple dairy free milk
L. Veggie entree and salad
D. Chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy and small serving mac n cheese at my granddaughters home
11/6/17
B. Hot pumpkin smoothie
L. Soup and salad
D. Enchilada, chips and salsa, and cookies
11/8/17
B. Oatmeal with raisins, banana and almonds with Ripple
L. Soup nachco/chicken and corn chips
D. Fried Tofu in marinade and stir fry veggies
11/9/17
B. 2 boiled eggs and pineapple
L. Soup and salad
D. Salad and corn thins with veggie spread
11/10/17
B. Beans and egg and pineapple
L. Soup and salad
D. Veggie burger and salsa, salad
Last edited by omalani on November 8th, 2017, 10:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/25/17
I'm getting better with my menus and I am doing better with my eating. I find when I know what I have planned I do better and I am working on cutting out the in between eating when I am NOT HUNGRY. Pray for me. Life is better together with God leading us.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/25/17
My weight is down 10 lbs. since August 9th, unfortunately it is only regaining claimed territory. It will take a 25 lb. loss to get to my previous low. I feel like I am on the right track. I am going to Physical therapy 3 X weekly and exercising at home as well. My menus are a bit monotonous but it is what I like for now and I am using up food I have frozen and canned. The beans are very filling. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/27/17
I went to Night Eyes at the zoo with the grands and great grands and of course indulged in chocolate candy 5 pieces. I am suffering some heartburn as a result of that I also had a whole wheat meatball sub and some chips and salsa at my granddaughters. We had a great time and it was a long walk through the zoo. Back to step one. Life has it's ups and downs.
Aloha,
Leilani

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ten pounds gone is wonderful! Keep up the good work!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/27/17
Today was totally off the menu! Not by choice but the way it unfolded. I wasn't at home so I ate what I could. I started out with an egg cooked in 2/3 cup of chili that set off heartburn all day! It settled down some with an apple. For lunch I had some corn chips salsa and guacamole. That was followed by a snack of a few bites of cinnamon roll and a cup of tea. For dinner I had a salad with some chicken breast and a few bites of sweet potato. More heart burn!! Will have some Tums and if that doesn't knock it out, an apple. Life is unpredictable.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/1/17
I had a very busy day today! I started with prayer and Bible study, then water aerobics, I went to the Catholic thrift store and found some Pyrex baking dishes and some cute winter clothes for Aedan. The time slipped away and I was late for my Chiro. appt. but they said come on in. I am so grateful because the PT and adjustments are really helping me. I have been having problems with my knees and feet which throws my lower back out. I asked if shoes with poor support could be part of the problem and Dr. Candace said "yes" and directed me to DSW (designer shoe warehouse) So I got some Ryka sport shoes and some casual/church shoes that have style and comfort. With my rewards card I got $5 off for my birth month and will get $15 off my next purchase which will be some warm winter boots. They clerks were so helpful and helped me find some new shoes! I missed lunch and was hungry so ate some beef jerky that my YMCA friend brought me. It was so delicious and I had an apple too. then I delivered the things to Sam II, and got home in time to sign up for a Melaleuca preferred customer and ordered some new cosmetics to replace the old one I left in Calif. I need to take care of my skin better because age and chlorine have relly taken its toll! Not to mention that I walk around dehydrated most of the time. So I was hungry after prayer meeting and ate an apple. The I watched the news in the community room and had a cup of hot cocoa as a snack. I am tired now so will go to bed. How did 11:30 pm come so quickly?? Life has unexpected pleasures, Love my LDL freedom and the weight loss benefits. Challenge: Tell me some of your favorite winter recipes.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/3/17
I stuck close to my menu today. I have done a lot of cooking today, but not tasting too much. I cleaned out my frige and had to throw away some okra that I got from the community garden. I feel badly that someone else could have had them and used them. In the future I will cook my veggies and store them in 2 days. I am down another lb. I am so thankful for this WOE. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/4/17
What a day! I had a full day in church and had my ringer off, so I DIDN'T GET THE CALL FROM MY GRANDDAUGHTER, that she fell on the stairs and broke her leg. I rushed over and got there just before they returned from urgent care. It is a spiral fracture of the left fibula. She is a nursing mom and she didn't want any meds that would come through the milk. Fortunately when her husband started work a month ago they took the high option and she still is on her dad's insurance till she is 26, so they won't have any out of pocket expenses, but since she has a 9 month old and has been babysitting her cousins 10 month old, not only does she have no income but she will need help with her child now. Looks like I will be needed to help her out. Her husband is off Monday and Tuesday to take her to the doctor and her other cousin is a nurse and off Wed. and Thur. I will be there Friday. We are praying That she won't have to be on crutches for 8 weeks!! They just moved into their house today which is a ranch, so only the front steps. Her husband is so wonderful and waits on her, takes care of his son and does household chores, cooks and does the laundry. They rented a home with Laundry in the basement. Her cousin teased her about going to extremes to get out of the moving. Her mom is in Puerto Rico on deployment with the US Public Health Corps, so her auntie is helping out too. It is so hard to see the ones you love suffer. Just glad to be here and in good health to help my family out. Life is better when you have a loving family.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/6/17
What a day yesterday! It is so hard to watch your children and their children and so on down the line, suffer pain and sickness. I am helping my granddaughter with her baby since she broke her leg Saturday. To make matters worse, she has been caring for her cousins child while she works. Now I have 2 great grandbabies that need my help. I know we will work this out with God's help. Both moms are nursing their babies so they need to be near their mom. Pray for me. Second problem is wanting to eat and provide comfort foods for my kids. I will do better today. I am taking my food their to share with Samantha. Hope she likes hot pumpkin smoothies and corn thin Sammys. God will make a way so I trust him. in the meanwhile, I am going over in the pm to see what I can do. Life is hard sometimes, but Jesus says put my yoke upon you and He enables me to endure.

PS: She broke the fibula, front and back and was casted today. Now 6 weeks of no weight bearing. But what about the babies?
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/8/17
Another busy day and I have readjusted my menu. Yesterday I ate dinner out with my great granddaughter. I had a piece of vegan pizza with a thin crust and a finger salad (broccoli, cauliflower and cucumber) with sesame ginger dip and Lunch a grilled chicken cool wrap. I did get a pedi/mani and wore my new Ryka walking shoes which are very comfortable. I have lost enough weight that I can bend over to put them on and breath at the same time. My flexability and mobility are increased since I have been going to the Chiropractor and getting physical therapy. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/24/18
I'm at the library again, my laptop crashed. I have been on Facebook but miss LDL. Maybe I can schedule time in the library till I get it fixed. I'm doing okay but still at a snails pace in the 220's. I enjoy being around my family but we eat together and celebrate together and my church and YMCA group always socialize around food, so that has been difficult. The LDL program is so simple and if I want to I can adapt my meals. I find it hard to be willing to be willing though. Love you all and just want you to know I am among the living. Life is good :D

Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/15/18
Here I am in Alaska and using the family computer. I am doing a lot of the cooking, so I have no excuses. I have been eating flour and sugar. I will go back to my WOE and I have plenty of veggies. The produce is so expensive here. I want to go back to writing out a menu, but will do it daily. Tonight we will have meatloaf, veggie and salad. and fruit for dessert. Life is good and feels like living in a postcard.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/16/18
Another day and another new start. My menu for today:
B. Tofu/egg scramble with veggies and an orange
L. Rice with veggies, scrambled tofu, and a finger salad
D. Fish with veggie salsa, 2 cups salad with 2 Tb. drsg., and spaghetti squash Italiano, fresh pineapple for dessert
Today I will take a long walk and try to get to the base pool for a swim. I need to get back to exercising and sleeping at regular hours. life is good.
Last edited by omalani on May 16th, 2018, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/16/18
Is anyone out there? I find that living with someone is not easy. I'm so accustomed to having my life on my terms. Having grandchildren who act like babies is different than taking care of babies. I help out and no one picks up after themselves!! Frustrating!! I am reading a book, Life is hard Food is easy. I have seen in the first few chapters that my problem is not empty/Hunger but emotional eating and emptiness. I don't do well in chaos and yet I rebel vs strict structure. I am working hard everyday to avoid filling the holes and cracks with endless eating. Life is learning to live with yourself and others, but it starts with putting God first.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/17/18
I didn't do well today. We just cleaned out all the leftovers and will start fresh tomorrow. I went to the movies tonight with my grandson Jacob to see Life of the party. I t was funny and we had a great laugh but also learned a little about building a life around other people and suddenly lose it all. I had a good tome but ate too much popcorn! Life is fun.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/18/18 Menu:
B. Kale, boiled egg and fresh pineapple
L. slice of bread with deli sliced beef, and few bites of gyro on pita bread
D. Chicken and dumplings, and finger salad
Last edited by omalani on May 18th, 2018, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/18/18
This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. :-BD
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/20/18
We went to the Mermaid Festival in Seward Alaska. The trip was 2 hours but ABSOLUTELY breath taking even though it was cloudy with a gentle rain. We enjoyed the music and my daughter fixed a picnic lunch that we enjoyed. My menu is as follows:
B. Granola with milk
L. 3 corn thins with deli sliced beef, onion, tomato, spinach eaten open face and apple slices for dessert
D. Corn beef, potatoes, carrots and cabbage (I had a small piece of garlic bread and 3 oreo cookies-but it stops there)
I have a hard time when I eat with family because I want to eat what they eat and my family are all normal weight.
Back to the book!! Life is a challenge.
Aloha,
Leilani