Mtngirl's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Mtngirl's Journal

Post by omalani »

8/14/17
Hello Mountain girl. Your menus sound great. I have struggled this summer. I have stopped by the St. Vincent De Paul thrift shop and got free bread for the potlucks. Then I pick up protein packs at the YMCA on Wed. They are surplus from the food truck and the farmers market. I am experimenting with the soy and rice packs, which I take to potluck on Sat. We have many that need a meal! So eating the soy granules/rice has had my weight creeping up but mostly the bread! Yesterday I took the bread out of the freezer and trashed it. I am on a yeast free diet which is basically LDL but no mushrooms, vinegar, ketchup or prepared sauces. So after 1 day of clean eating and drinking alkaline water my blood pressure is down and no joint pain. I will read some journals tonight and visit with my daughter as she is spending the night. I love iiving in Des Moines around my family. However we eat out and have a lot of meals together and I tend to overeat the sugar and bread! Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

8/15/17

Today I had the last of my cantaloupe and probably about a tablespoon of Greek yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon. I can't believe this but I am craving a honey crisp apple.

Didn't eat lunch until about 4:00. Had meat loaf, squash casserole, baby Lima beans, leftover mashed cauliflower. I recently discovered sugar free canned cherry pie filling. 1/3 cup = 30 calories. So I had some of that. I'm sure we are not supposed to have that pie filling but that small amount satisfied sugar craving. I'm out of fruit right now.

Tonight I had leftover cup of hot steak stew (totally LDL) and decaf coffee.

Omalani, I'm really going to try to stick strictly LDL this time and that means not running out of fruit and having favorite LDL foods on hand. Going to try to keep carrot raisin salad and apple Waldorf salad on hand. They taste like desserts to me.

Have a great day.
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/18/17
Thank you for the encouragement. I love carrot /raisin salad and waldorf salad. I have all the ingredients and I need to start my menus again. I just bought a vita mix blender off Craigs list and have tons of veggies, especially squash and cucumber which are good in smoothies. Happy eating. I don't know why I choose to be enslaved by my cravings when I have the freedom of LDL. I choose to make poor choices and pay a high price for them. I am making a zucchini crisp for the church potluck tomorrow. So easy and taste like apple crisp. Then I can use my apples for a waldorf salad. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Am having hardest time giving up NF vanilla Greek yogurt for breakfast.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I found Ripple, a non-dairy milk that is rich and creamy. Also nut protein milk. Both have pea protein and more protein and calcium and less sugar than milk I enjoy a combination of 1/2 oats & 1/2 soy granule for a hot cereal several times a week. It hasn't stopped my weight loss and of course the hot pumpkin smoothies. It's so cold here in winter. (Iowa) but my family is here and I love seeing them daily. It was a good move for me. I just need to toughen up some more. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I found Ripple, a non-dairy milk that is rich and creamy. Also nut protein milk. Both have pea protein and more protein and calcium and less sugar than milk I enjoy a combination of 1/2 oats & 1/2 soy granule for a hot cereal several times a week. It hasn't stopped my weight loss and of course the hot pumpkin smoothies. It's so cold here in winter. (Iowa) but my family is here and I love seeing them daily. It was a good move for me. I just need to toughen up some more. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

July 1, 2021

Breakfast - Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Lunch - Chili and small hamburgers on corn thins, fresh fruit salad

Starting over again. I gained some weight being in quarantine over a year and am going to really try to succeed this time. I've always had problems with the beans but have heard of a brand, "Eden" that is pressure cooked and maybe easier to digest. I think I can get them at Whole Foods. I see some mention on the boards of a new book maybe coming out soon. Can't wait!!

I may be the only one on the boards but I'm going to commit to writing my daily food diary and reading the old journals that are so encouraging.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back. Glad to see I have some company here.
We pressure cook our dried pintos and I really like them cooked that way.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

July 2, 2021

Breakfast - banana oatmeal smoothie
Lunch - grilled chicken salad, few bites of chicken tortilla soup
Dinner - chili, tiny slider hamburgers on corn thins, about 1/3 cup sugar free cherry pie filling with spoon of sugarfree cheesecake sauce.

not too hard for second day

July 3, 2021

Breakfast - Banana oatmeal smoothie
Lunch - hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms, butter bean "mashed potatoes", roasted carrots, cole slaw (Very Good Meal)
Dinner - ham and cheese omelet, sliced tomato, corn thins, fresh fruit salad

about 1/3 cup sugar free cherry pie filling with spoon of sugarfree cheesecake sauce. (was trying to make SF cheesecake instant pudding with almond milk but it never thickened - just a thick sauce. been putting a tablespoon of this over fresh fruit.)

Until writing down this food diary, I didn't realize I was eating so much food. I think all of this was LDL except the almond milk. I know the LDL Pumpkin Delight recipe uses a SF pudding mix so maybe the cheesecake pudding (sauce) is ok for a sometimes treat. Anyway Day 2 and 3 was easy
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I am loosing even eating frozen berries with Greek Yogurt for desert. All depends on what stops the weight loss.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

7/6/21

no breakfast
lunch-chicken salad on corn thins, fruit salad
dinner - bbq chicken, slaw, roasted carrots, baked beans, SF pudding :(
popcorn
still hungry - 1/2 cup black eyed peas, corn thin

have one small container of vanilla greek yogurt left. I like to put a teaspoon or two on fresh fruit salad and sprinkle with cinnamon. I will miss the yogurt.

I'm going to make Jazmyn's Schloop this weekend.