Mtngirl's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mtngirl

Re: Mtngirl's Journal

Post by mtngirl »

Well last night or should I say early this morning, I got hungry... So hungry I could not go to sleep. I went to the kitchen and fixed popcorn. It felt funny sitting at my kitchen table eating popcorn but that did the trick.

Breakfast.......smoothie
Lunch will be.....hamburger steak with mushrooms and onions, cauliflower mashed potatoes, cole slaw,
Black eyed peas and peach pie for dessert. This is actually one of my favorite LDL meals.

If hunger strikes tonight, I have frozen grapes, leftover popcorn from early this morning and Israeli Chickpea Soup.

Have a blessed and safe Labor Day,
Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Breakfast.....smoothie, two corn thins, two eggs, two slices bacon (I know, I know) bad, bad

But lunch was wonderful and good, good.

Leftovers from yesterday....The other half of my hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms, cauliflower mashed potatoes, Black-eyed peas, slaw and roasted corn. This was the first time I have tried cooking corn this way. Pour frozen corn kernels on foil lined baking sheet or pan (I used non-stick foil), sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix up and spread out in one layer. Broil for 5 minutes. I broiled mine for about nine minutes until some of the kernels were beginning to brown. This was so easy and quick and no clean up mess......this is the way I'm cooking corn from now on.

Since I had that overly large, partly bad for me breakfast, I waited later in the afternoon to eat lunch.
I have my leftover peach pie waiting for dessert tonite.

No stomach trouble so far like in the past. I think I can tolerate the lentils and black-eyed peas better than other legumes.

Blessings
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have been eating corn on the cob spreading it with a thin layer of LF mayo with EVOO and sprinkling it with Mrs. Dash Fiesta lime. I like the touch of sour and spices that takes the place of salt. I will try roasting it your way with the Mrs. Dash FL which will cut down on the fat. Life is good.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Breakfast.....a few grapes

Lunch.....hot steak stew, two corn thins, peach pie

Dinner......same as yesterday plus hot blueberry pie

I hope I'm not eating too much.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Breakfast.....few sips of smoothie, too busy, not really hungry

Lunch.....chicken fajitas, rice, beans

Dinner....rest of breakfast smoothie, roasted corn, black eyed peas, slaw
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Hi Everyone, (where is everyone).

Yesterday was a real crazy day and I hope to not get in that situation again. I ran out of LDL food, had to get some work done on the house and then wait around for service man to come. My menu was odds and ends but today I am going to stock up my pantry.

Breakfast was an apple. Lunch was two fried eggs, bacon on corn thins. Dinner was a granola bar I found and some sf pudding. Had some popcorn. About midnight I finally made some oatmeal with applesauce.

Today I am going to plan my menu for a week, get my soups cooked and frozen and have emergency pantry supplies. Little Mary's chicken corn chowder and Israeli chickpea soup can both quickly be made with just canned ingredients from the pantry. Going to start keeping some canned chicken on hand.

Blessings to all today,
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I had a fairly good day, considering the circumstances. I had breakfast with my 3 yo great granddaughter. We ate boiled eggs and 3 colors of grapes which she sorted and counted by color. Then we did some take away math as she ate them. She is delightful! At lunch time we were in Whole Foods, so I got a salad from the food bar. I got 2 kinds of garbanzo salad, garlic green beans, beet salad and red onions sliced. I ate the beets, green beans and a little red quinoa and green garbanzo salad while I awaited my 2 daughters who were still shopping. I took the garbanzo salad and red onions in a baggie, to the restaurant where I choose a salad and put the beans and onions on top. It was fabulous. My grand daughter let me have a bite of her roasted beet salad with mixed greens and walnuts. I had some cheese from the appetizer plate. Then at the end of dinner I blew it by tasting some wine and eating some onion rings. We went back to the kids apartment and had cake and gelato to celebrate the birthday people (DD, SIL, & GGD). It was fun and I am back to square 1 and strict LDL. It is off to church this morning and then an afternoon with the children. Life needs to be celebrated!
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

I finally tried roasted Parmesan green beans....so easy and delicious. This is the way I am going to cook green beans from now on. Made lentil soup for the first time too. Very delicious and I seem to be able to tolerate the lentils better than other legumes. The soup was so thick I had to add water to my bowl, but I may leave some thick and spoon it over cauliflower rice (like red beans and rice). Has anyone made cauliflower rice? I need to try that.

Wish everyone posted again....miss you all.

Have a blessed day,
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Love that cauliflower rice, so good alone or with beans or sgettie sauce, I fixed a smoothie yesterday and had only a frozen banana and some welch's 100% jc. so there was shredded lettuce that my SIL had brought home from taco day at work, I figure it needed to be used, so I added 2 handfuls to my smoothie. It made a huge smoothie and tasted goo too. Kind od a breakfast salad. =))
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Breakfast.....hot peach pie

Lunch.....made chicken fajitas. Put on corn thins instead of tortillas and pinto beans. This was all ok but not very satisfying. Had an apple for dessert.

Dinner was just a few dry roasted edamames and LDL ice cream.

I have to confess it was not easy to stay on LDL today. I would have cheated if I had any cheat food...lol. I've slowly gotten rid of most of my non LDL food. I think my cravings for sweets and bread are going away but I also wasn't craving LDL food either. I guess that is a good sign. Don't eat if you are not hungry.

Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Five more days until monthly weigh-in. I've not had as much trouble with beans this time but I have gotten tired of my menus. Had about three meals during the month that were not totally LDL but it does get easier to resist. So far I haven't noticed my clothes being any looser...I don't actually FEEL like I've lost any weight but we will see.

Breakfast......smoothie, one corn thin (needed something chewy). Sometimes I make my smoothie really thick and eat with a spoon. I like the hot fruit pies for breakfast too.

Lunch.....Alice Springs Chicken..might need Food Police on this one. One of my favorite eat-out meals is Alice Springs Chicken from Outback Steakhouse. I'm going to try to make that today the LDL way.
Grilled chicken breast with a small amt of honey mustard dressing on top, then sauteed mushrooms, then diced sautéed Canadian bacon (instead of regular bacon) then sprinkled with low/fat or ff Colby jack cheese.
Heated in oven til cheese melts. I'm going to have that with a tossed salad and green beans. Hot peach pie for dessert.

It's apple season so am trying to eat more apples. Love honey crisp and ambrosia apples. Until I break this craving for something sweet after meals, apples are a good substitute.

I still have my intense craving for toasted pecans. I want a tsp on oatmeal, I want a tsp in my chicken salad, I want a tsp in my broccoli salad.

What's a good substitute for pecans....lol

Have a good day all
Mtngirl

Fall is spectacular on the mountain...thank you God.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

One month weigh-in.......down 6 lbs.

Have to confess to a feeling of disappointment. I thought it would be more, but there were some things that I shouldn't have done like finishing up the nuts and yogurt I had on hand, eating out some non-LDL meals, not being able to eat a lot of beans, etc. so I should be pleased with my six pound loss.

Will do better this coming month.

Have a blessed day,
Mtngirl
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Mtngirl- 6 pounds is a great weight-loss! Picture 24 sticks of butter stacked up on your kitchen counter- now that's an impressive visual. Now imagine attaching that much fat to various parts of your body!!! Remember, too, that on LDL, this is a real weight loss, not dehydration like is caused by crash diets and high-protein plans. Just keep doing what you're doing. LDL is NOT a quick weight loss plan, but a sustainable lifestyle for us.
Again, CONGRATULATION!!!
Pam :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Thank you Pam, you are a real encourager.

Side note for you..just now before I checked my emails, I picked up my book on French Handsewing by Sarah Howard Stone and was looking at the heirloom wedding dresses. Isn't that an amazing coincidence "Ms. Heirloom".

Have a blessed day
Mtngirl
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

My screen name is taken from my business- Future Heirlooms. I used to make custom wedding gowns before I broke my hip last year and have had three surgeries as a result. Now I am semi-retired and upcycle vintage and family wedding gowns into christening gowns, first communion dresses, and quilts.

You can do this, Mtngirl! Slow and steady wins the race!!!
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Last night I made "Bill's Mashed Potatoes" for the first time. They were good but a little bland, might even like them better than cauliflower mashed potatoes.

I sprinkled garlic powder when I mixed them but I think I need something else to perk them up....any suggestions?

Thanks
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Try Zesti's bean gravy, pan drippings, carmelized onion, chicken or beef seasoning and pureed beans (white for chicken and pintos for beef. I am losing again, 19lbs. and I'll be in "One"derland, Goodbye "Two"terville!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

WOW! CONGRADULATIONS...YOU GO GF YOU GO!!
I am going to join you in ONEderland one day soon. My goal is in 3 months, so be ready to Partee Hartee.. :ymparty: :ymparty: =))
You are doing so AWESOME..!!
This time of the year, I really crave my biscuits and gravy, and when I do. This is my go too and I don't care what time of day it is. I use the butter beans too, smashed up, add herbs and cover with gravy.
Even using my corn thins to dip. I don't miss flour at all.
I just put the words "bean gravy" in the search (RH corner) up top and WOW! lots and lots of good gravy ideas from everyone. It changed my life forever!
I keep "balls" of frozen creamed beans in my freezer. That way, whenever I am cooking what ever juice is left in the pan, or what ever "little pieces of flavor are stuck on the bottom. I just shake or add fresh or dried herbs to the pan, add water or broth and bring to a boil, add the ball(s)l. WaLa..gravy. I am happy to say. I have used up all of my OLD "herbs from the Great Depression, never throw out, inherited from my Mother, because I just liked the little tins", Herbs. Any herb you like, or have never tried. I love finding those in the store and now, I am growing my own..
I love playing with my food.. :))
MarySimmons recipe of roasting veggies and then putting into a blender. WOW GREAT GRAVY!
I do this all the time to "thicken" many of my soups. Oh, the idea's are endless..and good for ya too!

Zesti,
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

This morning I am sipping a mug of vegetable soup for breakfast. Just felt like soup! I put it in my Ninja for a few seconds to make it sippable?? This was one of the many wonderful hints I got from these boards several years ago. When I was working, I was unable to take time for lunch (part time job) someone suggested that I purée my soups, take to work in coffee mug and just heat in microwave, sip at desk while working. This was wonderful. No one realized I was "eating" lunch instead of drinking coffee.

Still struggling with sugar cravings. Eating a lot of hot blueberry, peach, apple pie. Now that it is apple season, I am going to make Waldorf salads for dessert. Just couldn't imagine eating Waldorf salad without roasted pecans in it, but I accidentally ran across little Mary's recipe for Waldorf salad using dry roasted edamame. I am going to try that.

Have a great day,
Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

I saw a recipe on line for Lentil Chili that I might make and freeze for those evenings when I need a meatless soup, when I want a little something other than popcorn & smoothie. I'll let u know how it turns out. BTW, I've just discovered lentil soups and am trying out different recipes.

Later,
Mtngirl