Mtngirl's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mtngirl

Re: Mtngirl's Journal

Post by mtngirl »

3/8/17

Breakfast - Smoothie

Work and meeting. Had to switch lunch and dinner.

Lunch - Butternut Squash Soup

Dinner - Hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms, green beans, corn, salad
SF Jello
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/10/17

Good Morning Everyone

Been watching the weather channel this morning to see how much of Winter Storm Stella I am going to get. Hope not much!

Trying really hard to just eat LDL foods. My stomach doesn't like the beans so I have to watch that carefully.

B - fruit smoothie
L - rotisserie chicken, corn, some Schloop, corn thins. Had to wait to eat lunch and was really hungry.
D - butternut squash soup, grapes

I really miss everyone being on message board.

Have a blessed day
Mtngirl
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Your menus are awesome. Right now I am so stressed at my job I have no desire to cook anything. Conseqently I have not been loosing. Good to see you back posting.

As far as the beans, try using the ones that have the least gas effect. Blackeyed peas have never bothered me much and can be filling. I prefer the canned peas they say are made with fresh shelled peas on the label. The worst are the red kidney beans so I use the pintos instead. The Canellini's are white kidney beans but do not bother me. Also black beans are good. When using canned beans I always rinse unless the ingredients say only beans, water and salt. I also take a good probiotic regularly.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mtngirl

Re: Mtngirl's Journ

Post by mtngirl »

3/12/17

Hi Everyone,

Woke up this morning to 1-2 inches of snow. The woods are beautiful. I don't drive in this kind of weather so I won't be going to church this morning.

Thank you Linda for your post about the kinds of beans. I also found that I don't have as much trouble with black eyed peas as with other beans. I'm glad I like them. Lentils don't bother me so much either.
I'll try black beans in the Schloop instead of red kidneys next time.

3/11/17

B - cantaloupe chunks
L - rotisserie chicken, french green beans, cauliflower mashed potatoes, hot blueberry pie (this was a very delicious menu and easy to prepare - will have often)
D - butternut squash soup, SF raspberry jello with SF fruit cocktail

Have a blessed Sunday
Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Menu for 3/12/17

B - Fruit Smoothie
L - hamburger steak with mushrooms and onions, cauliflower, tossed salad with slaw on top, hot peach pie.
D - Hot steak stew, corn thins with small amt of palmetto pimento cheese, leftover hot peach pie

I haven't had any popcorn since I restarted LDL and I do find myself getting hungry sometimes at night. I think popcorn helps with this.

Have a blessed day
Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/13/17

B - fruit smoothie
L - fruit, rotisserie chicken, corn, mashed cauliflower
D - butternut squash soup, hot blueberry pie, a few corn thins
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

3/14/17
Sounds really good. I am in the middle of a move and stressed out. Time to do LDL again. Thinks are moving so fast. I prayed Lord open doors and confirm that this is your will for me. So, last Thurs. 3/9/17 Sam and Ryan were going to the bank and saw lease signs at Park Place in Des Moines Iowa. (Always wanted to buy that place when playing Monopoly) They made an appointment Fri. and sent me a video on FB . I said I like it and they paid the deposit and I filled out the paperwork. Jen came down Sat. (sermon in church Sabbath was from Isaiah 6:1-6 Here I am Lord, send me), They packed me up on Sun. and took the first load up Mon. I have to finish packing and get rid of so much stuff! and move by 3/30. So how's that for open doors? Pray for m to let go of stuff and start a new chapter in the Hawkeye state. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Morning Everyone,

I just had to weigh this morning because it's been a week and I just felt "skinnier". Down 5.5 lbs I think but am not sure about starting weight. I will try to stay off scales until end of a month.

Hi Leilani. Good luck on your move. I know how it is - I'm trying to do the same thing. I want to get out of my home and into a condo. Need to let go, what to sell, what to keep, what to toss - decisions, decisions. No decisions about what to eat though, just find a few really good LDL menus and stick to them.

3/14/17 what I plan to eat today

B - bowl of mixed fruit
L - hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms, mashed cauliflower, slaw, black eyed peas, fruit
D - going to try making Little Mary's butternut squash soup today. Will have that and hot blueberry pie.

Finding frozen riced cauliflower has really been helpful. It's flavored with garlic and so easy to prepare. I like it equally as well as the mashed butterbeans. If I like making my own butternut squash soup, I will stock up on the frozen butternut squash chunks too.

Have a blessed day
Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/15/17

Not having much variety in my menus right now but that is ok. Eating the LDL food you like is the main thing.

B - banana

L - rotisserie chicken, cauliflower, black eyed peas, corn, slaw. For dessert I had 1/3 cup of sugar free canned cherry pie filling-30 calories. That was probably not LDL approved but the ingredients didn't look too bad and it was just enough to satisfy a craving for cherry pie.

D - same as lunch but smaller amounts and hot blueberry pie.

I'm finding I like smaller amounts of a variety of LDL foods rather than just a meat, salad, veggie.

I bought two bags of frozen blueberries yesterday and were they ever expensive but Hot Blueberry Pie is my favorite LDL treat.

I eat a lot at lunch but I'm still hungrier for more than just smoothie and popcorn for dinner. Why is that?
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/16/17

B - bowl of sliced fruit - banana, grapes, cantaloupe, tangerines

L - late, after 3:00, taco salad. Defrosted a container of Schloop, added some taco seasoning and served it over lettuce topped with black olives, shredded low fat cheese and salsa. Very good. The Schloop already had meat, pinto beans and corn in it.

D - was late too. Hungry again. Had small leftover serving of hamburger steak, cauliflower, finished off my black eyed peas and corn. Hot blueberry pie.

Hope I'm not eating too much to lose weight. Everything I had to eat today was very good and LDL

Omalani, how is the move coming?
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/17/17

B - fried egg on corn thins, bowl of fresh fruit
L - cup of tomato basil soup and palmetto cheese on corn thins.
Leftover hot blueberry pie
D - went out to eat
Chicken Marsala over spaghetti squash, salad and small amt of an Italian dish, not sure what it was.
First time for spaghetti squash and it was wonderful. I'm going to buy a spaghetti squash today and try adapting some pasta recipes I like using spaghetti squash.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/18/17

B-fruit, egg, corn thins
L- rotisserie chicken, corn, cauliflower, hot blueberry pie
D-tomato basil soup, palmetto cheese on corn thins
S-cheese melted on chicken on corn thins

3/19/17

B-grapes, tangerine
L-hamburger steak, mashed cauliflower, corn, broccoli
D-butternut squash soup, hot peach pie

3/20/17

B-grapes, tangerine
L-cup of butternut squash soup while waiting for frozen cod fish to thaw. I do hate to stop my work and cook my main meal for lunch. I plan on having pan sautéed cod fish with tarter sauce, broccoli, tossed salad and maybe some black eyed peas.
D-had fish for dinner instead of lunch. Leftover peach pie.

With my butternut squash soup I had two corn thins lightly spread with honey mustard sauce topped with shredded rotisserie chicken and sprinkled with low fat cheese-put in microwave til cheese melts.
Sugar free cherry pie filling.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/21/17

Hi Little Mary. Went back and started reading your food journals. I love your menus! I made your butternut squash soup and love it but I think I put too much Italian seasoning in it. It's still delicious.

Yesterday I cooked a spaghetti squash - first time! It was great and much easier than expected. I had a little bit to taste and today I'm planning on having it with spaghetti sauce and salad for lunch.

B-fruit bowl

L-spaghetti (Mama Rao's marinara sauce with basil. This is so good I'm never making spaghetti sauce again.) I put this over spaghetti squash and it was wonderful. Also had tossed salad. Leftover fruit bowl from breakfast

D-butternut squash soup, corn thins, hot blueberry pie.

Hope everyone has a great day.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/22/17

B-scrambled egg on two corn thins sprinkled with low fat cheese and microwaved til cheese melts.
Smoothie

L - spaghetti squash, spaghetti sauce

D - tried my favorite pasta dish using the last of my spaghetti squash. Cook onions and garlic in olive oil, add sliced grilled chicken, sliced mushrooms, fresh spinach, lemon juice. I put this over the squash and sprinkled some Parmesan cheese. This is so good, I could eat it every day.

Snack - hot blueberry pie. Just a small amt. save rest for quick, breakfast tomorrow morning.

i had two protein meals today and I know it's ok at the beginning to eat whenever you're hungry. I've been on LDL now for 16 days and am waiting for my hunger to lessen. Hope it's soon.

Have a blessed day
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/23/17

B-tangerine, grapes
L-meat loaf, black eyed peas, mashed cauliflower, Cole slaw, little bit of left over hot blueberry pie.
D-butternut squash soup, corn thins, hummus, Apple (was hungry)

3/24/17

B......mixed fruit bowl
L......meat loaf, black eyed peas, cauliflower, Cole slaw, hot blueberry pie
D......same as lunch but just a little bit leftovers

3/25/17

B.....grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple
L.....spaghetti squash, hamburger steak, broccoli. About half way through lunch, I decided spaghetti squash really does not go with hamburger steak. LOL
D.....tomato soup, corn thins with small amt of palmetto cheese, hot blueberry pie.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/26/17

B.....none, church

L.....leftover hamburger steak with sautéed onions and mushrooms, butterbean mashed potatoes,
Black eyed peas, corn. 1/3 cup SF cherry pie filling (30 calories) with leftover half banana sliced on top.
Yummy lunch

D.....little bit of leftover spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash. Still hungry so I had some Schloop

S.....hot blueberry pie
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/27/17

B.....fresh fruit bowl

L.....made Little Mary's chicken corn chowder today. This is always so good. This would go so great with one of my favorite salads - romaine, diced fresh ripe pear, 1 tsp of chopped pecans, blue cheese crumbles with Panera Fuji Apple dressing. I WISH I could have this. I REALLY WISH I could have 1 tsp of chopped nuts but I won't. Three weeks today without bread, sugar, yogurt, NUTS. Getting close to one month weigh in.

D....mostly vegetables. Corn, black eyed peas, cauliflower, leftover chicken

S.....hot blueberry pie

Three weeks and I'm still very hungry for dinner. Think I'll make some Joanie's Minestrone from the red book to have on hand when hunger strikes. Only has one can of beans in recipe. Also bought some fresh mint in grocery to make Little Mary's Simmons Salmon.

3/28/17 - what I plan to have

B.....Fresh Fruit

L.....Simmons Salmon, salad, green beans, corn

S.....Baked Apple

D.....smoothie, popcorn
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

3/29/17

B.....fresh fruit bowl

L.....tomato soup, corn thins, sliced rotisserie chicken

D.....chicken, spinach, mushroom over spaghetti squash, baked apple
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/6/17 I love your menus! I need to start eating small servings of my favorite foods. I have been enjoying all the fruits in season. I like eating the fruit bowls instead of smoothies because it seems like more food to me. I am going to need to buy bananas in smaller amts. because I have been known to eat 3 or 4 bananas a day! I like the planned desserts too. I think I'll make peach pie tomorrow. I need to be good to myself. Life is good in Des Moines, I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I have been eating out a lot with family celebrations and holidays. Last night was Cinco de Mayo and the celebration of my granddaughters 25th BD. Sunday is a recreation of Easter for those that missed the family dinner. So glad to have my family near me.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

8/12/17

Reread all of Jazmyn's journal and now I am encouraged again.

Breakfast....cantaloupe chunks, banana slices sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with a dollop of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt. Also egg and one corn thin.

Lunch.....SUPER GREAT! One grilled chicken breast sliced thinly and lightly sautéed in little bit of butter and sprinkled with McCormicks Montreal chicken seasoning,
mashed cauliflower, carrot and raisin salad. I live near a restaurant that sells chicken breasts already grilled to take home. I usually buy 4 to 6 at a time, bring them home, slice or dice them, and then pack individually in freezer.
So handy for grilled chicken salads, little Mary's chicken corn chowder, regular chicken salad, etc. next time I saute them just to heat them up, I will use a tad of coconut oil instead of butter.

Tonight I plan on having Joanie's Minestrone, corn thins

I think I read in General Discussion that there is an update to the Red Book and now we can have protein at dinner too. Is that right?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mtngirl