Mtngirl's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Mtngirl's Journal

Post by omalani »

You might try the lentil tabbouli on the recipe board it was great. I cooked the lentils al dente drained them and it was really good and very filling.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Good Morning All,

It's 9:00 am and I have already had my oversized coffee cup of cantaloupe cubes, grapes and sliced banana...had that at 6:00 am.....and now I am really hungry again. I want to have a bowl of shredded wheat or a bowl of oatmeal but I'll try to resist. I think I'll defrost a container of my lentil soup. Soup at 9am sounds weird but I'm gonna go for it!!

Lunch is going to be hamburger steak, cole slaw and mashed butter beans
(I made these last night and splashed in a little too much skim milk in the Ninja) but they are still edible. I'll leave out milk next time. Can't believe I waited so long to try mashed butter beans for mashed potatoes. They are delicious.

Stay warm today. Am having icy, wintry weather where I live.

Mtngirl
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Starting Over.....I get so frustrated that I can't succeed on LDL as well as I did when I joined some years back. It's the beans. I like them but they don't like me! I'm having a lot of digestion problems and am going to include some yogurt in my diet until I finish the containers in my refrigerator and then see how I'm doing. I made joanies minestrone which only has one can of beans in the whole recipe and will try small amounts of that too.

8/28/2015

Breakfast - Smoothie

Lunch - Grilled pork chop, Apple slaw, Lemon Pepper green beans, leftover salad

Dinner - leftover smoothie from breakfast
Corn chowder
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Some of us have to adapt the plan to our individual systems. I think that corn (and even popcorn- which I love) keeps me from losing weight at this stage. I have eliminated it for now and am losing again. Some foods, although healthy, may not be our friends.

Best wishes on achieving your weight loss and health goals. Keep us posted.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I too have been in a 2 year stall and gained 15 lb. on my vacation, but it was processed foods "that done me in". (quote from My Fair Lady) It has been hard getting back to basics. And I must confess I experiment too much. It is always harder when you are cooking food for others who are not affected by carbs. I also have a bad habit of eating while I cook. However, life is good. Just take baby steps.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

chewy

Post by chewy »

how about a fruit and soup,popcorn flush?i would join you !
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I'm in starting tomorrow. I have already eaten 2 meals today. But plan tomorrow and will eat 85% raw. Smoothies and veggie soups? with popcorn and corn thins? Have a souper day all y'all.
Aloha,
Leilani

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Well LDL friends I am going to try again. The beans don't agree with my tummy but I'll go with this way of eating and just try to eat small amt of beans and hopefully I can do that with no problem.

Breakfast....bowl of cantaloupe cubes, grapes, sliced banana

Lunch......grilled chicken breast with chopped cooked spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic and about 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice penne pasta. (I found this brown rice pasta in the specialty section of local supermarket. It's very good and I'm just going to try it for occasional brown rice).
Grapes and watermelon cubes.

Dinner.....smoothie and cup of Italian vegetable soup

Snack...stewed apple with small dollop of cool whip

Question for food police....I don't know too much about water chestnuts. Are they allowed? Can they be substituted for nuts in recipes?
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

I tried to stick to my planned menu. I found a bag of steam in bag frozen corn kernels in the freezer so I cooked those and added some to my lunch.

got hungry early afternoon and had Brunswick stew and some corn thins.

It is now almost 9 pm and I think I will have my stewed apples.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I don't remember water chesnuts coming up before, but since they are the consistency of radishes, I would think they are OK. Your menus sound delish and quite motivating. I need to get with the program myself.

The cool whip has high fructose corn syrup in it. If you are going to indulge, RediWhip might be a better choice IMHO.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Thanks Linda. I'll try Rediwhip

It's easier starting over if you can eat your favorite LDL foods. I'm indulging in cantaloupe and watermelon. Today I'm going to make a pot of lentil soup and hope that I can tolerate the lentils.
I found a recipe on the boards for Kelli's stir fry and it has water chestnuts in it. Sounds good. It has shrimp in it which I don't like but thought I would leave out the shrimp and just use it as a veggie stir fry to substitute for salads.

Thanks again
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Best wishes, Mountain Girl! You can do this. I am re-committing again. It is so easy to relax and let some pounds slip back on.
Pam
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

6/9/16

Breakfast......cantaloupe cubes, grapes, sliced banana

Lunch.....hamburger steak, slaw, butter bean mashed potatoes, squash

Dinner.....leftover fruit from breakfast, popcorn

Also had a small smoothie between breakfast and lunch. Had Doctor appt after lunch and didn't want to eat heavy meal before.

Thanks for the welcome back.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/12/16
Hi from Iowa. My granddaughter was married yesterday and she was so beautiful. Everything went well and a good time was had by all. 3 of my 4 girls were here and 5 grandkids. I met my new son-in-law and love him. He makes my daughter so happy. We went out for Karaoke tonight and had a swell time. My new son-in-law and new grand son-in-law both sing well and I got along well with both my ex-husbands. Only problem was the abundance of non-LDL foods that are plentiful at weddings. I would like to meet with Beth here in Ankeny. Life is sweet and I am overdosed with it.
Aloha,
Leilani

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Hi everyone,

Need to be more consistent with my food log.

6/12/16

B....none....church
L.....leftover chicken, spinach, corn, hot blueberry pie. What is it with that blueberry pie. It just tastes better each time I eat it....lol
Snack.....popcorn, Diet Coke
Dinner....spaghetti, cut up fruit.

I found some wonderful spaghetti sauce recently and am going to try it over cauliflower rice but tonight I had it with brown rice fettuccine. It is ok to have just vegetables at night if hungry isn't it?

Going back and reading journals. So encouraging.

Have a great day
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

You are going in the right direction. Eat for health and things will fall into place. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

6/19/16

Breakfast......beans, corn thins
Lunch.......chicken stir fry, hot blueberry pie
Dinner.....meat loaf, beans, slaw, rest of blueberry pie
Snack...nectarine, popcorn

6/20/16

Breakfast.....Apple smoothie
Snack......chai Tea latte (emotional eating - frustrated with decluttering - only 60 calories though)
Lunch.......meat loaf, slaw, peas, Italian vegetable soup
Dinner.......chicken corn chowder, Angie's Waldorf crunch salad
Snack.......leftover blueberry pie...also had fruit ice cream
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/21/16
Love your menus. It gets boring sometimes when you get in a rut. I think I will make some blackberry pie for breakfast with some yogurt topping, maybe a sprinkle of granola. If you can't tolerate beans but can eat green beans, I have made marinated green bean salad with short cut green beans. I love fresh green beans and they are in season now. I should make some garlic green beans and throw them in salads. I raw asparagus in salads too. Summer is salad season and I love them all. I have lost 5 lbs. that I picked up on vacation. I give God the glory. I couldn't last a day with out Him in my life.
Aloha,
Leilani

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

6/21/16

Breakfast......Apple smoothie
Lunch......Kelli's stir fry with grilled chicken
Snack......pear
Dinner.....spaghetti, chicken corn chowder, fruit ice cream
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Hi Everyone,

Rainy and foggy on my mountain today - a good time to cook! Just made a large pot of SCHLOOP. This wonderful stuff deserves all caps. It tastes so good by itself but you can add some taco seasoning to some of it for a taco salad, then top it off with some black olives, low fat cheese and salsa. You could use some for Schloop Soup - put some vegetable broth with it for soup consistency. Any other ideas?
Oh Yeah, it already contains most of the ingredients for Taco Soup.

Great LDL day so far.

Breakfast was fruit bowl of cantaloupe, grapes, banana slices

Lunch was tomato soup, corn thins with small amt of palmetto cheese. Raspberry SF jello with SF fruit cocktail and small blob of Reddi Whip.

Dinner is going to be baked salmon, slaw, green beans, mashed cauliflower. I just found bags of frozen riced cauliflower last week at grocery. I was thrilled. Just pop in microwave for about 5 minutes. Let sit for a minute then put in ninja with some ICBINB. It was great.

Tomorrow I'm going to make Hot Steak Stew. It is one of our family favorites. I got it out of a women's magazine decades ago and just realized recently that it is totally LDL.

Have a blessed day
Mtngirl