Mtngirl's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Mtngirl's Journal

Post by Zesti »

If you are hungry. EAT! any time of the day, eat until you are no longer hungry. Keep it LDL and you don't even have to think about it.
I make the meat loaf in the book and triple the amount! I LOVE meat loaf!!
You did GREAT! :ymparty: I know when I am craving mashed potatoes. No matter the time of day, but for me, it's mostly at night. I just open a can of butter beans, microwave, add some salt, pepper and a little evoo or lite smart balance and I a one happy puppy.
I was actually craving califlower last week. I made a big bowl of the califlower salad, it's like a mock potatoe salad. I will eat tons of this and the Beantatoe salad in summer. But, hey at night. I micorwave it warm for my dinner.
You GO GF,
Zesti
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Breakfast....cantaloupe, grapes, banana
Lunch....hot steak stew (small amt, not enough), corn thin, apple
Dinner.....rotisserie chicken, salad, less than 1/4 cup of pinto beans
Snack......smoothie

Good LDL day, but it is 10:30 pm and I am still hungry. What I would like to have is a bowl of shredded wheat but I guess I will just sit here and munch on some dry roasted edamame instead!!!

Alisa
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Try an egg sandwich on corn thin-very satisfying. :ymhug: JF
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Thanks Joyful. How do you fix your egg sandwiches? This morning I had the shredded wheat that I was craving last night with half sliced banana. It was on Roger's list of craving buster breakfasts on home page.

I'm going to do some cooking today. I found a recipe online for brining pork chops then cooking in oven in cast iron skillet. I have a steak to marinate, too. Also going to make white chicken chili using some grilled chicken breasts I had in freezer. I think tomorrow I am going to make a big pot of ww zero point soup that is also LDL friendly. After this soup is cooked, I put it in blender and then refrigerate. Because it is just a good vegetable soup, I can just dip out a cup - heat it up and then sip on it whenever I get hungry. This would be good to have for dinner with popcorn and smoothie.

One of my favorite LDL friendly meals is grilled pork chops, green beans or black eyed peas and cole slaw. Sometimes I will put a large spoonful of slaw on top of my salad instead of dressing. This dresses the salad and gives it extra crunch. I used to do this all the time at salad bars and not get dressing. Better go - I'm making myself hungry.

Have a blessed day everyone
Alisa
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sounds as though you are eating well. I use coconut oil in non-stick fry pan. I salt and pepper. I fry until the yolk is hard. Put on corn thin, and enjoy. When I first started LDL 5 yrs ago, I had a smoothie when I got up. That is after a cup of coffee. About 10:00, I needed energy, so that's when I had eggs. They kept me until around 3 when I had my big meal. I took the weight off in 6 months, and have kept it off without feeling deprived. I very seldom crave anything now. I'm still grateful for Roger and LDL. It is is a gift from God. My health is good. :ymhug: JF
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Good morning everyone,

I seem to be doing better on LDL this time. I'm easing into eating the beans so have not had as much stomach trouble. My Hot Steak Stew recipe has a can of garbanzos (I substituted a can of navy beans) and a half cup of limas. It makes about 10 cups so I am not getting too many beans a serving. I confess I have had a sprinkling of chopped pecans on my oatmeal with applesauce (just once). Pecans are so expensive I hate to toss them but I won't buy anymore and I also made some sf vanilla pudding
with sliced bananas, but so far no bread, no crackers, no potatoes, no SUGAR!

When I do want some bread snack, I've been eating a few of the dry roasted edamame. I think what I'm really craving is the salt.

To Little Mary, Crickadoodle, Miss Heirloom and others who have been so successful on LDL, you all are so encouraging. What about posting some of your current menus occasionally? I think it would be helpful to the rest of us who are on this weight loss journey and maybe give us some new food ideas.

Yesterday,

Breakfast....cantaloupe, grapes
Lunch.....grilled chicken salad, sf pudding
Dinner....leftover grilled chicken on corn thins, sliced apple, sf pudding.

Hope everyone has a great day. This is the best message board ever. I visit it everyday and find encouragement and inspiration.

Thank you all so much,
Alisa
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have been following GrassFed Girl on Facebook and she has recipes for adding organic grass-fed gelatin to smoothes.
She also uses it to make puddings and gelatin and even gummies for kids.
I bought some but have not had time to start using it yet, but this would be better than the processed packaged stuff.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

MtnGirl- Following is a post where I pretty much outlined the template for my eating plan based on this life-saving method:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15213&p=132962&hilit=boring#p132962

Enjoy! it's so easy to eat well!!! Thanks for your kind words.

Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, I went back to read the post. That is about what I do as well on most days. I try to keep 16 hrs between last meal of the day and breakfast. I usually don't eat much after my big meal. We are without water at our home. There is a big water leak in the city's system. We use pool water for flushing . I plan to goo to daughter's home for shower. When Ii was growing up, we used a wash pan. How did we stay clean! We did. Now, it seems unreal. Hope it is fixed soon. Sorry that I strayed from "eating". I think LDL is never boring. Mostly because , the people on the boards like you keep giving great ideas... Love you all. :ymhug: JF
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Keep posting mountain girl! I enjoy reading your posts, old and new. Life is good.
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Today I felt like the Proverbs 31 woman "she bringeth her food from afar". I stopped at a take away restaurant nearby and bought 4 grilled chicken breasts. These are wonderful and I use them for soup, chicken salad, BBQ chicken and of course they are good by themselves. This restaurant has a take away section and has their food already cooked and packaged to carry home and just heat up. I also bought broccoli salad, black bean and corn salsa and two servings of their meat loaf which is close to LDL. Then I went to another restaurant and bought a hamburger with no mayo and substituted corn on cob for the french fries. I also bought an Italian steak sub sandwich. It has the best, tenderest sliced steak and onions and again I substituted corn on the cob for the potatoes. Stopped at the grocery and bought salad and a cantaloupe. After I got back home, I carefully put away all that food and had the hamburger for lunch while it was still hot. Threw away the bun, cut burger in half and made two corn thin burgers with the lettuce, tomato and onion.

I'm hoping this food will last me for a few days. I'm cooking for one now and sometimes it's hard to prepare whole meals when it would be so much easier and quicker to have a sandwich and chips.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Thank you too Pam for your post on intermittent fasting. I am going to try that. I hate eating breakfast or any meal when I am not really hungry.

Alisa
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Glad that helped, Alisa. You were very resourceful in your gathering of appropriate foods for your health! Keep up the good work. It must be challenging to cook for one.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Alisa- You were very resourceful in gathering food that will be great for your health. It must be very challenging to cook for one. Good job :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: ! I'm glad you found my post helpful!
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Well, I just had to weigh in this morning....down 3.5 pounds!

I had sugar free pudding this past week. I know it is not allowed even though it is in the suggested pumpkin delight recipe?? And I had my favorite shredded wheat twice. Because my body doesn't handle the beans very well, I am trying to eat only small amounts and see how that goes. Had one can of pinto beans spread throughout the week.

As far as the cravings.....when I've had a craving for bread, chips, etc., I think it's really the salt and crunch I want so I've nibbled on a few dry roasted edamame instead. They're good but not as great as cashews or cheeze crackers of course so I only eat a few. It's the sugar that I'm addicted to. I don't have the craving so much between meals but I just want a little something sweet after meals. I've been keeping cut up chunks of cantaloupe and grapes in refrigerator and grapes in freezer. Sometimes a tiny spoon of polaners all fruit satisfies.

I'm going to make almond egg custards today. I use fat free condensed milk (on the approved list in the Red Book), egg beaters, Splenda, vanilla and almond flavoring.

Some tips I've learned this week.....BE PREPARED! Have food ready in refrigerator so you just need to dip and heat. Make salad early in day, cover in plastic. (Making salad is a chore for me). Plan menus with your most, most favorite LDL foods.

Had good week......lost 3.5 pounds and no sugar!

Blessings to all,
Alisa
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

3 1/2#!!! Congratulations :) !
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Today

Breakfast......grapes, cantaloupe, half banana. Went ahead and sliced the other half into my little stoneware microwave cooker, covered it in rinsed frozen blueberries, pack of Splenda and sprinkle of cinnamon. Cook 3 min. Dessert for dinner done!

Lunch......left over BBQ beef, left over steak, salad with spoonful of slaw on top, fruit

Dinner.....meat loaf, left over slaw, roasted green beans (first time for these). They were OK

Snack......hot blueberry pie

Had too much protein today but was hungry. I tend to eat more meat when I can't have the beans.

What other fruits are good to use in the pie recipe? I've used peaches.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Apples and cinnamon are good
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Breakfast......half banana, grapes
Lunch/dinner.....chicken salad, mug of hot steak stew, peach cobbler, 2 corn thins

I think I will have a smoothie before bed.

Blessings all,
Mtngirl