hummus recipe

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
snowbirdie
Master Member

hummus recipe

Post by snowbirdie »

Does anyone have the recipe for hummus? I Used to have it but can't find it now. Thanks for your help. judie
omalani
Master Member

Re: hummus recipe

Post by omalani »

See the recipe boards under dressings, sauces and dips. There are several recipes: zippy hummus, edamame hummus, healthy hummus and more. I buy Sabra hummus or Aldi's brand and don't have a problem with it. It would be cheaper to make my own though and you can freeze it in small containers so it goes well on trips. I will take some when I go to Iowa tomorrow. I love HLT sams on rye crisps. (that is hummus, lettuce and tomato) I tried the Mac on corn thins and had no trouble throwing away the bread so I don't have to go overboard on the popcorn this trip! :-o I also make my eggless salad with mashed garbanzo beans, mustard and mayo and maybe a little rinsed sweet relish. I used to buy the no added sugar relish, but have been unable to find it in the stores. Hope this helps.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Gee thanks so much I want to make some for myself and Ralph also my grandson is coming over and he loves hummus. You are always so helpful Bless you, Judie
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Sorry this is so late. I had started days ago and this thing froze on me ! HA! only thing freezing in this house =))
This was posted and I copied it but didn't note who wrote it...does sound like Mary though...anyway..it's one of my favorite hummus's, I love to use it in place of mayo too, but great as a dip for my corn thins..
XXOO
Zesti

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups cooked, drained white beans, such as navy, Great Northern, or canellini
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. Key Lime Juice (or regular lime juice would be ok)
1/4 cup olive oil
Dash of Salt
1/2 cup water

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until totally smooth. That's it....it's super-easy, delicious & nutritious. See how fun it is to include healthy beans in your diet?! Enjoy!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Thank you so much It is quite similar to what i think i remember LOL I used lemon juice and cumin I think.. But this sounds good. I am gonna try it. Yesterday my daughter came over and I made pho. Wasn't sure i would like it but it was very good. Have you ever tried it
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Yes, and even got my DH to try it too. He liked it and said he would eat it again..I warned him not to cook it long, and it was hard not to do so..but it came out good. We used the fetchinni size..I could have eaten the whole box !! I also like the brown rice pasta and getting DH to eat that instead...I don't really eat a lot of pasta, nor do I want too anymore...and now adays a little goes a long way..which is a good thing :))
Zesti
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi even got daughter to try it. She said I don't like fresh leaves in my food but I got her to try it. She said it was ok to good but don't know if she would make it.