how do you make banzo fries?

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
sweetdancer

how do you make banzo fries?

Post by sweetdancer »

I'm not with my new lets do lunch book right now but would like to know what is and how to make banzo fries?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: how do you make banzo fries?

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome to Lets Do Lunch Sweet Dancer.
I did a search and found the recipe here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9004&hilit=Banzo+Fries

It is basically using roasted Garbanzo beans in place of home fries.
Hope this helps
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I chop some onion and rough mash drained garbanzos then fry them with the onions. Then I fry an egg and put it on top. I love them.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch, Sweetdancer. My favorite is oven roasted butternut squash fries. Butternut squash should be at the market soon. Just peel the butternut squash and cut into small chunks or fry-shaped pieces. I put them in a plastic bag with about a Tbsp. of olive oil and coat each piece. Then spread on a sprayed cookie sheet and add salt. Bake at 350º until they begin to brown turning once. These are incredible and better than any French fry or even candy!
Best wishes on your journey to health!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Roasted diced turnip can taste like hash browns as well. I roast veggies at 400 and put them on parchment paper so they don't stick and it is easy to clean up your cookie sheets afterwards. I use olive oil and seasonings, I love fresh or dried rosemary. When they are cooled you can put them in mixed green salad. I enjoy cooking but I have to learn to quit sampling as I cook. Life is a challenge.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11