hi omalani

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
chewy

hi omalani

Post by chewy »

here i am omalani! how are you doing these days?
omalani
Master Member

Re: hi omalani

Post by omalani »

I am enjoying my retirement. I spend too much time thinking about food though. I am grateful for LDL because I have eaten a lot, but have stayed pretty close to my weight loss. I have been creeping up on the scales though and I want to stop that!! I have decided to get into my painting more and hopefully I will stay out of the kitchen at night. I do fairly well till night time and tend to comfort myself with food. Life is good and I know that God with be with me always.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

When I was in psychiatry, we would notice that the worse patients would"cycle". They would be semi lucid for a few weeks then they would become really crazy for weeks at regular intervals. Lately I have become aware that my apppetite "cycles". I seem to have periods where I am always hungry and eat non-stop and it seems only the bad stuff satisfies. Then suddenly the cravings disappear and I can eat small amounts again and accordingly the weight drops. Tired of the yoyo but am pushing through it. Right now I am happy to be on the down side.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good to hear from you Linda. I am going out of town for Easter but we will have to get together in April when I am back. Life is good and will be even better when I get my taxes finish on Monday. I am afraid my cycles are much like yours because I am around so many things I do not need to eat but do!! I am considering moving to Iowa to be near my family. I will have to travel to warm places in the winter though. May God richly bless you and all my LDL family.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Where are thinking of moving to in Iowa? That is my home state!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

enter4/15/16
My daughter lives in Ankeny, and I have 3 granddaughter living in downtown Des Moines. There are skyways connecting the apts. to the stores. Samantha and Ryan bought an old condo in the historic area and it is beautiful. The capitol is beautiful and it is a relatively small city. I just don't like the cold winters and the muggy summers. They all want me to move there. We will see. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Small world! I live on the West side of Ankeny near Saylorville Lake. Maybe we can meet in person when you are in the area.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

What a wonderful surprise! :ymhug: I am sure my family will always be in that area. It would also be wonderful to have a friend to help me cut through the excuses that seem to derail me every time I visit there. My daughter, Jennifer, teaches exercise classes at the Ankeny YMCA and is also a teacher at the Montessori before and after school program in Des Moines. They all eat healthy foods but eat out often and bread is a big part of their diet. I have been eating more dairy and grains lately. It really kicks up the old cravings, especially granola!! Granola is like cookie crumbles!! So back to square 1 today. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

I would love to have you for a neighbor and friend in Iowa!

The last couple of weeks have been hectic and I haven't been online much. I hope you are doing well.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/27/16
I have definitely decided to move to Iowa. My daughter and her husb. are looking for some property, a ranch style or a home with a walk out basement or bunk house for a separate living area for me. Their house has all the bedrooms upstairs so it is difficult for me. The time frame is in the next 2 years. I was there 1 week for the wedding but it all went by so fast I didn't succeed in looking you up. I will be there for 3 weeks the end of July and first part of August for the birth of another great grand-baby. I am still trying to pare down my belongings. We rented the movie, Hello My Name is Doris, with Sally Fields, and I really identified with it being difficult to part with things with good memories attached. My food cabinets are stuff with things on sale or marked down to a price that I couldn't resist. So I need to go through the out date and use what I have before buying new. Life is full of difficult decisions, but I don't have to be alone in making them. God is with me always.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Happy to hear you will be with family.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...